Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nobody at Larian will read that wall of text. Those guys are thick as bricks as it is, they're not going to listen to negative feedback.

E: It IS a very good analysis.
I mean, someone could take the matter into his own hands and nuke their country. Whatever that country may be, I have no agenda in this.

Oh look, it's Belgium.

How unfortunate.

If you can't express your point in a few sentences then it probably wasn't worth reading anyways. If you have multiple points, use a bulleted list.
He (she?) is not really making any particular point, just literally narrating the streaming minute-by-minute and adding personal comments to it. And it's a good analysis.

EDIT - Well, I guess in the end the "point" is that Larian blows ass.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
I'm the head of the official RPGCodex Larian fanclub and I don't even watch the streams, that person has issues
If you're gonna keep pretending you're not on Larian's payroll, you really should avoid modelling in their press events.

rustylarian.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Call spell level tier, circle or whatever. When the magician reaches certain levels, show a notification "new tier of magic available" and with a "help' button which the player can read some explanation like "just like your character has levels, spells has tiers ranging from 0 to 9, You now are a <<insert a homebrew "title">> and can cast spells like <<insert spell examples>>"
Title suggestions
  • Char Lv 1~2 / Spell tier 1 - Novice
  • Char Lv 3~4 / Spell tier 2 - Aspirant
  • Char Lv 5~6 / Spell tier 3 - Fledgling
  • Char Lv 7~8 / Spell tier 4 - Apprentice
  • Char Lv 9~10 / Spell tier 5 - Adept
  • Char Lv 11~13 / Spell tier 6 - Expert
  • Char Lv 13~14 / Spell tier 7 - Master
  • Char Lv 15~16 / Spell tier 8 - Archmage

I doubt that will be a spell level 9 in BG3.

I'm the head of the official RPGCodex Larian fanclub and I don't even watch the streams, that person has issues

I watch this streams while play BF1, or Citadel, or do Aerobic exercises.

Anonona

Learned
I doubt that will be a spell level 9 in BG3.

I'm pretty sure they want to do like the original BG and divide the story on two different games, with the first installment covering roughly levels 1-10 and the second 10-20. So yeah, I'm pretty sure we won't see level/tier/circle 9 spells on BG3, but probably we will in a future BG4 (that is if they do intend to release a BG4)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Behead all magefags, problem solved.

Why this hate about magefags? Did someone used reverse gravity to throw your barb tribe into the space? Or Some evil necromancer enslaved all woman in your barbarian tribe and transformed all males into mindless undead?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Most devs aren't actually that good at their games but he should at least understand the mechanics and rules of the system he is copying.

Elex

Arbiter
Most devs aren't actually that good at their games but he should at least understand the mechanics and rules of the system he is copying.
The thing is other devs clearly understand, is just swen and he is always the one playing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom