Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
never forget what they took from you
Spider_Swarm_AoE.jpg
the real problem with kingmaker encounters was not being able to fuck off and instead being forced to reload. also btw, really great how they made the cave bigger to compensate for the swarms. thanks, we really needed more busywork in the game.

Busywork = sucking. If it were easy for you it would be a joy. Instead you’re “forced” to reload.

The solution to problem is playing better.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I do think being able to skip in-engine cinematics (like Hossila or even the intro invasion) after seeing them at least once makes sense. As a serial restarter, there's a lot of fluff to slog through that loses its interest on the 2nd or 9th viewing.

So can only skip on first viewing each playthrough?

Sounds perfect.
Account-wide flag... has this player seen the cinematic before? If so, let them spacebar/esc to skip it. I've seen it in other games, and it shouldn't change the difficulty or gameplay (outside of potentially not having buffs tick down, I guess), and improves replayability enjoyment.

Desiderius

Patron
No.

Mastery improves enjoyment. The relief of tension improves enjoyment.

Savescumming drains it.

Gargaune

Magister
I must admit, I do hate fights that have a massive long convo tree or cutscene right before. Player punishment should be the shame of loss, not boredom going through the same pre-sequence again.
This should be mandatory reading for all game developers. Just throw an auto-save before entering combat, for pity's sake, there's challenging gameplay and then there's wasting the player's time.

Salvo

Arcane
I don't know if other people feel the same, but I was really happy with the performance in the market square in the beta.

Update, as promised. Marketplace flows marvelously on my machine, not even a trace of stuttering. Big improvement over the alpha.

Desiderius

Patron
Ironman mode should be the default in all RPGs, if you turn it off all font should be changed to pink comic sans.

Game really does play great as Tinman once you hit level seven or so, or before if you’re really good/detail-oriented.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
Spider_Swarm_AoE.jpg
the real problem with kingmaker encounters was not being able to fuck off and instead being forced to reload. also btw, really great how they made the cave bigger to compensate for the swarms. thanks, we really needed more busywork in the game.

Busywork = sucking. If it were easy for you it would be a joy. Instead you’re “forced” to reload.

honest question are you actually autistic?

Codex Year of the Donut
Spider_Swarm_AoE.jpg

honest question are you actually autistic?
git gud

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
then why are you acting just as retarded as the fanbase of the game?

it is disappointing, becuase kingmaker sticks close to the pnp in many othe regards like having to cure blindness or ability damage with magic/scrolls instead of just resting. fucking baldurs gate let you run away from fights, so i don#t understand how they could fuck this up.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I was going to make a save or die ratfolk wizard swarm-that-walks, but since that dream has passed, what should I play?

Mounted combat is in the game? I may play an angelic paladin with ultra saves and a divine steed.

Salvo

Arcane
I was going to make a save or die ratfolk wizard swarm-that-walks, but since that dream has passed, what should I play?

Mounted combat is in the game? I may play an angelic paladin with ultra saves and a divine steed.

It is in but completely broken ATM, should be fixed (TM) at release.

Desiderius

Patron
Paladin with Smilo is busted but you don’t get it til level five and that’s what your first companion is already.

Alchemist of some sort is probably best fit with what other classes bring to table. Dirge Bard or Nongood Cleavebooter are also good fits.

New classes/archetypes are risky at this point.

Delterius

Arcane
Does the demon invasion warrant such an extreme reaction like giving yourself over to the Swarm to stop it, though? If we think about this as if we were actually that character in that situation. It seems like all the evil paths are somehow worse than the demon invasion?
View attachment 17305
This is what happens if the players fail in the Wrath AP. It is not inconceivable that someone would take extreme measures to try and stop it. The road to hell (or the abyss) is paved with good intentions, after all.
It has been 6 months since the great victory at Kenabres. The hordes of the Abyss have destroyed every great kingdom in the north, save for the so called 'Grand Barony of Tuskland'. Reports indicate that its ruler, one Baron Hedwyrd is herald to the gasball god and has invested half of his land's revenue into a secret weapons research programme. Lord Deskari tells his council there's nothing to fear, that the River Kingdoms shall fall like Numeria before, regardless. As the demon host enters Tuskdale the Baron unleashes his nuclear option: two hundred and six tonnes of mandragora swarms.

It has been 7 months since the great victory at Kenabres. Demonkind is extinct.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Mandragora Swarm vs Wizards & Warriors Poison Beast cage match who would win?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does the demon invasion warrant such an extreme reaction like giving yourself over to the Swarm to stop it, though? If we think about this as if we were actually that character in that situation. It seems like all the evil paths are somehow worse than the demon invasion?
View attachment 17305
This is what happens if the players fail in the Wrath AP. It is not inconceivable that someone would take extreme measures to try and stop it. The road to hell (or the abyss) is paved with good intentions, after all.
It has been 6 months since the great victory at Kenabres. The hordes of the Abyss have destroyed every great kingdom in the north, save for the so called 'Grand Barony of Tuskland'. Reports indicate that its ruler, one Baron Hedwyrd is herald to the gasball god and has invested half of his land's revenue into a secret weapons research programme. Lord Deskari tells his council there's nothing to fear, that the River Kingdoms shall fall like Numeria before them regardless. As the demon host enters Tuskdale the Baron unleashes his nuclear option: two hundred and six tonnes of mandragora swarms.

It has been 7 months since the great victory at Kenabres. Demonkind is extinct.

Look upon my Garden, o demons, and despair!

Desiderius

Patron
Probably best player on Steam forum back when played exclusively Arcane Bomber or Blight Druid.

Jackpot

Learned
Make cutscenes take longer to get through the higher the difficulty is.
Stretch the animations out and hard map the text speed to difficulty.

These losers enjoy wasting their own time, just give them what they want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom