Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
But they won't be caviar communists if they are not rich! You can't make rich people rich lol.

They can be enabler-variety caviar commies. Like WaPo "journalists" or liberal arts professors.

This is one of the few games I haven't pirated, like AoD. Also Numa, but it was obviously a mistake not to wait for reviews.

vota DC

Augur
Ah I was right then! We have every character voiced already. Everyone. They did to help with immersion.
But with console It wouldn't work. Those people can't read at all so they needed to voice 100% of lines.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Use the machines.... no new voice actors required.

Youtube uses it sometimes in vids.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
INLAND EMPIRE - Are you sure we're in the right game, Harry? And does it even matter?

8H8qNms.png

alyvain

Learned
Do you know if there is a monument to a destroyed monument somewhere in real life, like they have it in Revachol?

Some people in my country want to return a highly controversial statue which got rekt with the commies thirty years ago, and I heard one or two propositions to immortalize his demolishment like this. I've been wondering where the root of this common idea may be, apart from collective consciousness.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Some people in my country want to return a highly controversial statue which got rekt with the commies thirty years ago, and I heard one or two propositions to immortalize his demolishment like this.
Commies destroyed a shitton of monuments, churches, tombs and historical buildings; now they want to commemorate the destruction of the monument to one commie carnifex.

Nothing unusual, though.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Our Lead Designer & writer Robert Kurvitz is also known as the author of “Sacred & Terrible Air” (“Püha ja õudne lõhn” as originally published in Estonia.) The book takes place in the same world as Disco Elysium but 21 years later. It is currently in the process of being translated to English. Robert has been working hard to get Disco Elysium finished but once we have launched, he’ll be able to return to the book. Expect it in the second half of 2020.

:stunned:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Our Lead Designer & writer Robert Kurvitz is also known as the author of “Sacred & Terrible Air” (“Püha ja õudne lõhn” as originally published in Estonia.) The book takes place in the same world as Disco Elysium but 21 years later. It is currently in the process of being translated to English. Robert has been working hard to get Disco Elysium finished but once we have launched, he’ll be able to return to the book. Expect it in the second half of 2020.

:stunned:
I feel you, man. No news on that front.

I’ve got to say tho that you might be able to learn to read in Estonian before the book gets out of editing hell. If you finish reading that thing you’ll have a better command over the language than the average local

chemicalnatzy

Novice
Can't wait to play this again. This is exactly what I wanted with Torment: Tides of Numenera. They should have released a Director's cut with the intended content and full VO.
Great job on improving the optimization as well!
Wonder if they will touch the ending....

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Refreshing to see a wombym writer that's actually good at what she does, and isn't narcissistic or entitled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terenty

Liturgist
In retrospect, i kinda regret playing the game on release now with this new version coming out. I hope they dispersed some new stuff throughout the whole game, not only for these four quests.

Replaying the whole game only for a new quest doesn't seem that appealing to me

jackofshadows

Magister

Such a lovely girl, the fact that she's writing stuff for RPGs is kinda surreal. Also what a contrast to ahem western industry gals, unbelievable (mostly thorn to Dollarhyde's side). This interview has confirmed to me that good portion of 'darker stuff' was written by her which is also fascinating.

Oh man, I'm so looking forward to their future work, shame that they've wasted a whole year on this stupid final cut version (even if she's kinda encouraged me a little about it) so whatever the future project is, it's like 3-5 years ahead or so
rating_negativeman.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom