Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, only 4 waifus in the current roster. Probably Dizzy then.

A shame, I don't like females in fighting games.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Anji looks fine, though I am surprised they included him. I don't think he was a very popular character either in the west or Japan.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/ When Dizz was voted in Xrd Revelator, Anji came in 5th, which is a decent level of popularity.

massive hitstop on every hit

hitstops are the mostly the same as in Xrd and XX, excluding new dramatic counters, for example 5S of Anji has a 14F hitstop, which is consistent for a level 3 attack (his 5S in GGXXAC+R had 14F hitstop as well). His 2HS has 15F of hitstop, and that is consistent for a level 4 attack, which 2HS (essentially) was in +R. Etc.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist
Anji looks fine, though I am surprised they included him. I don't think he was a very popular character either in the west or Japan.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/ When Dizz was votrd in Xrd Revelator, Anji came in 5th, which is a decent level of popularity.

Didn't know that. Still, his votes have a large decline from 4th place. And I wonder how this poll would look like if Johnny, Slayer, I-no and Venom were included, who are missing from Strive atm.

massive hitstop on every hit

hitstops are the mostly thesame as in Xrd and XX, excluding new dramatic counters, for example 5S of Anji has a 14F hitstop, which is consistent for a level 3 attack (his 5S in GGXXAC+R had 14F hitstop as well). His 2HS has 15F of hitstop, and that is consistent for a level 4 attack, which 2HS (essentially) was in +R. Etc.

Don't know about the frames, just going off from what I see in these trailers. It seems like every time a hit connects the hit character freezes for a split-second. I might be wrong it just feels that way.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
20210125-215822.jpg

Rollback confirmed. :takemymoney:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Gameplay footage revealing several new moves -- Axl is Dio and can stop time, Ky got Dragon Install and Sol got a lunging super attack.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Zato is pure incline.

Imagine not dancing flamenco and surfing your own shadow while fighting.

Nathir

Liturgist
Hard disagree. Both Zato and Eddie seem to be flailing their hands around randomly, with no energy. It looks awkward. And he looks way too bulky and slow, when he was always a fast character.

Oh well. At least Axl and Faust look better then ever, and Niggaroyuki is like the best newcomer they've done in a while.

Nathir

Liturgist
when he was always a fast character.
wut? maybe on older iterations, but Zato himself is a very slow and mediocre character by design since he's supposed to be used in tandem with Eddie.

Mediocre yes, I would never call him slow. Idk, maybe I am wrong, since this is just my gut feeling. Sure he isn't fast in the way Jam, Chipp, Millia etc, are. But he isn't one of the slow characters either, like Slayer, Axl, Potemxin. He had a fast dash + flight, which imo puts him above a lot of the cast. Maybe it's just the way Strive as a whole game is designed, but idk man. The way he goes into flight or dashes forward looks supper sluggish to me.

And rewatching the video, I'm pretty sure I saw that Eddie attack which looks like an overhead be blocked low. And the FUCKING DRILL was blocked while standing by Sol at around 7:50. Just, what the fuck?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Are Potemkin's command grabs still gonna do 50% damage or am I going to have to change my "get easy wins on the first week" strategy?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Do they ever fckn learn! Nobody wants their wanking story when there is no gameplay, the writing isn't that good. Wtf is wrong with them, go make anime if you fckn want to make anime.

Edit: Fucking weebs, don't even know shit about their own games but gets butthurt at the slightest criticism. Disgusting.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Street Fighter 5 showed a lot of people actually care about a meaty SP experience though.
I care too and SFV had gameplay between their story sequences. It's retarded to not have gameplay in a fckn game. Let us fight the damn fcking battles instead of wanking sitting there doing nothing for 7 hours straight. There can shove their visual novel garbage up their ass.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
As a preparation for beta, ArcSys are releasing introductory videos for characters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom