Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloody Spell - action RPG from China - now available on Early Access

cruel

Cipher

I know that the title doesn't bring hope, but let's try.

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/992300/_Bloody_Spell/

Random gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9DBLPufGc

Longer gameplay with a fashionable outfit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPX10QtTWY4

The game looks like something between DmC and Nioh, made on a budget (5 people are developing the game for 2 years now). It's early access right now and 60% off, but getting surprising popularity (almost 6K reviews). Combat seems good, but much more fast paced than Nioh or Souls.

Also, there are waifus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falksi

Arcane
I was gonna make some menstruation based Coronavirus comment, but the game looks fucking awesome.

deama

Prophet
I played this several months ago and quite liked it. Biggest problem though was that it was too linear at the time, it needed more branching paths.

k0syak

Cipher
Played it a few weeks back, it's obviously not complete yet, but what is there is pretty legit.
Also, titty physics
2.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Surprisingly decent action RPG, very stable and fun even in the current Early Access state (doesn't crash nor has a single major technical issue - something most releases lack nowadays!).

The gameplay is pure fun, combat is smooth and enjoyable. Different melee weapon styles to choose from and some additional skills/spells assisting in fights. No distance weapons, but skills are mostly useful and unlocking weapon combos make fights more interesting, while the game keeps ramping up the difficulty, forcing the player to use them and becomes more and more challenging, but doesn't overdo it and does not become punishing. There are multiple difficulty levels to choose as well.

On a downside, it's very linear and there is no skill-tree. You just get gems that unlock particular skills, and get everything in the end. Same with raising weapon skills. You can max them all in one playthrough.

Story is derp, just a pretext for a slasher. However, at this time English translation is far from finished. Currently, it's a mix of English and Chinese. If you want to play in Chinese know that they used a hand-written-like font, which is not as legible for non-natives. That said, it's not a game where you need to read much or understand the story, might as well skip all cutscenes and enjoy the gameplay.

It's on a good sale now (-65%), definitely worth getting!

Jinn

Arcane
So is the campaign proper finished with this one, or do you end it at some weird point that is clearly not the intended end?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i got the game. what's up with the DLC higher priced than the game lol? !
DLCs are just different clothes for girls. Ignore them. It's basically a way just to throw more money for support for developers and get something in return.

So is the campaign proper finished with this one, or do you end it at some weird point that is clearly not the intended end?
The game ends once you fight two knights right before a pagoda, and the pagoda seems like the final level, but I'm not sure, maybe it will be longer. At the moment it's about 10h long on medium. However, there are more game modes than campaign and multiplayer. So far I only played one multiplayer match (defending sis) and it was fun. However, gotta play more to have opinion about it.

Jinn

Arcane
Been waiting quite awhile to buy this, but since it sounds like they are well on their way to implementing the remainder of the content, I suppose grabbing it during this nice sale is the best option.

Thanks for the information, Konjad! I'll probably wait until it finally exits Early Access before I play it, but it's very nice to get it at such a low price.

deama

Prophet
i got the game. what's up with the DLC higher priced than the game lol? !
DLCs are just different clothes for girls. Ignore them. It's basically a way just to throw more money for support for developers and get something in return.

The game ends once you fight two knights right before a pagoda, and the pagoda seems like the final level, but I'm not sure, maybe it will be longer. At the moment it's about 10h long on medium. However, there are more game modes than campaign and multiplayer. So far I only played one multiplayer match (defending sis) and it was fun. However, gotta play more to have opinion about it.
Does the game have multiplayer coop for the main campaign?

k0syak

Cipher
Have they actually updated it though? When I played, it ended with you meeting a minecraftey looking character that told you that they ran out of cash.

Konjad

Patron
Played some more yesterday (after finishing campaign) and tbh I like the non-campaign game modes even more. Hell mode is a damn good challenge, but requires some time investment, so I'll probably leave it off until weekend. Also tried multiplayer match again and it was great fun. So far played only protecting sis, but this game mode seems to have limited replayability. Hopefully other are better.

The problem with mp is that there are only Chinese servers, so there is a lag, but it seems fighting in fortunately on the client's side, so it's not a big deal. PvP isn't gonna work with such lag, but I think it's not even implemented.

Also, I believe that except me all other players online are Chinese. Though the fact that mp is not translated might be the reason :lol:

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Anybody interested in playing multiplayer together? All people playing online are Chinese and asleep by the time I come back from work, need somebody from Yurop.

Cat Dude

Savant
All I have seen chinese only made action rpg so far. I think chinese don't have brain capacity to make turn based rpg.

Konjad

Patron
Skins from DLCs are actually unlockable from within the game, so you don't even need to pay for them if you want to use them. That's quite nice.
C2C53C514E3F5537853C6512DBEB46435F77192C

Konjad

Patron
New update coming soon.
We will carry out a major version update on January 22, 2021
6e3c601812baa21ab219196623f61fe88a13e6ad.png

2021年1月22日大更新预告(我们正在冲刺测试中,希望到时候大家喜欢)
新增内容:
d246e9353cfd76f2e310c6b3855a5a954f240837.gif

女祭司模型重置2.0版

10a5b930205a1b034ffacbc508b1fb7aa98f99c2.jpg

其他模式-大肉搏(可单机)

ab406239abed9654aecdb27daf1900e7dcb617bf.jpg

大肉搏场景渲染升级测试

dd780cef4bb05167e83af98fa9bc4c53a1993215.jpg

大肉搏场景昼夜系统测试

956b03a34c572e867267f55e841f21d80b8d5300.jpg

大肉搏场景天气系统测试

新皮肤 女神蕾丝裙(敬请期待)

修改内容:
修复嗜血狂魔抱你被打断时,你仍然浮空的bug
调整闪避爆发力
修复狭小空间卡视角操作失灵的bug
主界面音乐音量与设置关联
点新游戏时不会删除任何装备与资源了
优化双持和拳套的闪反
修复部分装备布料穿模问题
提高手柄灵敏度上限
优化锁定敌人的逻辑

The big update notice on January 22, 2021 (we are in the sprint test, hope you will like it by then)
New content:
Priestess model reset version 2.0
Other modes-hand-to-hand combat (stand-alone)
Big melee level scene rendering upgrade test
Day and night system test in big melee level scene
Great melee level scene weather system test
New skin goddess lace dress (coming soon)

Modified content:
Fix the bug that you are still floating when the bloodthirsty demon is interrupted by holding you
Adjust dodge explosive power
Fix the bug that the viewing angle of the card in a small space is not operating properly
The main interface music volume is associated with settings
No equipment and resources will be deleted when you click a new game
Optimize the flashback of dual wielding and gloves
Fix the problem of cloth wear on some equipment
Increase the upper limit of handle sensitivity
Optimize the logic of targeting enemies

Konjad

Patron
Update2021-2-11
b8bd2732b83a03d0c4e508452fdfb19b6be79145.png

新增内容:
新增视角调远调近功能(鼠标滚轮或手柄RT+右摇杆)
新增装备整理排序功能
新增垂直同步选项
春节送好礼,李叔送给每人一件红色女神旗袍
优化女祭司红、粉、蓝的特殊效果

修复内容:
调整动态模糊效果
修复在踢馆模式中通关会触发通关困难难度成就的bug
修复大肉搏模式中的文本错误
修复试炼场模式中死亡后卡住的bug
修复女装魔石不起作用的bug
修复大肉搏模式中使用修改器触发终极技从而卡住的bug

New content:
Added the function of adjusting the viewing angle far and near (mouse wheel or handle RT+right joystick)
Added equipment sorting function
Added vertical sync option
Gifts for the Spring Festival, Uncle Li gave everyone a red goddess cheongsam
Optimize the special effects of red, pink and blue priestesses

Repair content:
Adjust the motion blur effect
Fixed a bug where clearing the game in the kicking mode would trigger the difficulty achievement
Fix text errors in melee mode
Fix the bug that stuck after death in the trial field mode
Fix the bug that the female magic stone does not work
Fixed the bug that used the modifier to trigger the ultimate skill in the melee mode and got stuck

Konjad

Patron
when this out of EA?
Apparently, at the end of this year:

NEWS
POSTED
Sat, February 13
昨天 今天 明天
‘BloodySpell’ year-end summary and future outlook
30ca13b71d09204ca02ee9964ef0324fba0fd132.jpg

f470563ad2359e3f38b5074c6c2832ea34815c12.jpg

56947f29c809c2e532e2e8aa5b8ef224cf38ff0b.jpg

Hi,

I am Uncle Li, the producer of'BloodySpell'. Today is the Chinese New Year. I wish you all good health and the best in the new year! Then I will report to you the development situation and follow-up plans of the game since it went online.

‘BloodySpell’ is currently being developed smoothly. There are currently 3 team members, and the Early Access version has been trusted and supported by many players. We thank you again.

Up to now,'BloodySpell' has undergone 5 major updates and dozens of minor updates. Because of your suggestions and comments on each update of the game, the game will continue to improve.

Let us review the important updates since the launch of'BloodySpell':
2019-2-2 Increase blood palace mode challenge, etc.
2019-5-18 Added new weapon types, gloves, etc.
2019-6-10 Add hell mode and women's clothing system, etc.
2019-9-30 Add new levels of the main line: Guardian and Jinghua Shuiyue two levels, etc.
2019-10-4 Added creative workshops, kicking hall mode, etc.
2019-12-31 Added multiplayer mode online, pve map
2020-3-22 Add multiplayer mode online, pvp map
2020-6-15 Add new levels of the main line: the disaster of the door, add new weapon types, dual wielding, etc.
2020-8-28 Add new levels of the main line: the decisive battle of Jinling City, etc.
2020-10-23 Improve the hit feel, hand feel, hit sound effects, optimize the map repetition problem, add 3D main interface, etc.
2021-1-22 Increase the melee mode, reset the priestess model.

With only a team of 3 people and self-developed and self-developed, I am proud to update these contents as a 3D action game. In order to thank the players for their support, we will add some long-awaited new features during this Spring Festival and give you a goddess cheongsam. I hope you will like it.

Finally, we look forward to the future update plan:
We hope to update the tenth chapter of the main line in Q2 2021, and the first generation of'BloodySpell' will reach a climax here. Two new multiplayer maps will be updated during Q3 and Q4 in 2021: pve online blood palace, pvp multiplayer melee. A roguelike map of other modes. When the overall completion of the game is satisfactory, we will end the'BloodySpell' pre-emptive experience, no regrets! (All players who purchase the Early-Fashion Experience version can update to the official version for free)

Cheers,
Uncle Li

Roguelike multiplayer game mode sounds interesting.

Konjad

Patron
There were some updates recently

昨天 今天 明天
‘BloodySpell’ year-end summary and future outlook
30ca13b71d09204ca02ee9964ef0324fba0fd132.jpg

f470563ad2359e3f38b5074c6c2832ea34815c12.jpg

56947f29c809c2e532e2e8aa5b8ef224cf38ff0b.jpg

Hi,

I am Uncle Li, the producer of'BloodySpell'. Today is the Chinese New Year. I wish you all good health and the best in the new year! Then I will report to you the development situation and follow-up plans of the game since it went online.

‘BloodySpell’ is currently being developed smoothly. There are currently 3 team members, and the Early Access version has been trusted and supported by many players. We thank you again.

Up to now,'BloodySpell' has undergone 5 major updates and dozens of minor updates. Because of your suggestions and comments on each update of the game, the game will continue to improve.

Let us review the important updates since the launch of'BloodySpell':
2019-2-2 Increase blood palace mode challenge, etc.
2019-5-18 Added new weapon types, gloves, etc.
2019-6-10 Add hell mode and women's clothing system, etc.
2019-9-30 Add new levels of the main line: Guardian and Jinghua Shuiyue two levels, etc.
2019-10-4 Added creative workshops, kicking hall mode, etc.
2019-12-31 Added multiplayer mode online, pve map
2020-3-22 Add multiplayer mode online, pvp map
2020-6-15 Add new levels of the main line: the disaster of the door, add new weapon types, dual wielding, etc.
2020-8-28 Add new levels of the main line: the decisive battle of Jinling City, etc.
2020-10-23 Improve the hit feel, hand feel, hit sound effects, optimize the map repetition problem, add 3D main interface, etc.
2021-1-22 Increase the melee mode, reset the priestess model.

With only a team of 3 people and self-developed and self-developed, I am proud to update these contents as a 3D action game. In order to thank the players for their support, we will add some long-awaited new features during this Spring Festival and give you a goddess cheongsam. I hope you will like it.

Finally, we look forward to the future update plan:
We hope to update the tenth chapter of the main line in Q2 2021, and the first generation of'BloodySpell' will reach a climax here. Two new multiplayer maps will be updated during Q3 and Q4 in 2021: pve online blood palace, pvp multiplayer melee. A roguelike map of other modes. When the overall completion of the game is satisfactory, we will end the'BloodySpell' pre-emptive experience, no regrets! (All players who purchase the Early-Fashion Experience version can update to the official version for free)

Cheers,
Uncle Li

Update 2021-3-4
更新内容:
1、帧数上限从60帧提升至120帧
2、修复使用皮肤后拳套武器穿模的bug
3、当敌人霸体状态时,打击他的打击感提升
4、修复装备界面显示错误,初始化时显示男子和一堆武器的bug
5、增加金陵双持戟(银色),之前的默认改为金
6、修复UI菜单关闭不了的bug
7、修复多人模式里队友穿女神旗袍不显示其他颜色的bug
8、修复女神旗袍按特殊按键不复原破损的bug
9、修复主线上河村场景独木桥右边可爬山出地图的bug
10、修复女祭司脚踝结构错误
11、修复金陵城将军精英怪巡逻时,玩家贴近身后发现不了的bug
12、修复多人模式守护小鲤地图能踩着缸,在踩商店,跳墙上出地图的bug
13、女装和小鲤皮肤变白
14、检查服务器存档是否比本地存档新,如果新那就会主动询问玩家是否下载最新存档

update content:
1. The upper limit of the number of frames has been increased from 60 to 120
2. Fix the bug that the glove weapon wears the mold after using the skin
3. When the enemy is in the domineering state, the sense of strike against him increases
4. Fix the display error of the equipment interface, the bug that the man and a bunch of weapons are displayed during initialization
5. Added Jinling dual wielding halberd (silver), the previous default was changed to gold
6. Fix the bug that the UI menu cannot be closed
7. Fix the bug that teammates wearing goddess cheongsam in multiplayer mode does not display other colors
8. Fix the bug that the goddess cheongsam does not restore the damaged by pressing the special button
9. Fix the bug that the right side of the single-plank bridge in the river village scene on the main line can climb the mountain out of the map
10. Fix the error of the ankle structure of the priestess
11.Fixed a bug that players could not find when the Jinling City General Elite Monsters patrolled when they were close to behind
12. Fix the bug that the guardian carp map in multiplayer mode can step on the tank, step on the store, and jump out of the wall to show the map.
13. Women's clothing and small carp skin turns white
14. Check whether the server archive is newer than the local archive. If it is new, it will actively ask the player whether to download the latest archive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom