Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

It costs nothing to try the game out for a day. Install it on your SSD. And then delete it after an hour because you obviously just confirmed how shit it is. What are you afraid of?

Testownia

A roadmap:

FijIsBu.jpg

Public relations:

6XfMd2i.jpg

Prone - Q4 2021

This isn't even pathetic. It's surreal.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Multi-crew sounds fucking awful, imagine sitting in a god damn cannon waiting for something to fly by just to shoot at it... What if I'm the only member of the crew online, wtf am I supposed to do? Wash the windows, wank in a corner and hope some cunt doesn't show up and shoot me down? Meh.
Also you will be able to hire AI npcs as your crew. So even if you are alone you will be able to still fly those bigger ships.
iu

Codex Year of the Donut
Here's my experience so far:

Start in a hangar. Absolutely nothing around, no in-game help menu, no onscreen messages, just nothing.
Start hitting random keys for shit to come up. None of this helps me fly a starship.
After about 10 minutes I manage to figure out how to spawn my ship, but I can't seem to enter it at all.
So I summon another ship because maybe it's bugged or another one is easier to get into. And the game crashes.

absolute goty 10/10

and the purchase options for the game seem like a pyramid scheme or some shit. There is no simple way to just 'buy' the game, you gotta buy all these separate packages and modules. What the fuck?

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Start in hangar...?

I think you loaded the hangar module from 2013 bro. Select Universe from the main menu. Should give you a choice of a few landing zones, pick one Space Ports not one of the hangars, and then you'll start in a space hotel room.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
The hangar is the default option from the main menu after selecting "Universe". Is it too much to expect the default option to be the correct one to play the game?
I was up and flying in Elite Dangerous in like 5 seconds.

When you start in the space hotel it doesn't even tell you how to stand up -- you start laying down.
I know some of you might think this sounds stupid, but it's not. I tried hitting every key I could think of, none of them make you stand up. In a normal game, simply using the move keys would likely make your character stand up. Maybe even hitting the crouch key or jumping?
But no, not in Star Citizen.

How do you stand up?
Why, holding down F, looking to your left, and dragging your cursor over to a floating "STAND UP" text block and left clicking it. There is absolutely nothing that tells you how to do this or gives you a hint.
Is this a game designed to be played by aliens? Was it designed by people who have actually played other games?
I fear my nightmare is just beginning...

Fishy

Savant
The hangar is the default option from the main menu after selecting "Universe". Is it too much to expect the default option to be the correct one to play the game?
I was up and flying in Elite Dangerous in like 5 seconds.

When you start in the space hotel it doesn't even tell you how to stand up -- you start laying down.
I know some of you might think this sounds stupid, but it's not. I tried hitting every key I could think of, none of them make you stand up. In a normal game, simply using the move keys would likely make your character stand up. Maybe even hitting the crouch key or jumping?
But no, not in Star Citizen.

How do you stand up?
Why, holding down F, looking to your left, and dragging your cursor over to a floating "STAND UP" text block and left clicking it. There is absolutely nothing that tells you how to do this or gives you a hint.
Is this a game designed to be played by aliens? Was it designed by people who have actually played other games?

Look, this is a joke of a project, with a company feeding lies upon lies through technobabble to a gullible crowd all too ready to swallow anything that feeds their dreams.txt, but the above is one of the very few things I wouldn't criticise them for. It's a shitty alpha nowhere near release, no matter what they say, no matter how much they charge people for it, and no matter what a "free fly week" would seem to imply. A tutorial for controls and easy starting options are nowhere near their priorities when they still have such shit performances that they need to remove content from their single star system to add a mission.

Yes, I agree with you that an intuitive control set with light but effective guidance for first time players is a big thing. I just wouldn't expect it from SC right now. At some point, if they want to fix the mess, they'll need to get rid of current management and start staring at the elephant of the room: there's a shit ton of fat that needs to be cut if this is to be salvaged as a game. Just look at where they are compared to everything they promised: https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

They have a lot of bigger problems on their hands, and they are still raking in cash for not addressing them, so...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
rusty_shackleford thank you for your sacrifice! Hope you haven't spent too much money on this, regardless of the comedy value.
It's currently free for a week.
I'll probably include screenshots with my next updates, taking a break for now after getting lost in the space hotel because there's absolutely no directions anywhere.
It is not about the money rusty,it is about the mark that is left on your soul.

Myobi

Liturgist
How do you stand up?

Nothing that us mere mortals without thousands of dollars to spend on pwetty jpgs can even dream to understand.

A MMORPG for 40 very big brained people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom