Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gyor

Savant
Is it me or is Owlcats version of the Mythic Path System way better then the original version Pathfinder Mythic Path System, Piazo should put it in a book with out Owlcat innovovations and publish it for 1e Pathfinder. It would sell very well.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is it me or is Owlcats version of the Mythic Path System way better then the original version Pathfinder Mythic Path System, Piazo should put it in a book with out Owlcat innovovations and publish it for 1e Pathfinder. It would sell very well.
paizo is known for publishing shitty 3.5e supplements, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time with pathfinder. 2E has largely been a flop, 1E has been abandoned.
pathfinder might as well be dead at this point.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
There'll likely be a crowdfunding campaign selling a 2E upgrade, companion booklet, fixed mythics assorted other shite like they did for Kingmaker.

DemonKing

Arcane
what's wrong, getting coldfeet about clownworld?

No I just yearn for the times when CRPG party members were a bunch of stats with maybe some fun VO rather than having the default position of being willing to open any orifice to anyone.
Starting to sound a bit conservative there, might want to go dilate to help you get over it.

I know, I know...not being openly bisexual is so last millennium of me.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Daeran confirmed Bi?

His character model is in fact manly and handsome and the character can be considered an amalgamation of Bolkonsky and Dolokhov, which would place the action in Russia circa 1812 which had sure enough been weakened by womanish rule to the point that an army of Demons/French had marched right in and taken over Moscow itself and complete with flames and everything.

Will our plucky band make it to Paris by 1815? Keep an eye out for a certain Corsican Abrikandilu.

Last edited:

cruelio

Savant
Got backer email today listing their companions with images and their romance preferences:

1 x Straight male (albeit he looks like a half breed demon freak).
1 x (hot) Straight female.
1 x Gay male.
4 x Bisexuals of both genders.

In real world c.90% of the population is straight. In fantasy land straights are a minority...
Really weird in a fantasy world where people can be literally anything where your party members are all crazy people who are willing to risk their lives to go on violent adventures that they're not representative of the entire population of planet earth. Hey no one break it to this guy that magic and gods and demons and elves and shit aren't realistic either, he wouldn't be able to take it.

Desiderius

Patron
Y’all being played so bad by the Poz it’s excruciatingly. Completely ignorant/defenseless.

Codex Year of the Donut
Y’all being played so bad by the Poz it’s excruciatingly. Completely ignorant/defenseless.
the BASED and REDPILLED russians did it so they need to find a way to explain how it's actually great

kind of sad when the liberal guy is the one pointing out the clownworldia now

cruelio

Savant
I can imagine a world where any apprentice can cast over and over again all day level 0 cantrips that violates all the known laws that govern the natural world, but I can't imagine one where there's more gay than straight people in a sample size of about 5 people.

I mean, gay dudes? In some sort of martial organization? Can you imagine? And they want to fuck their leader?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-15282A,_Ernst_Röhm.jpg
bevFP5m

Desiderius

Patron
Nothing sad about it. It’s always left to us eventually. Good salt of the earth conservative hobbits get set in their ways, even when the ways are shit.

Codex Year of the Donut
I can imagine a world where any apprentice can cast over and over again all day level 0 cantrips that violates all the known laws that govern the natural world, but I can't imagine one where there's more gay than straight people in a sample size of about 5 people.

I mean, gay dudes? In some sort of martial organization? Can you imagine? And they want to fuck their leader?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-15282A,_Ernst_Röhm.jpg
bevFP5m
cantrips don't make me want to vomit

Desiderius

Patron

bevFP5m

Why would anyone want to role play as that fat fuck? Thanks for making our point, Einstein. The Potter/Hitler dimwits strike (themselves) again.

You’re supposed to cite the Sacred Band of Thebes at this point, not Roehm. Better study your cult literature a little harder.

cruelio

Savant

bevFP5m

Why would anyone want to role play as that fat fuck? Thanks for making our point, Einstein. The Potter/Hitler dimwits strike (themselves) again.
I would figure you would be desperate to roleplay as anything smart enough to do basic math, but you do you.

cruelio

Savant

bevFP5m
cantrips don't make me want to vomit
Just close your eyes you triggered little snowflake they aren't even real lol just make custom npcs if you can't even read words on a screen so bad lol

Desiderius

Patron
Finally figured out how I wanted to attack it/got my bearings (thanks to new compass)/found the well-hidden path. Jesus, raid on Drezen among all-time greats.

Desiderius

Patron
Hellknights on the Wall!
HKMissionMap.jpg

This is what the map looks like after you accomplish your mission. You get a safe place to sell your loot and rest in the second ring that you can get to from places you've already cleared. The star at the top left is the exit from the Temple where we left off last time. The arrow where we started (the Graveyard).

There's an easy to miss way to climb up on the wall from the back to start taking down Giants close to there. I indeed missed it my three previous times here and ended up just wandering around aimlessly killing shit. If you do that your followers you pick up along the way will be toast. Much more fun and satisfying trying to protect them by figuring out ways around the big packs of demons.

Wall Positioning.jpg

Here we're just climbing up onto the wall and the pathing is a nightmare. Thankfully there's a little side platform for ranged characters to park - you can see them on their way. Meanwhile Sosiel uses his Swift Charm at a distance to totally hose the enemy ranks. This ability is from Charm Domain, Shelyn Deity. If only Val weren't so full of herself she could have been doing this too.

AshGiantDown Lann9 big crit.jpg

This is how that fight ended up with Lann on that platform just destroying the Ash Giant manning the catapult.

Gatehouse.jpg

That door leads to this Gatehouse where you let your army in below and get a nice chunk of EXP for your trouble.

HKMissionAccomplished.jpg

When you finish off the last Giant you get another chunk of EXP, a cutscene, and the camp with the Queen, Vendor, and rest area moves into the second ring. Once I figured out I wanted to I was able to keep my remaining Hellknights alive pretty easily and even picked up a couple Crusaders as well.

HKAllies.jpg

Here's what they can do with a little help from the team. Notice that Shadow Demon about to get a Phantasmal Web off.

Shadow Demon.jpg

Beginning of that fight. He was stealthed and popped up out of nowhere behind us while we were looting.

Parkour.jpg

Back up on the wall time for some Parkour to get to some hard to reach chests.

MonkeyLann.jpg

After we made it back to camp made sure to get Lann a little help with his Mobility duties.

Rooftop Perception.jpg

Moving around on rooftops avoids the Demons below.

RooftopAgileFist.jpg
First Amulet of Agile Fists. When I put Nenio is melee next game will definitely come in handy to help her bite connect and bypass DR.

Headed to Tavern and Barracks for bosses and loot after we secure the first ring.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Small groups of non-straights are very, very common irl because similar people seek each other out. This is not clownworldia, this is unbelievably common. In such groups, the straights are outsiders.

Thonius

Arcane
Got backer email today listing their companions with images and their romance preferences:

1 x Straight male (albeit he looks like a half breed demon freak).
1 x (hot) Straight female.
1 x Gay male.
4 x Bisexuals of both genders.

In real world c.90% of the population is straight. In fantasy land straights are a minority...
It's not Bisexuals it's Playersexuals.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I'm killing off all the companions and hiring a custom party when I play this.
I might leave the purple gnome alive.

Yosharian

Arcane
Small groups of non-straights are very, very common irl because similar people seek each other out. This is not clownworldia, this is unbelievably common. In such groups, the straights are outsiders.
How common is a bisexual Queen who will openly marry a person of her gender?

Let's just ditch the theatrics and admit that the culture of Golarion is nothing like the historical one of our world.

Paizo wants to make a magical fantasy world where LGBTQ+ are really common, accepted for what they are and there's zero discrimination, that's fine, but don't start with the mental gymnastics trying to act like it's in any way an analogue to the world we live in, let alone how things used to be 500 years ago.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How common is a bisexual Queen who will openly marry a person of her gender?
But we aren't talking about that. The "problem" was that the majority of our companions are bi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom