Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Legend of Mana Remaster

Dodo1610

Arcane

So this one gets an HD remaster, instead of a 3D remake. Is it as good as the others?

Last edited by a moderator:

InternalRevenue

Educated
So this one gets an HD remaster, instead of a 3d remake. Is it as good as the others?
It could have been as good as it's predecessors but it was far, far, too easy of a game and the AI was horrendously bad. They give you all these different ways to craft your own equipment and raise/create allies but it's best just to ignore them all if you want any kind of challenge whatsoever. Hopefully the remaster comes with a difficulty slider at the very least.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Damn, this is a good excuse to replay it. I do hope too for this to be more than a face wash and that the AI gets enhanced.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck yeah, massive incline.

The game is not the best gameplay wise but artistically it is absolutely stunning.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

The HD Remaster of Legend of Mana is coming to Steam!

Set off on a journey to find the mystical Mana Tree seen in a dream, before discovering... the world map is empty! During your travels, you’ll acquire special artifacts; place these wherever you’d like on the map to bring towns and dungeons to life and advance the story.

Meet a colorful cast of characters, square off against fearsome monsters, and explore the vast world of Fa’Diel. Not only has the music has been rearranged for this remaster, you can also alternate between the new and original soundtrack. Other features have also been added, including the ability to turn off enemy encounters, and the never-before released mini-game "Ring Ring Land".

KEY FEATURES
THE CLASSIC, REMASTERED - All the magic of the original Legend of Mana, coming to Steam with remastered graphics and new features.

SHAPE YOUR ENVIRONMENT - Featuring the unique "Land Make" System in which you can build your own World Map.

COMPELLING NARRATIVE - Complete quests and storylines

REAL-TIME COMBAT - Equip a variety of weapons, armors and accessories in exciting battles.

MINI-GAME - Includes "Ring Ring Land", a mini game previously unreleased in the West

This release is done by M2, the Japanese company known for classic ports and emulation releases. They also did the Mana collection for Switch.

(For some reason screenshots on Steam has noises likely from wrong color setting, but the same images from press don't have them.)

jungl

Augur
Least they put in some work with the background art not as blurry as I remember.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The only thing I remember from the original is that it was really beautiful and that I didn't like the gameplay very much.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Seems mostly like a no-frills remaster that addresses zero of the problems with the original.

maVnUa0.jpg

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm an absolute sucker for this game. I'm glad to have it back, but yeah, Squeenix should have done something about the lack of difficulty and mandatory encounters jamming up the experience. They should have treated it like they did Saga Frontier at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom