Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
what's the point of customizing the appearance of a character you'll never be able to see?

What is the point of doing that in real life when you don't live in third person ?

Imho one of the best moments of c77 was at panam ending where after nearly 100 hours of my playtrough, character opens up lach and walks out in cinematic shot and you can finally see your character and that breath of air character takes in feels like stretching your legs after long way home for both V and player.

That scene would be much much much worse if you would play in third person non stop.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You're constantly going to the menu screen and your character is front and center there, so you do see your "look" quite a lot. Not really super different from pre-Fallout 4 Bethesda games where (unless you're a madman) you only go third person to check your look. Third-person dialog like Deus Ex or Fallout 4 probably would have made a lot of sense for this game though, all things considered. I'm a fan of always first-person myself, but it just seems like something that would have helped the game with a lot of other people.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
I wouldn't mind the ability to zoom out and in but yea you see your character in the inventory screen a lot. I like it well enough.

f1QMPYG.png

I don't like that it's 'three missions and you fuck this person' though. Not with River, not with Panam, probably gonna happen with Judy? Like...Panam came out of fucking nowhere. The game was really pushing it with the fireplace scene, too. Like...can't I take her on a few more missions first? Why not take her for a few spins around NC? Maybe put some more content in Biotechnica and the wastes and the shit to the north.

I like Panam. But by mission 3, or 4, the Basilisk, whatever, I just thought of her as a cool sister and then wham she's doing DNI sex with V.I mean she's not bad on the eyes (though her voice reminds me of someone close to me so...yea) You get the option to kiss River on the water tower and I'm like...why? I mean yea we saved his Nephew from a Pedo but...can't we just enjoy the night like this?

38HfueN.png

I'm no prude, far from it, but I would just like a bit more padding and paths. Do I always need to fuck Panam in the tank? Why can't I just take her shooting Wraiths like a little sister, if I want to? I don't want to get fucked by Batman at night overlooking the city, I wanna punch bad guys with him. Ya know what I mean? And then if you do want to fuck at a whim there's only two joytoys who are...blegh. The guy has terrible fashion sense, the woman...I already forgot.

Turjan

Arcane
And then if you do want to fuck at a whim there's only two joytoys who are...blegh. The guy has terrible fashion sense, the woman...I already forgot.
You get a few more options late in the game, but it's basically the same, just 30 times more expensive.

In the end, all of this stuff is just "there". But given you are looking at cutscenes that aren't even a minute long or at best around that mark, just take it as an inconsequential side aspect. Even the "relationships" don't really matter for the game. There's some influence on who you see in some of the ending scenes, and that's about it.

Yosharian

Arcane
And then if you do want to fuck at a whim there's only two joytoys who are...blegh. The guy has terrible fashion sense, the woman...I already forgot.
You get a few more options late in the game, but it's basically the same, just 30 times more expensive.

In the end, all of this stuff is just "there". But given you are looking at cutscenes that aren't even a minute long or at best around that mark, just take it as an inconsequential side aspect. Even the "relationships" don't really matter for the game. There's some influence on who you see in some of the ending scenes, and that's about it.
But the game is totally an open world RPG guys

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

But the game is totally an open world RPG guys

:deadhorse:

tritosine2k

Erudite
what's the point of customizing the appearance of a character you'll never be able to see?

What is the point of doing that in real life when you don't live in third person ?

Imho one of the best moments of c77 was at panam ending where after nearly 100 hours of my playtrough, character opens up lach and walks out in cinematic shot and you can finally see your character and that breath of air character takes in feels like stretching your legs after long way home for both V and player.

That scene would be much much much worse if you would play in third person non stop.

^^Elaborate , sure flies above the heads of Togukawa or Gerrard who have such hard time missing out on dat sweet GTA action and handling.

Gerrard

Arcane
Some people were surprised and couldn't believe that there are cucks at CDPR who would work there for free, but all you have to do is take a look at tritosine2k.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Some people were surprised and couldn't believe that there are cucks at CDPR who would work there for free, but all you have to do is take a look at tritosine2k.

Id just bet some GTA fans not just prefer to get handled by police abrasive ways but on the short term express need for JAIL DLC, for even more abrasive ways.

Codex Year of the Donut

I want to force the entire dev team to watch this video and record their reactions.

Yeah, watch their reactions about a PS2 graphics game where you don't have to create cutting edge assets and animations, quests, RPG mechanics and sound design. I'm sure they would be awestruck about that game.

reminder that you're defending a game that cost almost half a billion dollars to make and will likely end up being the costliest game ever created as of its release date

Yosharian

Arcane

I want to force the entire dev team to watch this video and record their reactions.

Yeah, watch their reactions about a PS2 graphics game where you don't have to create cutting edge assets and animations, quests, RPG mechanics and sound design. I'm sure they would be awestruck about that game.

reminder that you're defending a game that cost almost half a billion dollars to make and will likely end up being the costliest game ever created as of its release date

It's not just that, it's the fact that they fully hyped this up to be the second coming of Jesus, and then delivered something mediocre. They deserve to get slammed for that reason alone.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Imagine Bethesda releasing a trailer about Skyrim's bandits.

Trailers about specific npcs/enemies in general are such a cringy trend...
"Meet your party member John. *generic tough guy appears*
John is really tough and can tank lots of damage. *cheesy line and pose by John*
With John, you won't have to fear any foe. Vote John for president of the Unite-".

somewhatgiggly

Scholar

Imagine Bethesda releasing a trailer about Skyrim's bandits.

This would actually be impressive if you actually met the gangs worth a damn. They're just there to be a enemy, something to mow down or mow you down. You might get a introduction and a little scene in one of their HQs but then it's just mowing them down.

I'm Latino, I 'like' the Valentinos, but they don't do shit. Honor means something to them? Bullshit. They mow down civilians just like anyone else and the NCPD sics you on them like everyone else. They don't do anything special, they don't stuff balls in the mouths of decapitated heads like any other cartel, or give a damn about Santa Muerte other than decals on their shit.

There might be a DLC that expands on the gangs to be more than just the 'orcs and goblins' of the game. Hopefully. Though I haven't mowed down any Moxies, they don't seem to be an enemy. Wraiths and Maelstorm seem alike, 6th street and some military gang are just a bit beefy. Tygers and Valentinos are a joke by mid-late game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom