Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Field of Glory II

oscar

Arcane
Sure, set up a match and DM me the password. Any army list combination you think will be fun.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Base Field of Glory 2 is free for the next 3 days if some of you don't have it:

Everyone get this and come play, it's a good online game that doesn't require much time to enjoy. Very smooth and quick experience playing and exchanging turns, all automated by the system with no need to email back and forth.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I tried it and I kinda like it. I didn't understand anything from the tutorial, lol, so I got owned by the AI in a quick battle. My force was terrible, though, my melee units couldn't hold a candle to their Hastati and I had too many javelins.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Roman armies op confirmed? Archers, slingers and skirmishers very weak confirmed?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Maybe I will once I've figured out the mechanics. What about DLC? Is there a must-have one? They are very cheap atm.

razvedchiki

Erudite
skirmishers are used like they were in them ancient times, to skirmish as the armies formed up and then back away as the main clash occured. you can route heavy infantry with them but it requires 3-4 units continually launching missiles for several turns.

Lacrymas

Arcane
you can route heavy infantry with them but it requires 3-4 units continually launching missiles for several turns.
As far as I've understood it, you don't go after heavy infantry with skirmishers, you go for the flanks. Since skirmishers evade the vast majority of (frontal?) attacks, you have nothing to lose.

razvedchiki

Erudite
its best to put your skirmishers at 2 square range in front of your main battle line, and have a gap of 1 square behind the main battle line. this way its almost quaranteed that they will evade heavier infantry and pass through your line to use them later.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
A lot of things depend on the difficulty but I usually use skirmishers to knock as many medium infantry down to yellow or even red as possible. Works pretty well. Also of course you want to wipe the enemy skirmishers. Typically load majority of my skirmishers on one side, rout the enemy light units and then harass down the medium infantry and/or any medium/heavy cav. I rarely do the battleline thing because you just can't focus fire hard enough that way. Unless you yellow something it really isn't a good use of skirmishers. Slingers and archers are of course great on hills since you can focus fire harder and deal a bit more damage.

L'ennui

Magister
Roman armies op confirmed? Archers, slingers and skirmishers very weak confirmed?
Just annihilated a big Roman army as the Parthians. Archers, slingers and skirmishers are not *decisive*, but when you give them horses (mobility) they can cause significant attrition and disorganize the enemy enough for the big hammer blow.

And cataphracts are one of the biggest, hammeriest blow you can land in the flanks of a legionary trying to avoid being pin-cushioned by bazillions of arrows. Feels good mang.

main-qimg-6cc8e8fd4cf4afb26beb8773733b2c8b-lq

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Roman armies are super OP but so are the armies of all the "major" factions. Well maybe there are two tiers of "major" factions and the Romans are in the top one. The player of course elevates any army they use by at least a tier. So minor factions can fight at tier 2 major and win and tier 2 majors can fight at tier 1 and win. Some Romans are better than others of course.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe I will once I've figured out the mechanics. What about DLC? Is there a must-have one? They are very cheap atm.
Just pick whichever one contains the army lists that interest you. I don't have a high opinion of the AI, the campaign mode, or the preset battles, but multi-player is comfy and at least one person needs to have the dlc to create the room with the army of choice.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't have a high opinion of the AI, the campaign mode, or the preset battles
There seems to be an AI mod for that. Depending on what exactly you don't like about the campaigns and epic battles that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom