Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Testownia

Oh... it looks like Owlcat Games slipped that the Gold Dragon path will be a "shorter story". So I assume both Swarm and Legend will be similar.

Testownia

The themes are clearly very HOMM inspired. Slavs do love their HOMM, they even hamfisted it into an already massive RPG, that's true love right there.

My theme of choice will be:

8f858d0d1714408cac1b12e96505bff7.jpg

That's the strange thing about the Aeon Path. It's based on the 2ed fluff (Law Keepers) but the story seems to be tailored to their 1ed iteration (Balance Keepers). Also, quite the irony that
Trickster is the one who will lose his individuality.

Salvo

Arcane
p9rOgV3.png

I'm getting a weird bug with enemy AI, it looks like they only trigger when the main character approaches them and/or they get attacked.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So about those optional encounters Desi is talking about.

A Nabasu Demon. With 40 AC (24 Touch AC) and 29 AB (33, but he use Power Attack) on Hard. Has 25 SR. Has Corguon Smash. With a fucking negative level gaze (DC 29 Fort. At level 8 party). Nobody has Blind Fight. You fucking get weaker as you fight him. What the fuck.

Kinda cheesy but I just ended up using Daeran to spent nearly all 3rd level spells for summon skeleton + Cam summon monster while my monk and Lann use True Strike to try to kill him. This time I don't have Ember Hex either which makes this harder.

And now everybody is crippled with 3 - 4 negative Levels.

Zen Archer is good guys, fuck everybody who told you to splash this splash that.

Salvo

Arcane
So about those optional encounters Desi is talking about.

A Nabasu Demon. With 40 AC (24 Touch AC) and 29 AB (33, but he use Power Attack) on Hard. Has 25 SR. Has Corguon Smash. With a fucking negative level gaze (DC 29 Fort. At level 8 party). Nobody has Blind Fight. You fucking get weaker as you fight him. What the fuck.

Kinda cheesy but I just ended up using Daeran to spent nearly all 3rd level spells for summon skeleton + Cam summon monster while my monk and Lann use True Strike to try to kill him. This time I don't have Ember Hex either which makes this harder.

And now everybody is crippled with 3 - 4 negative Levels.

Zen Archer is good guys, fuck everybody who told you to splash this splash that.

How did you set up your Zen Archer? I made a big mistake in the Alpha by giving Lann the Rapid Shot/Manyshot combo, but those don't work with Flurry.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How did you set up your Zen Archer? I made a big mistake in the Alpha by giving Lann the Rapid Shot/Manyshot combo, but those don't work with Flurry.

This might be a bug but I actually find that Manyshot works with Flurry. Rapid Shot certainly doesn't tho.

Honestly it's nothing special. Just give him Weapon Focus Longbow/Shortbow as part of ZA progression. There is a nice +3 Shortbow on mid Ch2, but there is good early +2 Longbow and a +2 Keen Longbow too. I give him Snap Shot but because nobody has any real way to trigger AoO besides my Sensei Trip it is kinda not used. Give him Deadly Shot because as ZA you certainly have more than 1 way to overcome the attack penalty.

The good thing about ZA is more in the inherent class feature. With high WIS Lann has decent AC. Slap Shield of Faith, Barskin (he can have one as Ki Power), and Mage Armor and you can now park him near the front line. This way he benefits from Point Blank Shot without any fear of actually getting killed as he has decent AC. Snap Shot has 5 feet range for AoO, something like a reach weapon so parking him behind your frontline can benefit him triggering AoO when the enemy is a melee caster, say a Cleric or a Nabasu Demon who cast Vampiric Touch every other round.

Ki Power True Strike is a Standard Action, yes. On paper might be a bad action economy but when the enemy has 40 AC and you have <30% of hitting them then fuck action economy. This and Deadly Shot works well together to whittle down the enemy that you otherwise would spend a long time not hitting. The big challenge of these boss/optional fight is the fact that no matter how many heal you have you ain't "tanking" them for long even with Displacement.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That was just her placeholder they just used one of the PC potraits like most companions during alpha. She even has 2 unique portraits one for her true fox form and one for her human form.

Have they put the change form ability in yet? I can’t find it.

Desiderius

Patron

This might be a bug but I actually find that Manyshot works with Flurry. Rapid Shot certainly doesn't tho.

Honestly it's nothing special. Just give him Weapon Focus Longbow/Shortbow as part of ZA progression. There is a nice +3 Shortbow on mid Ch2, but there is good early +2 Longbow and a +2 Keen Longbow too. I give him Snap Shot but because nobody has any real way to trigger AoO besides my Sensei Trip it is kinda not used. Give him Deadly Shot because as ZA you certainly have more than 1 way to overcome the attack penalty.

The good thing about ZA is more in the inherent class feature. With high WIS Lann has decent AC. Slap Shield of Faith, Barskin (he can have one as Ki Power), and Mage Armor and you can now park him near the front line. This way he benefits from Point Blank Shot without any fear of actually getting killed as he has decent AC. Snap Shot has 5 feet range for AoO, something like a reach weapon so parking him behind your frontline can benefit him triggering AoO when the enemy is a melee caster, say a Cleric or a Nabasu Demon who cast Vampiric Touch every other round.

Ki Power True Strike is a Standard Action, yes. On paper might be a bad action economy but when the enemy has 40 AC and you have <30% of hitting them then fuck action economy. This and Deadly Shot works well together to whittle down the enemy that you otherwise would spend a long time not hitting. The big challenge of these boss/optional fight is the fact that no matter how many heal you have you ain't "tanking" them for long even with Displacement.

A lot of good info here, but as with P:K if you’re using True Strike for anything other than a CM you’ve probably missed something.

Unfortunately the Spell-like Ki abilities don’t bypass SR like Bombs and Hexes do so the Scorching Ray I gave him this time probably won’t do anything. Not to mention Fire not really being the best way to attack Demons.

Probably will need to get the Demon Flat-footed or may just not be the best match-up for ZA at that level, although there is a Mythic Ability that will let Lann consistently hit anything given enough time.

You can also always come back later or just use classes with Touch attax at that level. Can’t find the message you’re responding to but pls quit whining whoever it is before you get the optional fights needlessly nerfed.

There’s a +3 Shortbow near Swarm boss (I. E. Before that Demon) and ZA dice go up on their own so best to give him Short and save Long for Aru.

Desiderius

Patron
Manyshot working probably a design decision. In any event it makes up for bug where Flurry disappears on reloads.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well the Count does know how to throw a party.
His dialogue so far seems sewn from other sassy special flakes though.
Voice acting ala JRPGs or devil may cry or whatever.

ANOTHER CHARISMA CASTER :shitposting:
an EVIL aasimar with 20 Charisma who is a CLERIC and COUNT and probably tortured past INCOMEEEENG

i mean healer ok but knowing shaman and witch suprapowers it's probably a waste to spend these feats on safe channels and shit.

ok now u shit can u fight
strength 7
wow you're more of a girl than Tristian

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
If my Nenio is on schedule she should have around 20 Spell Pen by the time she hits that Demon and Ember will have unstoppable Evil Eye of -4 Saves (with another -2 from Shaken) so Mr. Nabasu may be eating a spell or two himself.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Can someone answer me one question - is player required to become angel/demon/dragon/whatever or main character can remain mortal? Sorry if it was discussed/asked before, I usually skip discussion of mystic path, but I noticed some people being butthurt about them right now + people shitting on music for some reason.

Salvo

Arcane
Can someone answer me one question - is player required to become angel/demon/dragon/whatever or main character can remain mortal? Sorry if it was discussed/asked before, I usually skip discussion of mystic path, but I noticed some people being butthurt about them right now + people shitting on music for some reason.

You have to pick a path but in the VERY late game you can
give up your powers and go down the Legend path

Salvo

Arcane

Delterius

Arcane
ANOTHER CHARISMA CASTER
wait what

he's the only one, isn't he

nenio is wizard, ember is witch, camilla is shaman and none of them is charisma based

Can someone answer me one question - is player required to become angel/demon/dragon/whatever or main character can remain mortal?
legend is basically that

Ember's witch archetype makes her charisma based
wtf owlcat houseruling shit like that

Desiderius

Patron
Well the Count does know how to throw a party.
His dialogue so far seems sewn from other sassy special flakes though.
Voice acting ala JRPGs or devil may cry or whatever.

ANOTHER CHARISMA CASTER :shitposting:
an EVIL aasimar with 20 Charisma who is a CLERIC and COUNT and probably tortured past INCOMEEEENG

i mean healer ok but knowing shaman and witch suprapowers it's probably a waste to spend these feats on safe channels and shit.

ok now u shit can u fight
strength 7
wow you're more of a girl than Tristian

Reach Healing/Curing plus doesn’t trigger AoOs make him Uniquely talented Healbot. Only Companion who can get Second Mystery so sky’s the limit. We’ll see.

Unlike Cam and Ember he has Archon’s Aura so looks like we’ll have an Evoker on our hands. His writing is my second favorite behind Regill. Evil women write Evil well. Who knew?

Salvo

Arcane
ANOTHER CHARISMA CASTER
wait what

he's the only one, isn't he

nenio is wizard, ember is witch, camilla is shaman and none of them is charisma based

Can someone answer me one question - is player required to become angel/demon/dragon/whatever or main character can remain mortal?
legend is basically that

Ember's witch archetype makes her charisma based
wtf owlcat houseruling shit like that

Yeah Stigmatized Witch is an owlcat's own archetype

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom