Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
We don't use the T word around these parts.

Speak for yourself. Everyone can use a little Good Touch now and again.

TristianPureSkill.jpg

But keep telling yourself its crucial to have 20 STR on your Fighter.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't get the Harrim with Reach thing. You're wasting half his build. He belongs at the front.

Last edited:
I used Harrim as a tank on my first play though. He was acceptable in the role. If you have him in the back line, he won't get to use Touch of Chaos. It's a good setup for a "save or lose" spell on a VIP. As a personality, not worth it. Tristian was surprisingly far more tolerable and useful. Touch of Good saves you from a lot of grief, and gentle repose is nice for an OOPS. Having him actually be decent at channeling really helped with attrition and extending the adventuring day too. I still wonder if I should have made him a mystic theurge though. I did not have much use for the higher tier clerical spells.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Please suggest some good balance of difficulty settings. Normal is too easy, especially now in turn based mode. I have all damage set to normal values, reduced critical damage on party is on, and no bonuses to enemy ability scores. What should I bump.

I'm not even trying to optimize, multiclass or anything. My main char is a pure rogue - no munchkinisms.

Parabalus

Arcane
Please suggest some good balance of difficulty settings. Normal is too easy, especially now in turn based mode. I have all damage set to normal values, reduced critical damage on party is on, and no bonuses to enemy ability scores. What should I bump.

I'm not even trying to optimize, multiclass or anything. My main char is a pure rogue - no munchkinisms.

Why not just bump straight to Challenging?

Maybe without the speed and retrain stuff.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's the obvious thing to do, but I thought there may be a consensus on a mix of settings. In case some settings from Challenging are difficult in a wrong way or go too far.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Challenging with enemy stat adjustment set to none is the closest you can get to Pathfinder core rules. I would recommend just playing on Challenging though.

Desiderius

Patron

Minmax munchkinism in this game ends up making 95% of the people who try it actively worse. If you just play the game straightforwardly as designed and as if everything that should have mattered on previous games (like skill checks and bard songs and careful tactics and managing your Kingdom wisely and the like) actually do matter you’ll find yourself kicking it up to Hard before you know it because you’re doing so well.

On the other hand if you try to take shortcuts you’ll end up butthurt on the Kotex.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

Minmax munchkinism in this game ends up making 95% of the people who try it actively worse. If you just play the game straightforward as designed and as if everything that should have mattered on previous games (like skill checks and bard songs and careful tactics and managing your Kingdom wisely and the like) actually do matter you’ll find yourself kicking it up to Hard before you know it because you’re doing so well.

On the other hand if you try to take shortcuts you’ll end up butthurt on the Kotex.

I actually like it that it is more difficult to effectively multiclass in PF.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Challenging with enemy stat adjustment set to none is the closest you can get to Pathfinder core rules.
Uh, I'm not a Pathfinder expert, but I thought the closest the game gets to core rules is having everything set to Normal, except for Enemy Difficulty which needs to be set to Weak.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Challenging with enemy stat adjustment set to none is the closest you can get to Pathfinder core rules.
Uh, I'm not a Pathfinder expert, but I thought the closest the game gets to core rules is having everything set to Normal, except for Enemy Difficulty which needs to be set to Weak.
Off the top of my head, normal has weaker criticals and less damage to the party.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Off the top of my head, normal has weaker criticals and less damage to the party.
Yeah, setting criticals to Full and enemy damage to x1.0 is part of what I meant when I said normal, meaning nothing is nerfed except for Enemy Difficulty.

Yosharian

Arcane

Personally I'm using Challenging, except with Enemy Stat Adjustments set to Normal Enemies and Enemy Difficulty set to Insane. I'm using this mod to make the Enemy Difficulty setting scale with party level:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/193?tab=description

So far I'm finding it quite reasonable, enemies pose a threat but aren't too extreme. The only fight I've been really challenged by so far was Farnirras The Pensive (I was level 11, got him eventually with Icy Prison).

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

AwesomeButton

Patron

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
It also sets enemies so "somewhat stronger" which IIRC gives them +2 AC and attack bonus. "Normal enemies" must be set manually; weirdly enough no predefined difficulty setting does so.
Yes, that is why my original post said

Yosharian

Arcane
It's important to draw a distinction between Enemy Stat Adjustments, which purports to alter all DCs in the game and the abilities of enemies (and according to the author of the mod I'm using, does relatively little) and Enemy Difficulty, which gives all enemies ability score boosts as well as improving their AB and AC. Enemy Difficulty is the one that the mod alters by the way, in case you use it. There's some details in the posts section of the mod page.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
It's important to draw a distinction between Enemy Stat Adjustments, which purports to alter all DCs in the game and the abilities of enemies (and according to the author of the mod I'm using, does relatively little) and Enemy Difficulty, which gives all enemies ability score boosts as well as improving their AB and AC. Enemy Difficulty is the one that the mod alters by the way, in case you use it. There's some details in the posts section of the mod page.
I've had this explained to me the last time the topic came up, but I can never remember the difference between the two options or even that there are two options. Is this what age feels like?

Yosharian

Arcane
Ultimately the game is broken from a difficulty perspective because enemy casters don't have time to buff themselves properly and enemies generally don't have sufficient AI to pose a threat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom