Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suzerain - political simulator & RPG hybrid by Torpor Games - now with Kingdom of Rizia DLC

Gastrick

Cipher
>Be good boy president Rayne
>promised focus on education
>spend first two years doing exactly that while spreading myself thin towards economy growth
>been mostly leaning left
>tried to treat family right including son
>son failed hard at college
>fuck it I'm rich, send him to an abroad university
>liberal newspaper's headline: "PRESIDENT RAYNE SENT HIS DIMWIT SON AWAY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TRUST SORDLAND EDUCATION"

So a question for people who completed the game as authoritarian Rayne, can you demand execution for journalists? Because I have an urge to replay the game now.
That's bad karma coming back at you for taking away freedom and for being socially left-wing.

Vatnik Wumao
That's bad karma coming back at you for taking away freedom and for being socially left-wing.
It's bad karma for not going leftwing enough. :smug:
cFhfRoK.jpg

RFrI2su.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL fucking cucks,i send the little fag in to the army,i could always make meself more. It is shame that i couldn't destroy me wife and keep me daughter. The game is really hamfisted most of the time and lacks any player agency.

The Jester

Cipher
This game have so much fucking text, do I need to read the Wikipedia built in game to understand what I'm doing?

Mark Richard

Arcane
So a question for people who completed the game as authoritarian Rayne, can you demand execution for journalists? Because I have an urge to replay the game now.
Some journalists are arrested for their connections to the Young Sords or Red Youth if you choose to ban those organizations, undoubtably given lengthy Judge Dredd sentences in Antel Rock Prison. Also banning media harmful to the state results in The Radical's closure. Or... it's supposed to. In my version of the game they announced the closure and then kept on releasing headlines as if nothing had happened.
This game have so much fucking text, do I need to read the Wikipedia built in game to understand what I'm doing?
Should be able to get by without them, but given the large number of characters it might help to get your bearings once in a while.

cruelio

Augur
Second run I played a corrupt capitalist and was played by the old guard like a fiddle and ended up in jail. Third run I played a communist and centralized power in the presidency and purged the old guard. Finally won a second term, even though the game got ominous for exactly one second when somehow it leaked that I'd made a corrupt bargain to push reforms through the legislature. No follow up on that and I won anyway. Despite the fact that what happens in the last third of the game isn't as fleshed out as the rest with other dangling threads like that, I still think this is an amazing little VN.

Having gone down left and right, I do have to say it seems really easy to fix the economy no matter what you do so long as you remain consistent to one approach. I think you'd have to actively refuse to do anything at all to not fully recover. Like, somehow fail to enact any trade agreements and refuse to enact all internal investment. I might do another run like that just to see if it's possible to be a total disaster.

vota DC

Augur
Valgsland 140000 = strong
Agnolia 200000 = weak

Why isn't fixed yet? The dialogue it is weird.....I know that Valgsland main strenght is navy but has X5 population of Agnolia, also Lespia that has slighty more population than Valgsland.
They dialogue must be wrong, also Rumburg is even landlocked so Valgsland navy wouldn't help!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Valgsland 140000 = strong
Agnolia 200000 = weak

Why isn't fixed yet? The dialogue it is weird.....I know that Valgsland main strenght is navy but has X5 population of Agnolia, also Lespia that has slighty more population than Valgsland.
They dialogue must be wrong, also Rumburg is even landlocked so Valgsland navy wouldn't help!
Not true,rumburg has a navy that is also bigger than yours. It is amazingly retarded design to play a country that is a military dictatorship while having the smallest and worst equipped army of them all. Geee the more i read/think about the game the more i dislike it.

vota DC

Augur
They don't even mention Rumburg or Wehlen navy, both must be landlocked. Lespia has a smaller navy despite being richer so at least Sordland isn't weakest in everything.
Also land army seems smaller only than Rumburg and Lespia but bigger than Agnolia, Wehlen and Valgsland....but smaller countries except Wehlen seems more modernized and Agnolia has more troops/population ratio than Sordland despite being very democratic. Lorewise Sordland is so poor that can't even afford a huge army with peashooter because can't afford wages while Rumburg has gold mines and can field huge army with outdated equipment.

Vatnik Wumao
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1207650/announcements/detail/2923366026549768516
aec104313e804dc7046193f2bbf76b5b087de265.jpg

Warm greetings to all of you! We had an amazing launch and post-launch period during December with an outpouring of support from all of our players. The Torpor Games team is ecstatic. Our dreams have pretty much come true. Let’s talk about what we have accomplished and where we are headed from here.

As of the time of writing this post we have reached 900 reviews on Steam! Furthermore, we landed in the top 20 releases of December 2020, a massive achievement for our young studio. It was also a great honour to have been reviewed by sites like Screenrant[screenrant.com] (4 out of 5), Softpedia[www.softpedia.com] (85 out of 100), Gaming Trend[gamingtrend.com] (85 out of 100) and praised by sites like Rock Paper Shotgun, The Escapist, and even the German Public Radio[ondemand-mp3.dradio.de] for an entire four minutes!

Also many thanks to the Templin Institute for awarding us best game!

d78c5cab12282e79151fae16d80d6f5bf783e7b1.jpg

Our team closely monitored and supported the launch. The efforts were focused on three aspects: analysing the stability and assessing the bugs, applying fixes and improvements to make sure most, if not all players have a smooth experience, and supporting the marketing campaign to reach as many people who could enjoy a niche game like Suzerain.

In a period of 21 days, we have pushed five hotfixes and one minor content patch to make sure the game was sitting on a strong foundation. Our team read all of the feedback and this helped greatly to help us identify issues and fact check the issues. The team also found some time to rest over December to shed off the weight of the intense pre-launch period.

We can’t thank the players who posted detailed bug reports with save games on Discord enough. Currently, we are collecting finished game saves on our Discord server[discord.gg] and we would appreciate it if you would post your game saves so we can improve our balancing for the next patch!

Let's talk about the near future. We have finished design and most of the planning around the 1.1 content patch internally named "Rayne Train." This patch will be divided into three core elements: features, new content, bug fixes. Some of the feedback we received noted the lack of a summary at the end of the game which we decided to address.

f5071b4d29cf47d01fa74800af24970e25b49bb9.jpg

Here is a screenshot showing a part of the summary screen. The political compass which is based on the background political leaning system in Suzerain. Please bear in mind this is only a concept and is not final. We are also pushing for another feature that is more focused on a visual addition. We don’t commit to anything before it makes it past the testing phase which these haven’t yet entered. Our studio always sticks by the under-promise and over-deliver approach.

There are some other areas we want to address and add new content to the game in different ways to improve the experience. Our main focus will be on the election and our secondary focus will on some of the endings that need further design reinforcements. At the same time we want to address the lower priority bugs such as database errors, typos and unintended balancing problems.

As one can imagine this patch will take some time and we will only commit to a release date and the full content list once we have tested our candidate and are happy with the results. Many thanks to all of you out there who have supported us with a purchase, dropped a review, shared the game around the internet, and even expanded the lore.

A Morgna her coren!

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1207650/view/3021321855164735717
January Broadcast

40649f6ff06014f1a84c4be6ec5dc2f04ed559cb.jpg

Welcome back to another Suzerain broadcast and get ready for this is a juicy one!

January saw the implementation and the beginning of the first testing runs of our major 1.1 content patch. We are doing some final testing, bugfixing and balancing runs on the build to ensure that the player experience is the best it can be.

Special thank you to our volunteer community testers for helping us out! The support really warms our hearts. Let’s get to what we have in store for you.

Features

End Game Summary Screen
Based on the feedback we received, we decided to update the conclusion in a more visual way, outside of the Epilogue. We’ve built a summary screen, featuring three sections that display how your Anton government and the results of your choices. It displays data about the first term and displays interesting details. Images speak louder than words so here you go!

17247d51576714953ad1152541d638818f639adb.png

We hope that this gives a better overview of what you achieved or not. We also made the decision to focus the compass to the in-lore version of ideologies and use the spectrum to display Sordland’s political compass only and how these other characters are positioned in it. This addition should strengthen the ending and we hope you share your results with everyone!

Anton Customisation
ccf42ebfb987ced3a7791a0711045fa276f4ccbb.jpg

After playing Suzerain for more hours than you can imagine, the portrait of Anton at the bottom left corner began to stare deep into our soul. So, we’ve decided to give everyone the option to change it up, and have built an Anton customization system. You can change his hairstyle, facial hair, accessories and background image.

We felt that adding character customisation gave another roleplaying element for you all to enjoy. Here are some images to show you potential variation! Special thanks to İpek Ünal, our talented character artist for creating these assets.

cc0414693c617668781dceb6be7b3eef1b89d559.jpg

[SPOILERS AHEAD]
New Content

The Election
We added a brand new election debate at turn 10 to strengthen the election ending. This scene also introduces Denis Stahler of the Communist Party as a character, who can be a potential rival for the election debate. Denis also gets a brand new portrait!

149b8c137d4c243b88b09f80948cdea645b00357.png

A new election calculation with more detailed voter groups has been added, Early polling have also been included at the political overview scene to show how your election prospects are. These additions come with some new newspapers and reports as well!

4e8acbe84e05891e50df2beb8c0c8c6be66dbaba.jpg

The War
The war plans scene has been expanded with new choices. We’ve also added new win and lose calculations for the war, which are affected by several of these choices in the scene and the ones the player has previously made that could relate to the war.

Several minor additions and changes were added to the war win and lose scenes as well. A dozen or more reports made their way into turn 10 to give a more accurate indication of how the war is going to players.

68717e545a47dc2e1f1815147e81f31e85af267f.jpg

New music design and new tracks!
Our sound designer / composer James Spence has made changes to improve the music implementation and make the audioscape more dynamic. We’ve also added two brand new tracks to improve the audio experience. These will also be released for free to OST owners along with the hidden suspense track.

Here is a teaser from the new Diplomacy track!

42 new Steam achievements!
Yes you heard it right. Suzerain now will have a total of 86 achievements. The new achievements are public for testing runs, but you won’t be able to unlock them until the patch update. Whatever you do, don't try to kill Orso please.

2588e1bd51806e85af5f1ea426100b0a1112a761.png

Improvements and Bug Fixes
Bug fixes:
  • We fixed a couple of remaining broken links that were super rare but would have stopped player progression nonetheless
  • Economy balancing was improved and is more in sync with the narrative
  • Fixed issue that caused people with a good economy to fall to depression instead of stagnation due to high debt
  • Fixed wrong impeachment variable for owning Sordland Today being mistaken with having a media deal with Marcel Koronti
  • Made Assembly impeachment very very difficult
  • Wrong conditions for trialling Tusk after he had fled the country were corrected
  • Fixed misleading public opinion and war reports
  • Fixed halfway cut gavel tapping sounds for Epilogue
  • Fixed escape to menu crash during Epilogue to Credits transition
  • Other wrong database implementations on several news and reports were mended
  • And many many more that will be included in the official patch log on release

Improvements:
  • Added more details to "convince Gloria" scene
  • Corrected several conditions and improved flow for "convince Albin" scene
  • Added nuance explaining the women's rights situation better
  • Small content addition to Monica
  • The assembly vote is slightly more difficult - this was intended to be hard
  • The economic recovery should be slightly more difficult now
  • General proofreading and editing on a dozen scenes
  • Closed some small narrative gaps like congress cancellation during future war
  • Gave limited vetoes new content
  • Added ACP and SSP codex entries and logos
  • Fixed several typos and improved English consistency
  • Dozens of more minor additions and improvements
So what are the next steps from here?

The second testing run this weekend will solidify our confidence in the build and allow us to make the final polishing. Once we are happy with where we are we will announce the release date to the public. Stay tuned!

vota DC

Augur
How is new patch?
Did they fixed some fixed things? For example Kesaro was always angry when you do reform even if your reform is just power grabbing while Mansour is always happy even if you use reform for power grabbing and killing bluds. Also Soll is always angry and you should ignore him even if you go with sollist path since you need to not ban Red Youth (pissing Valgsland) because Soll path means no alliance with Lespia and even Agnolia.

Also I read in theirs steam forum that you can win the war alone. Maybe they introduced multiple budget funding? After all if you privatise school and health you get +1 funds each and you don't need to put them in those fields unless you want to overdo them since you get a free upgrade for them anyway.

zool

Arcane
After my first playthrough as a Centrist (and a re-run) where I ended up both time
being curbstomped by Rumburg

I just finished my third playthrough as a dirty, corrupted, alcoholic, party-goer, womanizer ultra-liberal oligarch. Probably the funniest playthrough of all three as getting bribed (and bribing others) never gets old and it feels good to pick some of the wilder dialogue choices - Serge makes for a good doormat while I'm sure some men will appreciate the cathartic effect of using some of the dialog choices with your wife. :lol:

Unfortunately, I stupidly decided to send my dimwited son to Harvard and the tuition cost meant I was short on money right at the moment where I needed it the most, that is when I had to bribe Hieron Garci to have my constitutional reform pass the Supreme Court - the bill included making the president unimpeachable and a member of honor of the assembly after the end of his term. As a result, the reform didn't pass and I got impeached and sent to prison by the Old Guard right before the election, which I was in a good position to win with polls at 35%. Just one little mistake with catastrophic consequences down the road. I'll do a rerun one day to get this one right.

Next playthrough will be as a hardline Sollist nationalist but I'll wait for the next patch since the developper seem to be keen on adding new content with their patches (the new ending screen in v1.1 is a cool addition).

With three playthroughs completed, I can now appreciate how much the C&C is real in this game. The dialogue is very reactive too and you'll often find small references and side comments by characters on decisions you took much earlier on in the game. That's a nice touch.

This game is a little gem, I think we finally found a worthy sucessor to Hidden Agenda in the political sim arena.

vota DC

Augur
I have still trouble with Emergency route.

I have tighten immigration (was part of the electoral promise).
I have banned both Red Youth and the bludish party. I am embargoed Rumburg, Arcasia and United Cortana.
Garaci said that I made a deal with Oligarchs....technically I just lowered the taxes for boost the economy since I have already a planned economy so I can increase budget with nationalisations, I haven't even accepted Tusk's bribe and I refused to talk with Koronti. Anyway Garaci asked to nationalise both the big companies and it was his only request. I did and both Tusk and Koronti are in jail.
Soll in the washroom scene was very happy, he said that I made all the right steps (sometimes he comment if you don't ban Red Youth).

Then the Court decided to lick Ritcher's ass and sentence that the emergency decree is invalid. I don't get it.....if Soll is pleased what it the problem with them?
What trigger Old Guard betrayal?

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I knew I should eliminate impeachment entirely. Traitorous cowards, the lot of them. So much fuss over a few ethnic purges. Can't they see the economy is flourishing?

vota DC

Augur
Any cheater tried to have both highway and railroad and to finance army, navy and air force at the same time with savegame editing?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You cannot imagine my disappointment when i realized my wife was a rabid feminist. I married her for her looks and she's a housewife so I don't understand when and how she got brainwashed. And then of course, I visit a school and there's a little girl there going all "I'm smarter then all of the boys but they get to learn science while i learn knitting". This country is going to hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom