Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Vatnik Wumao
There's an aborted faction system in the game, where the various gangs will battle each other on their own accord. My guess is that most of the content for the gangs was axed when the first build of the game was scrapped.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
This would actually be impressive if you actually met the gangs worth a damn. They're just there to be a enemy, something to mow down or mow you down. You might get a introduction and a little scene in one of their HQs but then it's just mowing them down.
It's especially jarring for Streetkid V. Grows up in Heywood where every kid joins the Failentinos or moves away. Not V. Hangs out in the dedicated Failentino bar. Mama Wells is even labeled as a member of them. Noboday cares.
Jaquito "dropped his colors" a long time ago. Wants to stay out of it. Still wears an outift littered with their name. Buys a bike adorned with the word "Valentinos". Makes sense. :hahano:

Plus gang leadership. The 6th street guy makes it look like Padre is their leader. Is he really? Why is he sending me against them?
Is Mama San the Tyger Claws leader?

It all feels like their were once, then the whole gang system was abandoned and now they are just generic fixers.
Screw factions, can't have restrictions, players need to be able to do everything as soon as they want. :argh:

Guess when they switched priority to cinematic linear missions, everything else was abandoned like a redhead stepchild.
Sad.

Yosharian

Arcane
There's an aborted faction system in the game, where the various gangs will battle each other on their own accord. My guess is that most of the content for the gangs was axed when the first build of the game was scrapped.
Everything about this game is aborted, even the kids look like they were aborted just before birth and shat out half-formed

Vatnik Wumao
Everything about this game is aborted, even the kids look like they were aborted just before birth and shat out half-formed

There is no proper driver AI as well. The game treats all cars as drones. LOL

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yes... "AI".
The only time the "race" was actually one with competition, was when I decided to just follow the other cars for 5 mins... at 30 mph.

I think they took the whole "making sure every entitled little shit player can win this" a little too far. :hahano:

Insert Title Here
Played the game for about 40 hours as Nomad V and came to the conclusion that this game is indeed garbage, even if they manage to fix the bugs. The city and its gangs are just boring after a while, and I hate the itemization. The shooting feels OK and there have been some cool moments, but that's about it.

Guess I'll try to push myself to finish it at least before uninstalling.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yes... "AI".
The only time the "race" was actually one with competition, was when I decided to just follow the other cars for 5 mins... at 30 mph.

I think they took the whole "making sure every entitled little shit player can win this" a little too far. :hahano:

Well the races do revolve around a tranny, so they had to make them Journo Easy.

Perkel

Arcane
modders are able now to mod bodies. Character preset for V from nexus:

1447-1612429658-1660955236.jpeg

Drowed

Arcane
Bethesda at least knew (before Fallout 76) that their games were a disaster and that the fans would "save" it in the end. CDPR could learn from that.

just

Liturgist
now i only need a mod to replace all random police events with whores and i might do a second run

kain30

Cipher
Playing the game for the first time. With everything maxed out i get between 25-30 fps. In AC valhalla with every bell and whistle i get 90 fps stable. What the fuck?

tritosine2k

Erudite
Playing the game for the first time. With everything maxed out i get between 25-30 fps. In AC valhalla with every bell and whistle i get 90 fps stable. What the fuck?

In case if it wasn't obvious apparently CDPR has art department guy as director, and game has obvious lack of substance at a second glance they attempt to rectify with the story ,is a race against time. It was never optimized for >30fps.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Screw factions, can't have restrictions, players need to be able to do everything as soon as they want. :argh:

Screw factions, we need to rework this shit to tell the story about KEANU REAVES! Did see how wholesome 100 was he during E3 2019 ? That man is totally chungus and good boi.

Zer0wing

Cipher
In case if it wasn't obvious apparently CDPR has art department guy as director, and game has obvious lack of substance at a second glance they attempt to rectify with the story ,is a race against time. It was never optimized for >30fps.
Artfags should not be game directors ever, it sure is Adam's fault the game being shit.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Artfags should not be game directors ever, it sure is Adam's fault the game being shit.

well , undeniably that's a REAL collision course instead the virtual one in the story, with K.R. sounding more neurotic than brash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom