Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Didn't say they were David Cage-styled QTEs. It's a QTE whenever you are melee attacked by a mutant and iirc sometimes for interacting with the environment. All the drawn-out unskippable cutscenes made it unenjoyable enough to play on their own.
I am not going to argue since I don't enjoy this type of design as well, but in my experience QTEs were an extremely minor and non-intrusive part of the game, to the extent that I would not even remember to mention them in a review.

JDR13

Arcane
The cutscenes are really obnoxious in this game, with how they last over 5 minutes. The poor level design and QTEs make the game itself not worth sitting through cutscenes for.
Good to find out though that a better series called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. exists.

Poor level design? I must have played a different game.

Derringer

Prophet
You're basically stuck abusing Cheat Engine to speed through all those unbearably long animations in games to make it halfway bearable.

ADL

Prophet

When Metro Exodus released two years ago, it was one of the first games to feature Ray Tracing (on high-end PC only) thanks to NVIDIA’s new RTX series of graphics cards, although we still utilized many more traditional rendering techniques for console and older PC graphics cards.
But with Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 consoles offering Ray Tracing support, we took the decision to radically overhaul our proprietary 4A Engine and realise our ambitions for a fully Ray Traced experience on next gen consoles and high-end PC.

We have built an all-new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline that brings a number of optimizations, upgrades, and new features to the Ray Traced Global Illumination and Emissive Lighting that we pioneered with the original release of Metro Exodus, as well as an upgraded implementation of our powerful Temporal Reconstruction technology to further boost resolution, visual detail and performance.

And we’ve pushed these enhancements to the limit to take advantage of the latest Ray Tracing capable GPU hardware from NVIDIA and AMD, to create the ultimate version for our PC enthusiast fans.

Introducing the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition
For PC players, we’re taking advantage of our new Fully Ray Traced Lighting Pipeline and the latest GPU-capable hardware from NVIDIA and AMD to offer the ultimate Ray Traced experience – the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.

This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.

The PC Enhanced Edition will offer additional Ray Tracing features, including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions.

72487dcb94bc0ed37aa202d74c82f88fe0df47ec.png

*In-Game screenshot captured on PC showing our new RTGI, Emissives and Infinite Ray bounces.

Applying the same philosophy as our Xbox and PlayStation upgrades, this PC Enhanced Edition will be FREE to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam and GoG. You can expect the PC Enhanced Edition to release later this Spring.

Metro Exodus for Mac and Linux!
Last but not least – back in November, we also confirmed our commitment to Mac and Linux versions of Metro Exodus.

We’re happy to confirm that the Mac version is expected to release on the Apple Store, Steam, and Epic Games Store in March, with the Linux version set to follow a little later in the year on Steam!

Paul_cz

Arcane
It would be nice if you could actually buy a video card that could possibly run such an upgrade.
Should have bought 2080Ti two years ago like me

Friend was laughing at me for buying such overpriced piece of crap

Now he's playing on Radeon 280X because he can't upgrade to anything worthwhile

We'll probably need an RTX 3080 at minimum to get decent framerates.

I finished Metro in 1440p, ultra preset, RT high and it never dropped below 60fps, and that was without DLSS.

Now that DLSS will be implemented it will probably run even better despite having even nicer graphics.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm not really a fan of DLSS, I'd choose RT off and native res given that choice. It is good for those who seem to like it though, for sure. I'm sure the upgraded console version won't actually be running at 4k with RT, like their marketing implies.

Ash

Arcane
Other than being first-person shooters, the Metro games have almost nothing in common with CoD.
It is literally CoD up to the scripted garbage and linear setpiece gameplay unless you are pretending to be dumb.

Some people experience games with zero concern or actual sentient awareness of the gameplay experience. Imagine that, when the gameplay is typically present and directly demanding your input for around 90% of the running time, usually more.

Yes you are of course correct. Metro is not far from a CoD campaign. On rails, overly scripted, overly-limiting, braindead mole-pop gameplay, with a Stalker-like skin. Pay no mind to the hollow skulls here.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Other than being first-person shooters, the Metro games have almost nothing in common with CoD.
It is literally CoD up to the scripted garbage and linear setpiece gameplay unless you are pretending to be dumb.

Some people experience games with zero concern for the gameplay experience. Imagine that, when the gameplay is typically present for 90% of the running time.

Yes you are of course correct. Metro is garbage and not far from a CoD campaign. On rails, overly scripted, overly-limiting, braindead mole-pop gameplay, with a Stalker-like skin. Pay no mind to the hollow skulls here.
Says the guy who liked Bioshock Infinite

Ash

Arcane
Bioshock is like System Shock 2 but bad

Bioshock: Infinite is like a CoD/dumb Modern Military shooter campaign but playable.

Watch your claims. "Liked" is a strong word. Never even completed it. I just found it to be surprisingly not failing fundamental game design rules like most games of the past 1.5 decades, including bioshock (e.g there are actually consequences for death).
Infinite is modern popamole stuff and of course a far cry from the System Shock/Looking Glass days, however as a shameless linear shitty modern incarnation of the FPS it clearly beats out many of its contemporaries as well as the original Bioshock in the gameplay department. there's less choices than Bioshock yet each are more meaningful as a result of overall design cohesion. I wouldn't expect the hollow skulls here to understand what I'm saying though.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane

Some people experience games with zero concern or actual sentient awareness of the gameplay experience. Imagine that, when the gameplay is typically present and directly demanding your input for around 90% of the running time, usually more.

Yes you are of course correct. Metro is not far from a CoD campaign. On rails, overly scripted, overly-limiting, braindead mole-pop gameplay, with a Stalker-like skin. Pay no mind to the hollow skulls here.

You literally sound beyond fucking dumb.

Exodus is anything but on-rails or overly scripted. You obviously haven't played it, so why comment and make yourself look foolish?

Ash

Arcane
I was talking about the series as a whole, based on YOUR EXACT WORDS you fucking donkey. If we were talking specifically about Exodus I would be more lenient.

JDR13 said:

Hollow. Fucking. Skull.

For the record exodus does still have plenty linearity and scripting despite featuring much more open design, and the intro is uber on rails modern military shooter stuff for like a painful hour. Still, more bearable than the first two games.

JDR13

Arcane
I was talking about the series as a whole, based on YOUR EXACT WORDS you fucking donkey. If we were talking specifically about Exodus I would be more lenient.

JDR13 said:

Hollow. Fucking. Skull.

For the record exodus does still have plenty linearity and scripting despite featuring much more open design, and the intro is uber on rails modern military shooter stuff for like a painful hour. Still, more bearable than the first two games.

Typical Ash butthurt.

The thread is about Metro Exodus, so I'm going to assume you're referring to Exodus unless you specify otherwise.

And Exodus actually has very little scripting in relation to the amount of content.

Ash

Arcane
I did specify: I quoted you, you just didn't pay attention. Your ass is sore despite being the one in the wrong as usual and it is getting old.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
stop arguing with this ash dude, he's just mad /or trolling all the time

Ash is one of those posters I can be completely on board with in one thread and be completely bewildered with in the next.

Strong 'tisms, though the madness does push him to make good mods.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
stop arguing with this ash dude, he's just mad /or trolling all the time

Ash is one of those posters I can be completely on board with in one thread and be completely bewildered with in the next.

Strong 'tisms, though the madness does push him to make good mods.
Well he basically condemn every little things he disagrees with and seem to blame all of his ails to them, and it's such an obnoxious attitude.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom