Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Finally beat the game after 90 hours.

I enjoyed it a lot but I always expected a AAA type game and not a real rpg but they definitely rushed this. A lot of wasted potential but if they add stuff to the city and expand the quests they can reverse the damage.

Ultimately great AAA budget type game, especially once it leaves early access. The music was great as well

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
FO76 was exclusive to the bethesda launcher when it released and for a long time after

Yeah but Bethesda also lost a lawsuit where they now have to refund all pre-ordered and launch copies of the game so whilst you say this remember a lot of people wanted out and now will get out because of the lawsuit succeeding.
I'll be interested to see just how many go for it.

In relation to cyberpunk It'd be interesting to see how that precedent works with this game. I think its an exciting time for the industry as now the AAA's soon to be AAAA's now have something against them that actually is proven to work. Sadly yeah the majority will remain complacent which sucks if you have rights use em.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Playing the game for the first time. With everything maxed out i get between 25-30 fps. In AC valhalla with every bell and whistle i get 90 fps stable. What the fuck?

In case if it wasn't obvious apparently CDPR has art department guy as director, and game has obvious lack of substance at a second glance they attempt to rectify with the story ,is a race against time. It was never optimized for >30fps.

You need an RTX card to run 60 fps in 1080p. I finally bit the bullet since ol' faithful GTX 1060 had only 3 GB worth of VRAM. Had 19-25 frames just driving around. Now I have to upgrade my PSU. What a crock of shit. So yeah now I have 55-65 fps. But at what cost?

tritosine2k

Erudite
Playing the game for the first time. With everything maxed out i get between 25-30 fps. In AC valhalla with every bell and whistle i get 90 fps stable. What the fuck?

In case if it wasn't obvious apparently CDPR has art department guy as director, and game has obvious lack of substance at a second glance they attempt to rectify with the story ,is a race against time. It was never optimized for >30fps.

You need an RTX card to run 60 fps in 1080p. I finally bit the bullet since ol' faithful GTX 1060 had only 3 GB worth of VRAM. Had 19-25 frames just driving around. Now I have to upgrade my PSU. What a crock of shit. So yeah now I have 55-65 fps. But at what cost?

I have perfect 48hz lock in outskirts of city on a 1660ti gamer notebook AND it looks miles better than inner city too with next to no artifacts and such. Actually prefer 48hz because it has that cinematic suspension of disbelief thing going for it vs. 60hz, and I'd really prefer long range weaponry/ engagement too. As it stands the game is really not doing itself favor by including the inner city at this "depth", because there are limits to complexity even on best hardware and reality clamps down hard.

On the other hand we never get to see the tunnel system much or outskirts that would be handled better by ordinary hardware, for one. Maybe even 60hz on ps4pro if you strip out that 64^3 block "realtime GI" for timeslotted irradiance probes.

It really looks like Big Badowski just strolls over other departments whether theres valid concern or not.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm rather fond of the guns myself.

Vehicles are kinda cool too... if only the driving didn't suck. And the AI.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The sheer amount of time animators wasted invested in the guns is breathtaking indeed.
While I never liked to use smartguns (need to feel superior to consoletards by aiming myself :obviously:), I still picked them up and equipped them occasionally. Watching the animations when V inspects and reloads them gave me a little boner every time.

Why, why is the stupid Chao(?) pistol so good?
Damage of a magnum AND full auto, plus benefitting from all the pistol crit perks.
But looks like a tube with a grip. Don't want. :argh:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm more of a rifle guy myself.
Was still using revolvers from Stealth... until I discovered I can get Stealth headshot kills just fine with a silenced Masamune.
Maybe the multipliers aren't quite as good, but you fire 3 bullets at a time and... its enough.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
All those burst rifles were just rifle-shaped component boxes for me.
In (mostly) static covershooters I tend to stick to high dmg single shot weapons, like the Ovendoor revolver. Which can be supressed despite having no sealed cylinder I think?

In the end, I had the most fun with shotguns and a baseball bat.
Shotguns knockback made me giggle like a little kid and laugh hard when the enemy bugs out and continues to taunt you even when he is dead. :hahano:

And bats make an adorable "thunk" sound all the time, because... I guess everyone is made out of solid materials in the game?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
3jkcoxr0f1i61.jpg

tcn5kg65f1i61.jpg

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Here's something I don't know if it's come up but holy fuck is this game hand-holdy as all hell.

Sometimes, SOMETIMES, It'll give a vague box area to explore but even then the clues or objects of interests have a yellow icon you can detect from meters off.

Everything else from BDs to target finding to the map is laid out ez-pz.

New Vegas wasn't this bad.

I would like it if it was an option to turn off the direct handholding like give more vague clues and answers. Doesn't need to be Underrial or Temple of Forgotten Evil Level, V should be studious and note-taking, but fuck.

Or you know let the scanning take the place of that shit? Actually turn it on more so the player has a reason to use it other than hacks, to look for items of note.

The driving, makes sense, you're plugging it to the future version of Google or Bing Maps, fine. And that's just A to B.

But the quests and everything, give it a little more space to allow player growth.

JXzWOKq.png

damagedbrains

Novice
FO76 was exclusive to the bethesda launcher when it released and for a long time after

Yeah but Bethesda also lost a lawsuit where they now have to refund all pre-ordered and launch copies of the game so whilst you say this remember a lot of people wanted out and now will get out because of the lawsuit succeeding.
I'll be interested to see just how many go for it.

In relation to cyberpunk It'd be interesting to see how that precedent works with this game. I think its an exciting time for the industry as now the AAA's soon to be AAAA's now have something against them that actually is proven to work. Sadly yeah the majority will remain complacent which sucks if you have rights use em.

I've never understood the gamer fetish with battery sizes.

Danikas

Arcane
Started second playthrough since I have nothing better to play at the moment and since I never bought the double jump cyberware in my first run decided to give it a try. This upgrade makes a big diffrence if you want to do some parkouring on the rooftops.

photomode_18022021_0783kw0.png

photomode_19022021_035qkwy.png
photomode_19022021_053yjkm.png

photomode_19022021_05gxjjr.png

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
double jump cyberware
i prefer charged mega jump. In my tests it could give both higher and longer jumps

You can use double jumps to avoid fall damage / elevators.
I've been at the top of sky scrapers and just double jumped my way down the side of the building in a few seconds.

That alone is worth it for me. The only place you can't do this is V's home afaik, since when you try it just auto kills you when you hit some trigger. More 10/10 GOTY shenanigans.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Started second playthrough since I have nothing better to play at the moment and since I never bought the double jump cyberware in my first run decided to give it a try. This upgrade makes a big diffrence if you want to do some parkouring on the rooftops.

photomode_18022021_0783kw0.png

photomode_19022021_035qkwy.png
photomode_19022021_053yjkm.png

photomode_19022021_05gxjjr.png

Mirror's Edge 3 look neat.

typical user

Arbiter
Wish this game allowed to bounce of walls, not run on them or maybe run but in the same style like in Dyling Light - upwards in fixed distance. I dislike charged jump because of holding spacebar, that's why I prefer double jump, shame there is no overhead animation to give players sense of doing front or backflips in the air.

Shame this game promised daily schedules for NPCs and couldn't deliver it for story characters. There is what 10 of them? Misty and Victor are always open, always at the same spot and they only have 2 lines of dialogue, no new ones for any side or main missions. It would certainly spark some life into them. You can call your cousin in GTA IV at different stages of the story and talk about your current situation, sometimes call Mallorie or other people too. I think Rockstar wanted to do RPG but new tech made them scoop-up what they had and release mediocre gangster simulator.

Also the game lacks bounty system similar to masquarade violations from Bloodlines. Kill too many people or cops, you get placed on cyber-psycho list and have a cutscene how Max-Tac arrives and how they bust your skull open. NCPD distress calls or fixer jobs could give pardon-letters. As it stands now the police is acting the same like in GTA.

Also cyberware slots should unlock with levels. Street Cred should go up and down so failing stealth missions, killing civilians could potentially affect your long-term rep.

Danikas

Arcane
Also cyberware slots should unlock with levels. Street Cred should go up and down so failing stealth missions, killing civilians could potentially affect your long-term rep.
Good idea and can probably be done by modders I would also cut the street cred gain by 50% so you dont get to lvl 50 so fast.
Also the game lacks bounty system similar to masquarade violations from Bloodlines. Kill too many people or cops, you get placed on cyber-psycho list and have a cutscene how Max-Tac arrives and how they bust your skull open. NCPD distress calls or fixer jobs could give pardon-letters. As it stands now the police is acting the same like in GTA.
Good idea and they were talking about something like this in the interviews but its obvious that police system was half arsed and rushed.
Misty and Victor are always open, always at the same spot and they only have 2 lines of dialogue, no new ones for any side or main missions. It would certainly spark some life into them.
All their games have this problem even the goty 10/10 witcher 3 once you do character side quests they stop having anything new to say. They should take a note from Gothic 2 and have npcs say new things and move around with main quest progression.

Terenty

Liturgist
Deadly Premonition still has the best npc simulation/schedule system of any game. They have homes where you can enter if need be, they drive to work and back, they go to different places of the town, they have different contextual dialogues etc.

Granted there's not so many of them and very few of fodder npcs, but it didn't detract from the atmosphere at all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom