Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Zodiac Legion - X-COM and dungeons

PrettyDeadman

Is this game going to be released?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The plan is to release a combat demo in winter (or a combat prologue demo. Steam is becoming a bit arcane...). Then we'll assess stuff from there ("full prologue" by August, then EA probably end of 2021).

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

EnnoyQnXUAYllso

EnnshB5XYAIzBn8

Enns9_9W8AEw8Vj

on that subject, I don't think you had shown those pictures here

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Indeed! The first one is still a WiP. The second was a title screen that ended up not being selected. I think I already posted the third.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
So, I added mission start from the campaign map (but you still cannot go back to it!), and we took quite a few screenshots lately.
Here are some of them:

Fireproof carpet
4gCjrhj.png

crowded river crossing
OuuZZUo.png

loot
Q8RmQQY.png

Taurus holding the door while his companions Libra, Ophiuchus and Aquarius try to figure out the lever puzzle, and the two unnamed soldiers wonder how long they will last here.
YjHhJZL.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Looks really good. How about the story or writing general? Already finished or do you want to add it after completing the map and the encounters?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Looks really good. How about the story or writing general? Already finished or do you want to add it after completing the map and the encounters?

Thanks! The lore is not set in stone as we ended up revising the world history a lot over time. It is hard to tell when it will be really finished.

We plan the game to be as open-ended as X-COM, so the structure will be mostly :
launching missions to get benefits (like recovering artifacts from ruins), to deal a resounding blows to the opponent (ie, reactive missions, like the terror missions or UFO on the ground mission), until you get an opportunity to advance to the "next stage".
The stages themselves are not 100% decided yet either.

We started with a ton of mission writing actually, but as lore revisions piled up, making some obsolete, we moved away from it and focused on making maps . I also planned to have COYA parts to introduce missions, but I still haven't coded the scripting part, and it is terribly hard to do it right, (and not "pick the correct option or fight with a handicap", like it is the case in Mechanicus).
So we "froze" writing until we will be sure of the final form "mission planning" phase, except for the short descriptions and victory/failure texts for the maps we have right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom