Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tortured Hearts - successor to NWN module series

Ivan

Arcane
holy shit, this thread takes me back. 8 years flew by

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Looks like Subbassman is much more of a Rocky Balboa than I thought :salute:

I gave him a hard time back then and would do it again, but I'm also very glad he made it.

Bravo Szoltan

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
wow they actually released something! didn't expect that! any news if they going to redo a kickstarter now with the demo and all?

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is the worst implementation of third-person camera I have ever seen on a game. It's so bad that I think the demo might be bugged on my machine. Haven't progressed much beyond the first scene after character creation. There are a lot of skill options. Combat is painfully slow and you are only in indirect control of your character. Game is ugly.

Lhynn

Arcane
Game looks like absolute shit, ill still play it like the retard that i am. And probably find something to like about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fluent is this game's official demonstrator:

TH is an epic, non-linear, hard-core RPG created by one person (with some help here and there) in 12.5 years. Available on Steam from 1st March 2021. Supports English and Hungarian. Video created by GAME GOD FLUENT, seasoned TH expert. :)

bataille

Arcane
2021-02-09-14-49-28-Tortured-Hearts-Or-How-I-Saved-The-Universe-Again-on-Steam-Opera.jpg

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh, shit. Really? I always believed that Tortured Hearts will come out one day (knock on wood)! Though it's kinda sad that Mr. Gonda and Co. decided to make it first person.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Oh, shit. Really? I always believed that Tortured Hearts will come out one day (knock on wood)! Though it's kinda sad that Mr. Gonda and Co. decided to make it first person.

First person single character you mean?
Wouldn't have minded if it was a TB blobber.

Quoting fluent from the beginning of the video:

I'm hoping my RPG sense is sharp enough.

Well, he's playing the game, isn't he, that answers the implicit question if there was any doubt left...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So the reasoning behind the "on a leash" camera, from Steam forums.

The camera basically works like a first person one, but the character is following it "on a leash", so to say. Although the character is usually behind the camera, you can always turn around and see the guy approaching or just standing there if you don't move. Yes, this is unusual. As far as I know, it's never been used in any game, but it becomes natural very quickly. Our testers had no issues with it. :)

I find the usual "sticky" 3rd person view kind of artificial, so this is a new approach. Our testers didn't have any problem with this method. And yes you can see your characters perfectly. This is like a regular top down solution converted to FPS. For instance, in the Baldur's Gate series you had to "gather your party" before venturing on.

When someone asked an option for traditional top-down camera.

I see. Basically, the areas were built with the first person view in mind. Maybe it could be done, in theory, but I'm alone on this project, having other commitments as well. It would be too risky to touch this now.

Actually it proved to be very practical and smooth on the long run. Also, if the character becomes slow due to encumbrance and lags behind or you move the camera too fast pressing left shift all the time, you can teleport the team next to the camera using one of the radial menu options.

Why don't do just first-person blobber.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think you have to consider the possibility that Subbassman is simply not a real programmer and wasn't able to implement the camera how he wanted, so he implemented it how he could.

We are all a bit responsible for that because we denied him the funding he needed to hire people who could do a much better implementation, and instead forced him into this heroic struggle to make his vision a reality without professional help.

Deleted member 7219

The store page screenshots look like they were deliberately done to make the game look terrible. They even left the "Screenshot taken at x" info in there.

Gonna grab the demo and give it a fair shot. The main youtube channel had some really decent videos that did seem to be a lot better than the static screen shots shown on the steam page.

The startup screen was rather neat, really want to play this.

Price is a bit of a concern, and long term support.

Beyond that should I play the old NWN modules first or try this?

Demo - um, not sure about this camera. I need more time to decide before I throw case down.

Lease based first person camera, is confusing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom