Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Valdetiosi

Scholar
If anybody is still playing New Vegas these days, I've made this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69809

I should get around to it at some point and finish it, but I'm burned out of modding, so I'll let people to add feedback. Maybe even do a quest mod on top of this.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I was thinking about using MoreMojave next time I play NV. Looks interesting.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Nice to hear. It is playable but lacks polish and quality checking, which I wish to do for next few versions.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Didnt play MoreMojave but from my experience with AWOP, I think that AWOP new areas, while very well designed and with some nice ideas, are a bit too big to the point of over staying their welcome. Gamebryo shooting with its retarded Ai isnt good and extended sections of it, over and over get tiresome quick. Also, AWOP areas for being big, actually unbalance Sawyer mod or loot economy mods because of the tons of resources you can get on AWOP areas.

Install AWOP only if you truly tolerate Gamebryo shooting because after installing it, I started apreciating how New Vegas is very light on combat.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
MM vs AWOP
What is the difference between them?

I would say design choices for sure, but I could also add that MM is more expansive, since AWOP touches ingame borders, MM expands them to fit with the world map.
20201212212049_1.jpg
There's quite a bit locations on over southern border and slowly I push to expand the whole north west corner, maybe in future something across colorado river, too.

Zer0wing

Cipher
If anybody is still playing New Vegas these days, I've made this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69809

I should get around to it at some point and finish it, but I'm burned out of modding, so I'll let people to add feedback. Maybe even do a quest mod on top of this.
Hey, your mod is featured in Viva New Vegas guide as alternative to awful mess AWOP.
MM vs AWOP
Content bloat, can be incompatible with other mods that edit locations on worldmap.
Sawyer mod
Does FNV really benefit from JSawyer mod much? Shouldn't there be alternatives to autism that merges cut content the way JSawyer mod does?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
MM vs AWOP

I would say design choices for sure, but I could also add that MM is more expansive, since AWOP touches ingame borders, MM expands them to fit with the world map.
20201212212049_1.jpg
There's quite a bit locations on over southern border and slowly I push to expand the whole north west corner, maybe in future something across colorado river, too.
You like to focus your areas more on combat or enviromental storytelling? I'm using AWOP but I might abandon my playthrough and go with your mod, while AWOP areas are huge, they arent as interesting to explore because they focus alot on combat and not enough on enviromental stuff, I'm more interested going on some place and figuring out some story that happened on there than go on a super long dungeons with hours and hours of gamebryo combat.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Hey, your mod is featured in Viva New Vegas guide as alternative to awful mess AWOP.

Being in contact with Qolore, he would had loved to put it into the guide proper if it weren't for the fact that you need to generate LOD for it. I might end up doing it once the mod is completely finished.

You like to focus your areas more on combat or enviromental storytelling? I'm using AWOP but I might abandon my playthrough and go with your mod, while AWOP areas are huge, they arent as interesting to explore because they focus alot on combat and not enough on enviromental stuff, I'm more interested going on some place and figuring out some story that happened on there than go on a super long dungeons with hours and hours of gamebryo combat.

I attempt that, can't say I have managed to do it with all places. I can safely say though that it's combat-lite, there's reasonable amount of hostile creatures or NPCs to encounter. I namely think of this as just location mod so I haven't really planned anything deep with these locations, I figured that I would do new mod on top of this that would add quests/NPCs ect; but I'm not yet ready for that.

The Jester

Cipher
Didnt play MoreMojave but from my experience with AWOP, I think that AWOP new areas, while very well designed and with some nice ideas, are a bit too big to the point of over staying their welcome. Gamebryo shooting with its retarded Ai isnt good and extended sections of it, over and over get tiresome quick. Also, AWOP areas for being big, actually unbalance Sawyer mod or loot economy mods because of the tons of resources you can get on AWOP areas.

Install AWOP only if you truly tolerate Gamebryo shooting because after installing it, I started apreciating how New Vegas is very light on combat.
I use Lethal Headshots to make the combat more bearable.
One bullet in your opponent's head and he is dead.
One bullet in your head and you're dead.
It forces you to learn how to aim and how to take advantage of your Surroundings for covers.
It's Highly customizable, personally I activate headsets for myself and human NPCs and put bosses, creatures, and robots on the "ignore" list for the role-playing aspect and the development of combat skills during the game.
66540-1555258482-2141837239.jpeg

And some other mods

DeepOcean

Arcane
Only if you are LARPing about taking 10 doses of jet, had a nasty trip and a nightmare of an alternative dimension where everyone on the Wasteland was replaced by potato people.

Risewild

Arbiter
Only if you are LARPing about taking 10 doses of jet, had a nasty trip and a nightmare of an alternative dimension where everyone on the Wasteland was replaced by potato people.
And then you wake up in Doc Mitchell's home and find out you had been shot in the head... You were having a trippy nightmare while in a coma because of your brain injuries.
:troll:

Zer0wing

Cipher
I use Lethal Headshots to make the combat more bearable.
Nope nope nope nope fuck extra esps for fine-tuning little crap.

bIgnoreDTDRFix=1
bLocalizedDTDR=1

In JIP NVSE plugin ini is all what's needed here.

Risewild Is there any way to have my eyecandy with latest Wasteland FLora Overhaul without the plugin that adds too much trees?
BTW, VIVA NEW VEGAS should reevaluate the advice with FalloutCustom.ini as it can cause frame time inconsistency. Directly editing all necessary lines in MO2 profile specific inis does not while keeps the original ini files virgin.

Last edited:

Risewild

Arbiter
Risewild Is there any way to have my eyecandy with latest Wasteland FLora Overhaul without the plugin that adds too much trees?
I don't know. I never used or looked at the insides of that mod.

Isn't it supposed to have different plugins? Some with more vegetation and trees and some with less?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Isn't it supposed to have different plugins? Some with more vegetation and trees and some with less?
The only tree-less version is old ass 2.8 esp-less vanilla vegetation replacer. The only up to date variant covers a couple of trees which is nothingburger.

Last edited:

Learned
JSawyer Ultimate has a new version configurable through an .ini instead of MCM. Loot can be configured, with separate lines for loot tables like animal meat and explosive containers so you can lower or increase chems, ammo or explosives in containers. but stimpak variants can't be disabled anymore and I think there's less incentive to use "homemade" Stims now.

Code:
fChanceAidLoot=100
fChanceAidNPC=25
fChanceAmmo=100
fChanceAnimalMeat=100
fChanceBobbyPins=100
fChanceChemsLoot=100
fChanceChemsNPC=25
fChanceClutterLoot=100
fChanceClutterNPC=100
fChanceDrinksLoot=100
fChanceDrinksNPC=25
fChanceExplosivesLoot=100
fChanceExplosivesNPC=100
fChanceFoodLoot=100
fChanceFoodNPC=25
fChanceGeneralLoot=100
fChanceGeneralNPC=100
fChanceMagazines=100

Between JSawyer Ultimate and Stewie Tweaks you can really handcraft your own turbo autistic New Vegas experience suited to your tastes and habits.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hey guys, I just finished the game for the first time and would like to replay it again with mods now. As there many hundreds if not thousands of mods available, there doesn't seem to be a way around a mod manager. I've never had to use one, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could recommend me the best one there is.

Btw, is compatibility between the many mods an issue? Will the mod manager point out possible compatibility issues? Would be great if you guys could help me answer my questions. :)
If you don't know how to mod, you're probably best off using Wabbajack.
Detecting and fixing mod conflicts at the record-level can be a bitch.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hey guys, I just finished the game for the first time and would like to replay it again with mods now. As there many hundreds if not thousands of mods available, there doesn't seem to be a way around a mod manager. I've never had to use one, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could recommend me the best one there is.

Btw, is compatibility between the many mods an issue? Will the mod manager point out possible compatibility issues? Would be great if you guys could help me answer my questions. :)

Mod compatibilities can be non-noticable to huge, and game breaking. I wouldn't suggest going full overboard, but to start slow. First, it would be best to know what you're actually looking for.

I think that BOSS had a compatibility check option, but there are probably more advanced tools out by now. I still use FOMM, which was one of the first mod managers. Still the the most comfortable to use.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You should refer to Viva New Vegas (https://vivanewvegas.github.io/) when you're just getting started. It's kept up to date and has step-by-step instructions for installing all the performance and bug-fixing mods. It recommends using Mod Organizer 2.

Yosharian

Arcane
If you don't know how to mod, you're probably best off using Wabbajack.
Detecting and fixing mod conflicts at the record-level can be a bitch.

Hm, but the chances that someone else has already made a list of mods that fit EXACTLY my needs are practically zero, no? So, I'd have to add/remove mods and edit certain mod configs after downloading a modlist via Wabbajack, which again could lead to a situation where I'd have to detect and fix mod conflicts? Or am I missing something here?
Viva New Vegas is pretty much just FONV but better, I think you'll like it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom