Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Custom difficulty is the best one in pathfinder. Only edgy tryhards play on premade difficulty so they could brag about how they lost 800 hours of their life but managed to beat it on impossible or some such shit.
Developers should make 1 intended difficulty and only provide other difficulties for the munchkins and story mode noobs

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Custom difficulty is the best one in pathfinder. Only edgy tryhards play on premade difficulty so they could brag about how they lost 800 hours of their life but managed to beat it on impossible or some such shit.
Developers should make 1 intended difficulty and only provide other difficulties for the munchkins and story mode noobs
They need to work on their encounter design is what they should do. There are loads of enemy templates that they can use from the Wrath of Righteous AP. That will prove a much tougher challenge.

cruelio

Savant
They constantly ate up attacks when trying to advance on me, while breaking engagement from my melee attackers. During stream, there were countless examples where enemies accidentally killed themselves by breaking engagement. For spellcasters, they would cast spells while being engaged on. Thus inadvertently eating up AoOs. So that was funny to see.
The AI does those things in real time mode too. The AI doesn't know how to do anything, real time or not, because it is really bad. This is why they had to do things like simplify flanking and buff every single enemy in the entire game in ways that don't make sense if you've ever actually played PF tabletop....
jesus why is 'core rules' where challenging used to be

there was a lot of reeeeeing complaints on kingmakers various forums about why the game doesnt pump the players e penis by making the game easer translate accuratelly the monsters numbers from the pnp.
... but apparently having the game be true to the system its based on instead of taking lazy shortcuts is "pumping the players e penis".

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So here's some of the stuff I was talking about saving up for:

Stuff.jpg

wolj loot.jpg

Wand of Acid Pit could be main action economy for Nenio for awhile when she runs out of spells. Conman's Ring is the must have, and Bookworm is insane on Wolj (it let me kill Swarm Queen on Hard). Ceremonial was proccing several times per display last time I tried it. REd salamander obviously nuts, etc...

Saving Throw tutorial.jpg

More tutorial goodness. These keep on popping up if you don't check the box. Got the Blindness one at level six.

Value of Athletics.jpg

Getting to a chest via Athletics

Crusader Haste.jpg

Note the duration. This is from the Crusader Wizards you can save from the library where you find the Storyteller. You have to talk to storyteller but tell him to wait and then talk to Klaem and ask him to join Crusade before Storyteller take's you back to main base.

Crusader Wizard Dispel Door.jpg

They'll also open doors. The high Trickery checks on the Magic Doors is new. Used to only open to Dispel. I got in the mystery room via Trickery this time.

Crusader Wiz.jpg

And Dispel Succubus Domination. Much easier fight when her recruits are all fighting themselves instead of you.

Bomb on Succubus.jpg

I think she's flatfooted here just due to being flanked and outnumbered. Something to keep in mind to help your ranged characters. Not that like most (maybe all) Demons she has Fire resistance so regular Bombs will do less damage. Will need a plan to get around that if you want to bring an Alchemist. It's a good idea. Seelah's Smite lets her bypass all DR.

Seelah vs Deradnu.jpg

This is the fight where you really appreciate that part. I should have Enlarged and Bull Strengthened her for this fight.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
jesus why is 'core rules' where challenging used to be

there was a lot of reeeeeing complaints on kingmakers various forums about why the game doesnt pump the players e penis by making the game easer translate accuratelly the monsters numbers from the pnp.

Funny that, people expecting a setting called "Core Rules" to actually be the core rules and not the dev's tweaks.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Cleansing.jpg

This is a mechanic that's just been added. This used to be a straight skill for EXP Lore (Religion) Check. Now it reduces the corruption you accrue from resting if you pass the check.

Rest Places.jpg

Sanctified Defiled places.jpg

One of them has a high check, one medium, one none at all. Love this mechanic. Best Vancian balance yet and makes sense Lore-wise.

Damage Reduced.jpg

Lann needs a plan to deal with Damage Reduction. Ki Arrows will get it done, but not yet. I also picked up the Mythic ability that lets you enchant + bless Weapons to deal with this. Holy/Force Bombs on the way as well.

Slumber DC fixed.jpg

Better lucky than good. Looks like they fixed the DC on Slumber that was going up one per level before.

Close Up.jpg

Somebody requested a close up. Sry no Rapier yet. I'll get you one tomorrow. Cam hit the bench.

Lann crit.jpg

Deadly Aim showing up. Lann comes with a good bit of Strength so he can lay the wood. Manyshot is working so he was on five attacks per round once he hit level six due to Flurry and Haste. Rapid doesn't stack so skip that one.

Arrow of Law MVP.jpg

Check out what doesn't suck all of a sudden. Demons are Chaotic Outsiders. Holy Damage + Daze. Will need to get that Spell Pen up but that's doable.

Hidden Treasure.jpg

Looting Library.jpg

Treasures from hidden areas in Garrison. Cold iron is another way to bypass the Demon DR. Likewise Holy Sword scroll. That spiked Shield is new. Nothing like that in P:K.

cruelio

Savant
... but apparently having the game be true to the system its based on instead of taking lazy shortcuts is "pumping the players e penis".

you always play kingmaker ironman/4 man party right? because there is no reload in the pnp nor 6 man parties.
LOL are you trying to suggest they made the insanely stupid changes they did because you aren't playing PF a way PF doesn't even make you play it? That's why limiting the party to 4 max isn't even a slider option, right?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

you always play kingmaker ironman/4 man party right? because there is no reload in the pnp nor 6 man parties.

razvedchiki is a little bitch who puts half the forum on ignore, so he can't see my responses, but still.

All Owlcat had to do was call the Core Rules setting anything but "Core Rules" and no one would be bitching about it deviating from the core rules.

It's like making a "diet" drink that has 50% more calories than the original.

cruelio

Savant
The changes aren’t insanely stupid.
*adopts a system that designs encounters around challenge rating*
*gives every single enemy, regardless of party size, a flat amount of stats that amount to several levels worth plus in some cases class levels to boot*
Don't see how this will cause any problems. BTW the barbarian party member has a 30% chance of hitting enemies.

Testownia

Yes, should be. A real nice troll attempt on certain member of Codex
Fill us in.

A certain member who's alias starts with L and thinks she is the greatest RPG connoisseur is in the game. I didn't get to see any further than that though.

For those who didn't see Codex quest NPC:

9a7ByOb.jpg

Considering Lilura's hate for Kingmaker and Pathfinder in general, that's an amazing troll.

So you're wasting such a unique opportunity... to give more attention... to an obvious attention whore?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Fill us in.

A certain member who's alias starts with L and thinks she is the greatest RPG connoisseur is in the game. I didn't get to see any further than that though.

9a7ByOb.jpg

Considering Lilura's hate for Kingmaker and Pathfinder in general, that's an amazing troll.

So you're wasting such a unique opportunity... to give more attention... to an obvious attention whore?

Lilura has an ego the size of Australia (and a huge accompanying dose of unwarranted self importance).

Any negative or ironic portrayal is likely to cause butthurt. As an added bonus it also causes much lulz when Lilura's simp squad gets butthurt as well (as could be seen earlier in the thread).

Testownia

Fill us in.

9a7ByOb.jpg

Lilura has an ego the size of Australia (and a huge accompanying dose of unwarranted self importance).

Any negative or ironic portrayal is likely to cause butthurt. As an added bonus it also causes much lulz when Lilura's simp squad gets butthurt as well (as could be seen earlier in the thread).

As to the butthurt, could you direct me to said posts.

As to your other remarks - that's the main attribute of attention whores - as long as the attention is there, they don't care whether it's positive or negative. Unless he is getting actively humiliated in said quest, he's still getting off to the spotlight.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:nocountryforshitposters:
Have you even played kingmaker?! The custom difficulty is the best option menu i have seen in a fucking rpg. You could ramp up the difficulty while cutting on the fat with resting restoration and such. The level of options is amazing,i do believe that they have improved on it in this game.

I want either amazing options like this,or no difficulty options and no level scailling like gothic and MM games.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I use difficulty to make the game both enjoyable and sensible. In PoE, I used POTD difficulty because that's how the game is enjoyable. In PFK I used essentially the core rules with default stats on enemies because I don't want to see bandits with 40ac and stats were bloated in the game as it is.

Statbloating enemies is just a lazy way to increase difficulty. Encounter design to make the fights you have tactical questions is how it should be done. In absence of that, it is better to increase the number of enemies and add a greater variety than to have few enemies with insane stats, except when that makes sense of course.

I doubt I will play this one with anything but core rules and without any stat boosts as well.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Jeslyn smoked me because I couldn't get to him before he got insect plague off (at least partly because pathing is so damn bad). Starting to regret having brought Ember on this assault instead of Daeran. And enemy alchemists are even more annoying than they were in P:K. So many tight doorways and fights that trigger immediately.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I use difficulty to make the game both enjoyable and sensible. In PoE, I used POTD difficulty because that's how the game is enjoyable. In PFK I used essentially the core rules with default stats on enemies because I don't want to see bandits with 40ac and stats were bloated in the game as it is.

Statbloating enemies is just a lazy way to increase difficulty. Encounter design to make the fights you have tactical questions is how it should be done. In absence of that, it is better to increase the number of enemies and add a greater variety than to have few enemies with insane stats, except when that makes sense of course.

I doubt I will play this one with anything but core rules and without any stat boosts as well.
I think what this game will excel the most in, is it's build making options - that it is if you enjoy spending hours creating character builds. I don't see any games coming out that will have as much build diversity as Wrath will. Plus the Mythic Paths will include lots of replayability when it comes to building characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom