Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What kind of kernel does Unity run on?

He probably means a portability layer. VFS, shader preprocessor, abstractions made out of #ifdefs. Every cross-platform project comes with one.

I found C++ more usable for systems programming due to zero-cost units of measure (think file descriptors) and RAII.

As an actual OS? Unless it's an equivalent of MSDOS on SVGA, that's fucking preposterous.

Last edited:

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Pics below. Hopefully not too big.

Okay. So I've nabbed and played Cyberpunk 2077 for around, hmmm, 31 hours now.

2IAUjbS.png

I like it, once you get to Act 2, and the world can be driven around in. Shooting goons up and just vibin' while scootin' around with the a, it's fine.

Story wise, it does feel deep, but I fear it's all gonna ring hollow. Losing yourself, being subsumed, maybe even tying it to dementia and alzhemiers and all that, that hits me personally, but I dunno. And the Anti-Corpo talk is laughable. Like, Johnny, you lost this fight before you were even born, much less V.

hkClWCY.png

Lots of bugs. let me preface this with, I don't really get bugs. I get crashes, sure. But even Fallout New Vegas would crash, or a save would fail. And it's not like every single minute of CB2077 is bug laden. Just that they happen frequently and they're noticeable but nothing that breaks the game. I try to parkour a lot on foot, so I often get flung dozens of meters due to some map collision or mesh collision or whatever. Funny most of the time. Broken stretched out bodies. A few lines of dialogue got skipped in a quest once.

But nothing major.

03MyaPu.jpg

Honestly I just want more to do in the city than kill gangbangers. It's fun. But CB2077 should dig into it and flesh out the world more. Right now it's kill, scoot, sell, scoot, kill, etc.... It's a fine pastime, but it could be more. I want more corporate espionage and movement. I want more nomad politics. Hell, I want more shit outside of NC, and inside of it, too. Half the map is empty (I include the BIotechnica flats for this) and underutilized.

Also can they turn down the fucking bloom? Fuck. Look at this LOOK AT IT THE SUN IS A FUCKING ONGOING NUCLEAR BOMB - I mean, it IS, but it's a small circular one if you've ever stared at it, not 500km from Earth itself. You can see it in the first pic too, the hell

WdufE8x.png

And it would be nice if the stores had double their stock. Can't find a look readily well.

Add: more dialogue would be nice, too. Even little things like a proper goodbye to storekeeps. 2077 NC might be a shitty hellhole and V might be an ass but still.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
I don't understand why anyone would work for any large, specially AAA, vidya company. Years and years of verified horror stories don't seem to deter them, so I can only guess they're idiots who "follow their passion" or they're not good enough to be hired anywhere else. For a software developer/engineer worth a damn, working at a vidya company is probably the worst choice you can make, both financially and in terms of job satisfaction (unless you get hired into a senior position straight away, not sure about that).

You're also surrounded by a metric boatload of people of who are at your level of knowledge or better, making you entirely expendable, unlike working software dev for a company that itself has nothing to do with software, where you're often treated like minor royalty.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure why people think that modders are jobless who're looking for some video game company attention to get hired.

Most of them are doing shit because they can and have some free time on their hands.

And most of them are already employed and probably have a warmer place to sit on rather than working in gamedev for pollacks.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Bitch needs to ditch the dredds and wash her dirty ass hair. Blonde/blue eyed, fair skinned C-cup with no tats. Why is this so difficult, people?

Excellent. Now do bewbs
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1530

I've moved on from CP, but it's nice to see a busy modding community, even if it's nearly all cosmetics for waifus.

Still no mod to bulk-upgrade components for perk.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I actually reported a bug to CD project red that my V was only really naked in the inventory and character creation screen but wore pants in first person and during cutscenes. This was their response:

CD Projekt said:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Nudity is censored outside of the inventory and character creation.
This is not a bug. V always have underwear in FPP and Photo Mode and every other case outside of the inventory menu.
Thank you for your feedback though.

Kind regards
<censored>

I am very confused by this response. Who in their right mind would integrate nudity into a game in this half-arsed way? It can't be for modesty reasons because there is one cut scene in the game where you can see a vagina quite clearly. Did they think it would be too much effort because they would have to make the penis jiggle when jumping or something? Very weird decision and I hope some kind modder fixes this. Nudity is of course not that important but if any a game ever needed it, it would be Cyberpunk.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I actually reported a bug to CD project red that my V was only really naked in the inventory and character creation screen but wore pants in first person and during cutscenes. This was their response:

CD Projekt said:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Nudity is censored outside of the inventory and character creation.
This is not a bug. V always have underwear in FPP and Photo Mode and every other case outside of the inventory menu.
Thank you for your feedback though.

Kind regards
<censored>

I am very confused by this response. Who in their right mind would integrate nudity into a game in this half-arsed way? It can't be for modesty reasons because there is one cut scene in the game where you can see a vagina quite clearly. Did they think it would be too much effort because they would have to make the penis jiggle when jumping or something? Very weird decision and I hope some kind modder fixes this. Nudity is of course not that important but if any a game ever needed it, it would be Cyberpunk.

The entire nudity thing was only to get brownie points with the socjuice crowd.

deuxhero

Arcane
I thought the game looked worse and worse the more I heard/saw of it before it was even released. That seems to be continuing even after release as I have found the game is full of "children" that that look like mutated, deformed, dwarfs.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like it, ... the world can be driven around in. Shooting goons up and just vibin' while scootin' around with the a, it's fine.

You’ll get over it once you start noticing that’s all there is to the game with little variety.

No need to thank me, these words of comfort come for free.

Semiurge

Cipher

They've had no issues with female nudity before, it's the threshold of male nudity that's giving them growing pains. They will ease into it eventually and get comfortable with making penis jiggle animations, but give them time. Assuming that there will be another game released by them.

They only hate normal, good-looking people being naked. They absolutely love ugly, obese degenerates making others uncomfortable.

The nature of their issues is exposed so clearly by their behaviour. Deep down they know that looking like tattooed troll dolls with the fashion taste of Aussies makes them hideous, but they insist that the world itself must change so that they can be loved also.

tritosine2k

Erudite
poland will NEVER recover from this
ill use it as another opportunity to complain about enemies and peds appearing and disappearing off the screen, even if standing next to you. This vid sure share some glorious examples of that

Well it's mostly a case of PC gaymers being as tech illiterate as ever because this was admitted by preeminent manufacturers & co. half year ago.
Instant game loading and stutter free navigation through endless open worlds has long been a goal of gamers and developers alike. Even with the incredible performance of Gen4 NVMe SSDs, this goal has remained out of reach. Modern game engines have exceeded the capability of traditional storage APIs; a new generation of I/O architecture is needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom