Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Percy

Cipher
Hey, PSA

Don't sell the stone knife you get in chapter 1.

I did and there's an option later on that u can use it for.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So apparently the crafting system is there only for potions and scrolls... lame.

I prefer it that way. Otherwise, what's the point of exploring and overcoming challenges to win better equipment? What's the value of "unique" item properties?

Ideally the devs could include an artifact equipment "upgrade" system with unique paths, similar to Deadfire. That game has crazy good itemization.

That's fine IF they provide better weapon coverage this time around. If the weapon type you've chosen has a single high end unique that's actually pretty bad that's not a very satisfying feeling.

If they can't be bothered to itemise properly, they should remove a bunch of the weapon types.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Crafting is a fucking plague on CRPGs. It's literally just an excuse for developers to not even bother with itemization.

Percy

Cipher
I prefer giving my shit to a retarded dwarf who makes them better with the right components.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Crafting is a fucking plague on CRPGs. It's literally just an excuse for developers to not even bother with itemization.

It's not like crafting could be an immersive pastime that knits you more intimately to the virtual world ...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So apparently the crafting system is there only for potions and scrolls... lame.

I prefer it that way. Otherwise, what's the point of exploring and overcoming challenges to win better equipment? What's the value of "unique" item properties? Lastly what's the point of specialization? (I understand the last point can be seen as a negative, but I'm against every weapon feeling samey).

Ideally the devs could include an artifact equipment "upgrade" system with unique paths, similar to Deadfire. That game has crazy good itemization.
Adding the 3.x weapon crafting system wouldn't automatically make "exploring and overcoming challenges to win better equipment" pointless, since when crafting you can only pick weapon properties from a standard limited list, while loot given as reward can have unique properties. In Kingmaker, being able to craft a +3 Flaming Shock longsword wouldn't make Perfection useless, and being able to craft an Empower Metamagic Rod wouldn't make the Grandmaster's Rod useless.

I almost never bother with crafting in any game I play because usually that's the most boring shit you can do with your time. But if you give the option to craft scrolls and potions, at least add also wands to the list.

Fargus

Arcane

Crafting should be simple like in Arcanum or no crafting at all.

Underrail fans on suicide watch??!?

I'm on suicide watch after that tedious game and it's crafting system.

Percy

Cipher
I almost never bother with crafting in any game I play because usually that's the most boring shit you can do with your time. But if you give the option to craft scrolls and potions, at least add also wands to the list.

I agree, wands would be sweet.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

I prefer it that way. Otherwise, what's the point of exploring and overcoming challenges to win better equipment? What's the value of "unique" item properties? Lastly what's the point of specialization? (I understand the last point can be seen as a negative, but I'm against every weapon feeling samey).

Eh make crafting system have stuff inferior to artefacts that you find and allow you to use crafting to have weaker versions of what you find earlier and make it possible to upgrade artefacts with minor but usefull upgrades and voila you keep the importance of exploring while using crafting system to get both early boost before you get the equipment via exploration as well as allow to mildly improve the equipment you find, basically have crafting be early and late while the middle and the core is gotten by exploring

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Eh make crafting system have stuff inferior to artefacts that you find and allow you to use crafting to have weaker versions of what you find earlier and make it possible to upgrade artefacts with minor but usefull upgrades and voila you keep the importance of exploring while using crafting system to get both early boost before you get the equipment via exploration as well as allow to mildly improve the equipment you find, basically have crafting be early and late while the middle and the core is gotten by exploring

That's already how it works with 3.5/PF crafting for the most part. You can generally only use the standard list of enchantments (and modifiers for wonderous items).

Unique items from APs don't tend to follow the same restrictions.

Delterius

Arcane

join the trickster club, we have infinite wand charges at +10 CL (1 per mythic rank)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Crafting if it exists at all should have opportunity cost assigned to them. Currently for Scrolls and Potions it is only availble while camping which increase corruption for example.

Being able to craft axiomatic keen weapon +3 endlessly would pretty much break the game balance not to mention other stuff associated with crafting magical item. It's not even about the money.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Crafting if it exists at all should have opportunity cost assigned to them. Currently for Scrolls and Potions it is only availble while camping which increase corruption for example.

Being able to craft axiomatic keen weapon +3 endlessly would pretty much break the game balance not to mention other stuff associated with crafting magical item. It's not even about the money.

The balance of crafting in 3.5/PF is supposed to be the feat, skill and spell investments. It also takes a lot of time.

You can't make full progress during an adventuring day, so unless you have a ton of downtime you aren't going to be churning out high end stuff.

In PF you can lose the expensive materials if you flub the crafting checks too many times as well.

Yosharian

Arcane
Dont know about ohers but wenduag one seems in character and decent for what is basically You are compensating for small dick insult,
Also you know how in PK you had mod to unlock all aligment options in dialogue ? Im curious just how much will similar mod for Mythic path break shit.
Yes but 'teensy-weensy pecker'? How is that epic fantasy dialogue? This is something your average 2021 Karen would say when the manager refuses to refund her purchase at Walmart.

Delterius

Arcane
Dont know about ohers but wenduag one seems in character and decent for what is basically You are compensating for small dick insult,
Also you know how in PK you had mod to unlock all aligment options in dialogue ? Im curious just how much will similar mod for Mythic path break shit.
Yes but 'teensy-weensy pecker'? How is that epic fantasy dialogue? This is something your average 2021 Karen would say when the manager refuses to refund her purchase at Walmart.
wenduag and karens share an alignment and much of a personality so whats the problem

Percy

Cipher

join the trickster club, we have infinite wand charges at +10 CL (1 per mythic rank)

I joined the club but went for persuasion upgraded mythic trick, which shakens most enemies and paralyzes some.
Then I used my next mythic trick on shit that dont work

Percy

Cipher
20210212225159-1.jpg

FFS Nenio

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

The balance of crafting in 3.5/PF is supposed to be the feat, skill and spell investments. It also takes a lot of time.

You can't make full progress during an adventuring day, so unless you have a ton of downtime you aren't going to be churning out high end stuff.

In PF you can lose the expensive materials if you flub the crafting checks too many times as well.

yeah that's the thing, it usually is done on downtime and it is usually controlled by GM, so GM can balance this

the thing is WotR is a mixed bag of time-based and objective-based narrative progression. Before you trigger certain quests you have virtually unlimited time as downtime which means you can craft away. The other thing is material but in video games player can always game the result in non-ironmode which means the itemization part of the balance can be completely thrown out of window.

Feat cost is meaningless when you can spen 4k gold and make a master mercenaries specialized for Crafting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can't wait for CohhCarnage to read all that dialogue out loud.

Overall looks like someone in owlcats, someone who spent much of their life writing romance mods, doesn't get enough sekes.

But slave trader does speak reason.

Yes but 'teensy-weensy pecker'? How is that epic fantasy dialogue?
I will read it on Ru. would be interesting to compare where it sounds better.

:shitposting:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom