Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Gahbreeil

Learned
What does Black Isle have to do with anything? You wondered whether or not ME3 was worth playing. It isn't. The series only declined after ME1.
I did not wonder, I figured. I meant the Remaster not ME3. I liked ME2. Connect the first sentence with the two last ones and I'm sure you will know what I have meant by mentioning Black Isle.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What does Black Isle have to do with anything? You wondered whether or not ME3 was worth playing. It isn't. The series only declined after ME1.
I did not wonder, I figured. I meant the Remaster not ME3. I liked ME2. Connect the first sentence with the two last ones and I'm sure you will know what I have meant by mentioning Black Isle.

If you're THAT curious and unwilling to listen to other people there are STILL ways to check out the game without financing the homosexual agenda.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I am. Did not play ME3. Liked the first two on the Xbox. Figure it's worth it.

For the record one of the surprisingly ok things about me3, its multiplayer, won’t be in legendary edition so you are still better off playing the original version. It’s a simple enough horde mode but there was great fun to be had due to a nice variety of playable races.

Gahbreeil

Learned
If you're THAT curious and unwilling to listen to other people there are STILL ways to check out the game without financing the homosexual agenda.
I do not own any ME on the PC is a reason I have been fiddling around with. Yet it's true the DJ is not working for BioWare anymore so it might be a bad idea to finance them.
For the record one of the surprisingly ok things about me3, its multiplayer, won’t be in legendary edition so you are still better off playing the original version. It’s a simple enough horde mode but there was great fun to be had due to a nice variety of playable races.
Multiplayer is not an interest to me in Mass Effect. I'd rather play something like Red Dead Online. I remember the first one very fondly.

Semiurge

Cipher
It's not just that. It's about feminists controlling male sexuality and what they can be attracted to. They can't complain about real women, because they'd come off as jealous. But they can most definitely complain about hot, fictional characters being too sexy and try and make them less attractive to men. Feminists have fooled women and men into thinking male sexuality is bad and having hot women everywhere is wrong, which is why there is so much support from some men for crap like this. Why we've seen uglier and uglier female characters in games lately, why they nerfed Lara Croft's tits. It's all about power over and controlling men.

Even they must know that you can't change the nature of man, you can only civilize him, intimidate him into obedience. That makes what they are doing mere window dressing, the male of the species will always see the female primarily as a collection of body parts that needs no personality aside from one that's suited to childcare. But politeness and modern duplicity dictates that you deny that these baser impulses exist. For the sake of women's feelings.

You can either be honest, or you can be a charming white knight.

Electronic Arts originated as an exemplary publisher before transforming into an execrable developer.

Not to mention the most important software ever released by Electronic Arts:
GJ_PaintCan.tft2.png

AH_KingTut.tft2.png

Deluxe Paint was the shit, I remember how I defaced the included pictures.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We all know that modern bioware will censor the game. The question is. Will eletronic farts put lootbox in this game too?

NerevarineKing

Learned
Younger millennial here. I don't know a single person who was offened by the asses. If they had kept the asses in I wouldn't have given a shit. Seems kinda pointless to remove them at this point, but its not a huge deal.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The fact that they'll find ways to fuck up the remaster, made me play Mass Effect 1 again. It's still Bioware-level decline, but now it has added value due to the remaster.

And it still looks good if you crank up anisotropy and ambient occlusion in Nvidia control panel, and then use a SMAA injector to lower the aliasing artifacts.

purupuru

Learned
Having never played the mass effect games, are they worth diving into now with the remasters? how good are they?

How "RPG" are they?
Only finished ME2 and it's garbage and no rpg at all, just a collection of bite-sized corridor shooting sequences masquerading as quests.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
C1E4BA67FF88BBA7096FCBF8696EF7C0BE3D1804

Then want me to pay 300 bucks for the remaster ahahahahaha. :hypeship:
nobody expected brazilians to pay anyways
i feel like i had letdown my brazilian and russian friends when i remember that i bought all three games.
Well i had the oportunity to buy the entire collection multiple times for less than 50 bucks, just didn't because it would be a "waste" of money taking in consideration i already played the entire damn thing 2 times. :positive:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Having never played the mass effect games, are they worth diving into now with the remasters? how good are they?

How "RPG" are they?
It's ok, Good plot overall (even with some let downs here and there and with feeling of wanting more in certain areas), Gameplay wise there's some minor issues with certain "puzzles" aka the vehicle driving and later drone flying (doubt it gonna change compared to the OG series). Still recommend for the overall experience.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Because there are people here who still don't comprehend what a massive decline the series went through:

ME1
View attachment 17503

ME2

View attachment 17505

ME3

View attachment 17506

THIS is what you're supporting with your money.

as if ME1's "more skillz" made the game any better, I'd take ME3's combat with its "decline progression table" anyday
not to mention that there's a clear incline from ME2 to ME3. In ME2 skills only forked out at the last rank, in ME3 each skill has multiple variations.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Latelistener

Arcane
Moving to Unreal Engine 4 "would be a too much effort for this"
It would require a complete remake of the game. There is no "push this button and upgrade!", UE4 is essentially a completely new engine from the developer standpoint due to how much changed.
The point is, no serious work was put into it. It's a blatant cash grab.

Although one would think they should treat one of their best franchises a little bit better.
If they did remake them you'd be complaining that they expect $180 for the trilogy and it's a blatant cashgrab.
They did nothing (other than cutting multiplayer from ME3) and will expect $60. It couldn't be worse.

MS ported all of the Halo games on PC and humbly asks for 40.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Wait, what's the thermal clip situation? Some people on 4chan saying that they removed weapon heating from the remaster.
replacing heating with thermal clips will require Bioware to redo levels and add ammo drops, as well as rebalance character's skills. Which is too much of an effort.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Wait, what's the thermal clip situation? Some people on 4chan saying that they removed weapon heating from the remaster.
replacing heating with thermal clips will require Bioware to redo levels and add ammo drops, as well as rebalancing player's skills. Which is too much of an effort.
I hope you are right.

is it a good game overall besides ass talking and shiny things
It's very jank at times, and the story is you going in blind for 70% of the game, then a big bad boss gives you exposition and you head into the final mission. But it captures the Star Trek feel better than most other games that attempt it, and its a fun pulp sci-fi setting.
Shooting is Fallout 3 tier, the vehicle control is Fallout 3 mod tier, the dialogues are made so that a guy on the couch can read them on his low res TV 10 feet away. Its still worth playing, I think. I remember it fondly, and have played it twice on release (blue and red morality), and replayed it when ME2 came out, and replayed it when ME3 came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom