Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh, BG3 subreddit is actual trash

proxy-image (1).gif

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I didn't like what I saw from BG3.

"I think Dragon Age Origins is better with Mods"

(Better Music Directing) Thematic Devices used from a Celtic Song to create Iconic Themes for the game.

BG3 seemed like a mess to me. It's all over the place with tons of Diverse characters mingling
together in tight spaces. Also seems sort of silly there is flair to it that doesn't seem very serious.

I couldn't even watch anymore of someone playing it. I guess it's not for me.

It also seems to shinny and clean. There is no hard edge to it.

I didn't like the UI either, that looks like a cluttered mess. Also the FX were way over done for everything.

I don't need to wish them success because the whole Divinity Original 2 Sin folk will support BG3.

It's not the New Shit.

I bet im gonna enjoy bg3. Very hyped.
I will probably enjoy BG3 as well. I enjoyed even the alpha to an extent.

What I'm afraid of is that the usual stupid, self harming design decisions from Larian will make it once again just a mildly enjoyable game that I can't genuinely love.

P.S. BING XI LAO and kyosuke you can take back your shit and eat it too, by the way.
Fucking useless mongoloids.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I was easily the most critical commentator when BG3 was announced.

I don't think this is true. I was easily more critical than you. So critical that the thought of using it to my benefit in anyway disgusted me to my core.

What? Just go to BG reddit and click "meme" flair.

BG subreddit doesn't allow bg3 stuff other than in the mega thread because even those idiots can see how absolutely shameless and wrong the game is. Bg3 people had to break off to their own sub Reddit. More proof that this game shouldn't have been called bg3

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
I dont get why you are critical to BG3. Its a dream come true, a sequel to my all time fav rpg. Its the best thing since Pillars of Eternity.

Tranny Based + 5e + Forgotten Realms + High Production Values + Mainstream + Romances (will attract girls) + Shadowheart + Larian + Dark and goofy story at the same time = :incline:

If I am at any time to purchase Baldur's Gate 3, I will be directly involved in causing the erasure of the original Baldur's Gate series, which itself means that I will be harming Beamdog and their farthuffing community.

Larian once again has broken standards of the RPG industry: choices and consequences so deep and complex that they start on the steam store page!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looking the PAnel from hell - Larian

At 1:17:20 > https://youtu.be/tAr-fvEPgA8?t=4642

Swen mentions the tiered magic system of D&D as a "complicated" thing. Why he understimate the player base so much? Tiered magic system exists in TONS of games. Even Skyrim, which is extremely dumbed down uses it. You have novice -> apprentice -> adept -> expert -> master level of spells. My very first RPG was Might & Magic VII - For Blood and Honor and the game used the system >

Normal -> Anyone can learn it. Ex - Sparks, Poison Spray, Fire bolt
Expert -> Need some investment. Ex - Fireball, Lightning bolt, Water Walk, Stoneskin
Master -> Sorcerers needs to do a promotion quest before they can learn it. Iti s the "cap" for hybrid classes like Archers. Ex - Fly, Town Portal, Meteor Shower
Grand Master -> You need to become a Lich or a Archmage. No hybrid class can reach that point. Eg - Lloyd's Beacon, Incinerate

I played M&M VII as a child with ZERO English knowledge(not saying that my English as an adult is great. My grammar and accent sucks) and had no trouble to understand that someone who is "expert" at fire magic is more capable of someone who just knows the basic and that a gran master can do far more than a "expert". Hell, even mmos like Ultima Online and Meridian 59 has tier based magical progression and nobody complains about it. Is Larian designing games for Teletubbies? If they believe that spell level is so hard to understand, call it another thing. Call level 1 spell "fundamental" spells, level 2 "basic", level 3 "apprentice", level 4 "adept", level 5 "expert", level 6 "master" and level 7 "gran master"(The game will probably not feature tier 8/9 spells).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom