Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
FUCKING TOSHIMITSU FFS!! WAS ONE HIT AWAY AND THE FUCKER GRABS ME AND KILLS ME FROM 3/4 HP!! *sobs* :argh::argh::argh::argh: I hate this fucker worse than Hino-Enma.

And now I read he's a DLC boss and I'm probably underleveled, despite the bullshit mission suggesting level 63. Time to git gud or come back later. I think I'll....
Isn't Toshimitsu that guy with the odachi who constantly spams spells? The one you fight in the Tatarimokke (the giant bird with three eyes) arena? He is not a DLC boss, but he still is pretty tough.

Yeah, that's him. No, not DLC but apparently he was put in after release to give players waiting for DLC an extra challenge or something? Dunno, just what I read when I was searching for other people feeling my pain.

The annoying thing was, I knew what I was doing. I was too cautious when I got him down low and I didn't press enough because I was too scared of losing. Pressing was what got him down in the first place, backing off and waiting for an opening was fatal.

He's a fucker, but he'll go down in the end.

He's the hardest boss in the game so far. In fact, he's the only hard boss in the game so far. I had to level some more before I could finally beat him. He throws up projectile guard, which negates ninjitsu spam, and he constantly buffs, which makes it difficult to wear down his Ki. I ended up beating him by being cautious and throwing the high Kusarigama ranged attack to interupt him when he would try to spam his flame magic attacks. He does this everytime you get a certain distance from him, so it's not difficult to bait him into it. I'd only engage him in melee if his Ki was already low from a series of his attacks.

The problem is watching for his red/rage projectile which can one-shot you at lower levels. That shit killed me so many times when he was low that it was frustrating, so I eventually just increased my constitution 5 levels (from 10 to 15) and came back to beat him later, after which point it would no longer 1 shot me.

Beyond him, however, I haven't died on the first run of a boss since the Snake Boss on level 3. Maybe I'm just over-leveled, but I've been beating all the bosses first try. I am built for maximum Ninjitsu, though (including full armor from the "Flying whats his face" dude from the Veteran Ninja Dojo Mission, which has insane ninjitsu buffs), so my build is super spammy and requires next to no skill. Only strategy is survive long enough to throw all my ninjitsu, then transform to spirit mode to finish the boss.

The Dojo missions are great fun, though. I love when this game gives you limited resources, outside of what you typically use, and forces you to beat bosses with constraints. It took me a great deal of time to figure out how to beat the Veteran Ninja dude (hint: secret to success is tonfa spam. I went from slowly and deliberately killing him in 10 minutes with the kusigama, to killing him in 3 minutes with tonfa spam, making it easier to get his smithing texts).

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Snake is gone, after 8 tries. It was a FANTASTIC boss. Also loved the level design of the mission. I was left a bad first impression with first level, but second and third level were exceptional, level desing wise and boss wise. If it keeps this quality Nioh 2 will surpass every From souls game except DS1 and BB

The best level design still waits for you in later mission - The Mausoleum of Evil. They clearly can do it, they are just not consistent.
That has to be my absolute favorite level. Everything else feels too generic or a rehashed version of something we've already seen in the first game, but The Mausoleum of Evil is definitely unique and fun to explore.
Many beautiful, much design... FUCK YOU AND FUCK MAUSOLEUM AND FUCK EVERY LEVEL WHERE YOU CAN FALL TO YOUR DEATH!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1325200/view/3053974218515831744

Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition: Version 1.26 Patch Notes

Thank you for playing Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition.

The game was updated to the 1.26 version, you can find the changes of this version below:

■Additional Features

・Added the “Dragon Ninja” transformation
 You can acquire it by accessing “Boons” from the Shrine

・“DLSS” added to “Graphic Settings”
 Available for GeForce RTX Series graphics boards
 ※Please ensure you have the latest drivers
 ※This setting can be switched outside of missions

■Bug Fixes

・Fixed an issue that could cause items to suddenly become unusable during multiplayer, preventing a number of actions from being performed properly

・Fixed an issue where the duration of the "Sloth Talisman" effects would sometimes be excessively long, when used by enemies

・Fixed an issue where yokai could fall when the "White Tiger" or "Nue" Yokai Ability was activated near a cliff

・Fixed an issue where the elemental projectiles would fly to the ground when locking on to Lady Osakabe and performing a Strong Attack while either the "Fire Familiar”, "Water Familiar”, or "Lightning Familiar” talismans were activated

・Fixed an issue where the powerful strike that can be activated by the Switchglaive Mystic Arts, "Wildfire Flux " and "Tempest Flux", could not be triggered at 120FPS

・Fixed an issue related to the rolling boulder traps, that caused the sound of rolling stones to linger

・Fixed an issue where strata that guests had not unlocked could be selected on an Underworld Expedition

・Fixed an issue where enemies in the Dark Realm had a high chance of dropping the armour, “Kobo Daishi's Priest Vestments”

・Fixed an issue where facial “accessories” would disappear when the head armor "Sohaya Deserter Ears" was equipped

・Fixed an issue where the headgear for “Katagiri Katsumoto” and “Wakisaka Yasuharu”, who appear in the main mission "Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo", were switched

・Fixed an issue where the "Switch Confirmation Button" settings set in the "Controls" menu would be reverted after a reboot

・Fixed an issue where actions such as attacking or searching could not be performed if a mouse button was set to "Change Stance" in the "Key Configuration" section of "Keyboard & Mouse Settings"

・Fixed an issue where the controls listed in the key configuration section of the “Keyboard & Mouse Settings” menu did not match those in “Controls” when the control configuration was set to something other than Type A

・Fixed an issue where the user's profile name would sometimes be displayed as “unknown” when using Demon Parade Picture Scrolls or Character Creation Codes

・Fixed an issue where some of the UI elements would display incorrectly when using an ultrawide monitor

・Fixed an issue which sometimes caused crashes to occur when checking the Special Effects of equipment in certain languages

・Other minor bug fixes

Thank you for your continuous support.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but the 3rd or 4th area has a single, human boss in the mission "A Formal Match." You can kill him in 30 seconds with ninjitsu spam (dude buffs like an idiot while you throw ninjitsu in his face) and the whole mission can be completed in a little over a minute. Killing him nets 30k amrita in addition to a 20k amrita shard he gives you EVERY TIME. You can level to 100 in a very short amount of time. When you first stumble on this mission, it yields so much more amrita than doing a typical mission that it kind of fuck's the game's reward systems, although it obviously becomes less so as you advance.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yay, green stuff! At this point i can just sell everything from first difficulty, right?

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Pretty disappointed for the 4th mission with first human boss. Didn't like either level design nor the boss ( too easy). i hope next mission improves on those aspects

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pretty disappointed for the 4th mission with first human boss. Didn't like either level design nor the boss ( too easy). i hope next mission improves on those aspects
Yeah, he was too easy for me too, the first time I met him. But in the next side mission he's a bit tougher and has a "charming" smile.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
FUCKING TOSHIMITSU FFS!! WAS ONE HIT AWAY AND THE FUCKER GRABS ME AND KILLS ME FROM 3/4 HP!! *sobs* :argh::argh::argh::argh: I hate this fucker worse than Hino-Enma.

And now I read he's a DLC boss and I'm probably underleveled, despite the bullshit mission suggesting level 63. Time to git gud or come back later. I think I'll....
Isn't Toshimitsu that guy with the odachi who constantly spams spells? The one you fight in the Tatarimokke (the giant bird with three eyes) arena? He is not a DLC boss, but he still is pretty tough.

Yeah, that's him. No, not DLC but apparently he was put in after release to give players waiting for DLC an extra challenge or something? Dunno, just what I read when I was searching for other people feeling my pain.

The annoying thing was, I knew what I was doing. I was too cautious when I got him down low and I didn't press enough because I was too scared of losing. Pressing was what got him down in the first place, backing off and waiting for an opening was fatal.

He's a fucker, but he'll go down in the end.

He's the hardest boss in the game so far. In fact, he's the only hard boss in the game so far. I had to level some more before I could finally beat him. He throws up projectile guard, which negates ninjitsu spam, and he constantly buffs, which makes it difficult to wear down his Ki. I ended up beating him by being cautious and throwing the high Kusarigama ranged attack to interupt him when he would try to spam his flame magic attacks. He does this everytime you get a certain distance from him, so it's not difficult to bait him into it. I'd only engage him in melee if his Ki was already low from a series of his attacks.

The problem is watching for his red/rage projectile which can one-shot you at lower levels. That shit killed me so many times when he was low that it was frustrating, so I eventually just increased my constitution 5 levels (from 10 to 15) and came back to beat him later, after which point it would no longer 1 shot me.

Beyond him, however, I haven't died on the first run of a boss since the Snake Boss on level 3. Maybe I'm just over-leveled, but I've been beating all the bosses first try. I am built for maximum Ninjitsu, though (including full armor from the "Flying whats his face" dude from the Veteran Ninja Dojo Mission, which has insane ninjitsu buffs), so my build is super spammy and requires next to no skill. Only strategy is survive long enough to throw all my ninjitsu, then transform to spirit mode to finish the boss.

The Dojo missions are great fun, though. I love when this game gives you limited resources, outside of what you typically use, and forces you to beat bosses with constraints. It took me a great deal of time to figure out how to beat the Veteran Ninja dude (hint: secret to success is tonfa spam. I went from slowly and deliberately killing him in 10 minutes with the kusigama, to killing him in 3 minutes with tonfa spam, making it easier to get his smithing texts).

Yeah, beat him now. When I levelled to 76-ish and got a higher splitstaff and armour, took him down first try.

I agree with your sentiment on the general boss difficulty, but I think it is because we're over-levelled. I'm not sure the game is balanced on the first run through for everyone doing all the side missions, which seems a bit silly but I'm up to 80 now and only doing the entry mission for the 4th area. The nioh 2 wiki says this mission is for lvl 54 and I'm killing stuff with a few swings of my staff in mid-stance with still almost half the main missions still to do. Still, this being Nioh I know I'll look back on this facerolling period with longing later on.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tried first dlc. I guess i need better equip for it, after all. I'm again in "almost 1-shot" zone.
+ it's again "water everywhere" stage

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I agree with your sentiment on the general boss difficulty, but I think it is because we're over-levelled. I'm not sure the game is balanced on the first run through for everyone doing all the side missions, which seems a bit silly but I'm up to 80 now and only doing the entry mission for the 4th area. The nioh 2 wiki says this mission is for lvl 54 and I'm killing stuff with a few swings of my staff in mid-stance with still almost half the main missions still to do. Still, this being Nioh I know I'll look back on this facerolling period with longing later on.

There's a big jump in difficulty with a fire axe demon boss, who some claim is the hardest in the game. He's the only boss I've just had to use a summon with, because fuck he's annoying. He has tons of health, lots of protection against your Yokai shift phase, and he one shots you all day with random combos. He was still hard to beat even with a summon, as you can empty all of your ninjitsu into his back while he kills the summon, and then he still has 1/3 of his health left.

Also, DLSS is awesome. I can play at 4k 60fps with it, and it looks really good.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's a big jump in difficulty with a fire axe demon boss, who some claim is the hardest in the game.
Who is that? Shibata Katsuie? All bosses are pushovers in this game, because once you understand what the game expects from you (and that should happen gradually with the very first bosses: Enenra, Yatsu-no-Kami, and Imagawa Yoshimoto), you can just repeat what you learned over and over. You never need to approach the situation from a different angle. Of course you still need to execute your moves almost flawlessly, but that's hard only if your hand-eye coordination is failing you.

The only bosses I wasn't able to beat on my first try after Kamaitachi are those big beasts who require different (and sometimes very specific) strategies: Gyuki, Daidara Bocchi, and Lady Osakabe. On the other hand, levels and "waves" challenges are very difficult, because they are crammed with so many fucking enemies. But I'm only talking about main game stuff, because I still haven't played any DLC.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Went to dlc 2 instead after finishing first mission. Fire everywhere> water everywhere. Raiko is :love:
And she killed me with style!

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
5Th mission done. Good level with a bit of colors finally and devilish last segment where i must have died like 10 times. On the other hand i brute forced kamaitachi first try. Idk if it is supposed to be easy or i was lucky, anyway i wanna fight him again on the harder difficulty.
Funny how monkey dude calls him big when it was the smallest boss so far except the human boss

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Beside this, has anyone found a use for switchglaive low stance? other then being ultrasafe, the damage is abysmal and i can do everything better in medium stance with much longer reach. When i want high damage i switch to HS but have yet to find a scenario where LS is better option

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Beside this, has anyone found a use for switchglaive low stance? other then being ultrasafe, the damage is abysmal and i can do everything better in medium stance with much longer reach. When i want high damage i switch to HS but have yet to find a scenario where LS is better option
The low stance is useful to chain a long series of Switch Stance: Retribution/Edge/Blade, since you can enter the stance, do a couple of quick attacks, and then switch back to mid or high. You can do it almost whenever you want due to how quick it is.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So just when I started to think the game is a bit too easy I met Mr. Saito Toshimitsu-san.
Mr. Saito Toshimitsu-san does not want me to find the game too easy.
If I ever want to be a match for Mr. Saito Toshimitsu-san I need to practice my odachi skills much more.

The fucker is mean, he uses the same style as I do - onmyo imbued odachi - but he never stops to take a breath.
I wish I could dish out a chain of 4-5 attacks in such a quick succession without a dent to my ki.
After 8-0 in his favor I decided I'll have to return when I get to level 65.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom