Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
How can "people" still have faith in Larian to do good? They're a mess. This is a disgrace.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry, but that's casual cakewalk stuff. HotU is epic but as casual as hell, and 95% of BG2 Underdark content is optional and consists of FedEx.

Is optional but is fun to do. I always do the route which ends with a demon lord being summoned and finger him like a succubus. Casual or not, Underdark was never a low level "dungeons & kobolds" adventure. If someone says "underdark", I think on crazy high level drow matriarchal societies, draco liches, mind flayers, people who are heroes and nobles on the surface being nothing but slaves in the underdark... That is how underdark needs to be. Not a adventure for a lv 3/4 party with some spiders.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
But I was really hoping that by this time you would be over bg3 and would have returned to your senses, realizing that popularity or the extra views isn't worth indulging in this shit on any level. The only thing more souless and passionless than bg3 and larian cultists is the bg3 section of your blog. At some point you have to make a decision on whether these bg3 cultists are worth having. Do you really want those type of readers consuming your actual content once they explore your blog past the bg3 post? These are people that will see your posts about the original BG and say the game sucks because it's not modern enough, or that missing isn't fun, or that it's outdated and needs to be modernized. In my views, appealing to these larian cultists cunts in any way is harmful to what we both love.

It's worth the stretch. Even with the cultist cunts.

So you'd sacrifice your integrity for a few more fucking clicks or what?
People who support BG3 belong on a cross.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

I was easily the most critical commentator when BG3 was announced. Indeed, I likened BG3 to diarrhea on the level of volcanism before even the Wordlwide Reveal. Any systematic coverage was (formally) qualified as self-serving and cynical; also coming with a warning that I'd delete the coverage if its concomitant +traffic couldn't be leveraged towards BG classic, and my own ends.

Bitches complain about Decline: winners work out how to use it to their own advantage.

Also, you are posting on a newsite that covers BG3 as well -- in higher resolution than I do, with all its updates. I only cover what's known systematically, linking the sheeple back into classic BG.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I was easily the most critical commentator when BG3 was announced. Indeed, I likened BG3 to diarrhea on the level of volcanism before even the Wordlwide Reveal. Any systematic coverage was (formally) qualified as self-serving and cynical; also coming with a warning that I'd delete the coverage if its concomitant +traffic couldn't be leveraged towards BG classic, and my own ends.

Bitches complain about Decline: winners work out how to use it to their own advantage.

Also, you are posting on a newsite that covers BG3 as well -- in higher resolution than I do, with all its updates. I only cover what's known systematically, linking the sheeple back into classic BG.

If I had the ability I'd clean this forum out right and proper. But I don't.
Also your justification sounds contrived. As ontoply has said, you don't want the BG3 audience for the same reason you wouldn't want, say, the Reddit audience.

e: Hell, by your logic you could be posting FEET PICS on your blog as a means to lure people into playing Baldur's Gate 1.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
you don't want the BG3 audience for the same reason you wouldn't want, say, the Reddit audience.

No, their viewership is fine. What I wouldn't want is them commenting. I can spot them from a mile off, and delete them from the moderation queue.

e: Hell, by your logic you could be posting FEET PICS on your blog as a means to lure people into playing Baldur's Gate 1.

I don't want people to view my blog because I'm beautiful. I want people to view my blog based on my writings.

Anyway, I'm uncomfortable with all the attention you guys are giving me. On the last page, all I did was ask a simple question about BG3. Please, move on from the subject of Lilura.

Hey Tuco Benedicto Pacifico, what's the mood on Larian's forums after the panel, any reaction over the continued ignoring of the clusterfuck controls?
Not even joking when I say that at least there the stream seem to have pissed out way more people than it please. Mood seems to be to an all time low for some.
Complaints aren't just about the controls but all the other things Larian refused to acknowledge/address, not to mention some of these stupid annoying little things they showed pride for.

There have even been a bunch of old active users who took the chance to publicly claim they are done with the company, to ask for a refund (I don't think they actually expect to get one, it's more a form of public bitching) and so on.

Conversely most of the subreddit for the game comes off as absolutely ecstatic about the stream. Not even sure why given that most of them seem to think the game is mostly a dating sim and little was shown in terms of new fuckable characters to rabidly simp for.
Maybe these fucking generates are into bestiality as well.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Beamdogshilling BG reddit get drowned in BG3 memes. That community of cucks won't ever recover.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please, move on from the subject of Lilura.
Excellent point. And probably the only one I 100% agree with.

It was actually kind of interesting how the Druid works against the little verticality the game has. I look forward to wooshh-ing around as a bird. And then insta-gibbing everything as a bear.

Testownia

you don't want the BG3 audience for the same reason you wouldn't want, say, the Reddit audience.

No, their viewership is fine. What I wouldn't want is them commenting. I can spot them from a mile off, and delete them from the moderation queue.

I don't want people to view my blog because I'm beautiful. I want people to view my blog based on my writings.

Anyway, I'm uncomfortable with all the attention you guys are giving me. On the last page, all I did was ask a simple question about BG3. Please, move on from the subject of Lilura.

Stop shilling your OnlyFans, Lilura. Infinitron, move his posts back to his containment thread, please.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
There is a place like that?

You're kidding, right? One of the moderators is a Beamdog lapdog. He thanked me for my contributions to the community (all I did was link to my King Content), and offered me the chance to test out a nondisclosed product if I signed an NDA. I ignored the offer. Months later, when I became critical of the EEs and brought the community of cucks to their knees, he banned me.

Larianshill

Arbiter
You're talking about the Baldur's Gate reddit? I'm not seeing any BG3 memes right now. In fact, I see a stickied post made four months ago, that bans any BG3 content at all.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is a place like that?

Been there for a while, can tell you Codex and Reddit are very similar in that no point of view other than the hive’s own is accepted nor tolerated. You are either retard or racist/sexist/whatever shit. This is why I cannot read both this thread with its constant shitting on everything related to BG3 and Subreddit which is drown in blind admiring, fanboyizm and other disgusting shit I don’t even know english words for.

Gargaune

Magister
Not even joking when I say that at least there the stream seem to have pissed out way more people than it please. Mood seems to be to an all time low for some.
Complaints aren't just about the controls but all the other things Larian refused to acknowledge/address, not to mention some of these stupid annoying little things they showed pride for.

There have even been a bunch of old active users who took the chance to publicly claim they are done with the company, to ask for a refund (I don't think they actually expect to get one, it's more a form of public bitching) and so on.
Excellent. Might be worth pointing out that if Larian carries on ignoring essential feedback, they may be directly responsible for the creation of fresh Codex meat.

Conversely most of the subreddit for the game comes off as absolutely ecstatic about the stream.
I'm sure some of our local apologists will be happy to know they're in such esteemed company.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That BG reddit is now pure Decline.

If it's a meme only peripherally related to BG, massive upvotes. I'm talking the shallowest shit ever.

If it's a detailed mechanics or power-gaming discussion, downvote to oblivion.

If it's criticism of the EEs, ban. If it's a genuine link to my commentary or any critical commentary, deleted.

They celebrate mediocrity. If you tell everyone how shit you are at the game, upvoted.

Larianshill

Arbiter
What? Just go to BG reddit and click "meme" flair.
Well, I see some trash memes, but it's the sort of thing that I expect from reddit, and they all relate to originals, not to BG3. I think we might be talking about different subreddits.

This is why I cannot read both this thread with its constant shitting on everything related to BG3
I actually think this thread is pretty fair and balanced, at least now that the game is actually released.

Padzi

Arbiter
Well, I see some trash memes, but it's the sort of thing that I expect from reddit, and they all relate to originals, not to BG3. I think we might be talking about different subreddits.

In this case go to BG3 reddit, and then meme flair. I think now it's going to be ok.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Oh, BG3 subreddit is actual trash, I've never seen so many people thirst over a gay vampire since Twilight was a thing. But the conversation was about beamdog shills - something that's been cleared up now.

What? Just go to BG reddit and click "meme" flair.
Just to be clear the Baldur's gate subreddit and the Baldur's Gate 3 subreddit are two very distinct groups.
In fact, from what I heard they even seem to be completely at odd with each other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom