Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
We don't need a D2 remaster.

We don't need it, but Bliz
dollars.png
zard wants it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Starcraft Remastered was done well but it didn't result in a true revival.
I'm playing it and it's a pretty good effort in terms of graphics. But it seems like they abandoned it the moment it released. There are no new game modes, no announcers (there are a bajillion Korean ones, though), no extra content alla Nova missions, no co-op, nothing. That's why there's no revival.

Citizen

Crash bandicoot remaster are alright, imroved graphics with untouched core gameplay. Maybe there's hope...

who am I kidding :mixedemotions:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Pinballing between slaving away at new WoW/Overwatch content and hustling out Remasters?

What an unfortunate fate.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
So, they're going to break the original game and force owners of it to download 50 gigabytes of remastered garbage? Can't fucking wait dude.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Everybody wants a good D2 remake... whats the chances, though?

Slimmer than a malnourished crack-meth addict

Lacrymas

Arcane
A good D2 remake should feature more endgame content. Apart from the schizophrenic act design, the lack of varied endgame is what has kept me away from Diablo 2 outside of a playthrough on normal difficulty.

abija

Prophet
Did any of their remakes bring anything more than questionable graphics updates?

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
A good D2 remake should feature more endgame content. Apart from the schizophrenic act design, the lack of varied endgame is what has kept me away from Diablo 2 outside of a playthrough on normal difficulty.
Probably for the best to abstain from adding anything new. Do you seriously expect modern day developers to make good content that fits in Diablo II?

Takamori

Learned
What I wish from this remaster, just pretty graphics not changing the art direction to some fucking horrible cartoony blizzard shit, fix the rune duping exploit on multiplayer and thats it.

What we will get, "REBALANCE", Horrible cartoony shit art direction on the game and they wont fix the rune duping

Reader

Scholar
Probably for the best to abstain from adding anything new. Do you seriously expect modern day developers to make good content that fits in Diablo II?
Modern day developers or old day developers doesn't matter. I seriously doubt that anyone would make new endgame content for D2 when D4 is on the way too.
I'm fine with new remake as is as long as it won't land on its face like Reforged. So tired of waiting for D2 GoG release..

Lacrymas

Arcane
AoE2 Definitive Edition featured new content on release, has an expansion on the way, and it's an older game than Diablo 2. Blizzard want to do the bare minimum, however. Well, not only they, AoE1DE is still a mess, has no new content, and units get stuck on the terrain constantly. They tried to change things up for Refunded, but yeah, we all know how that abortion turned out.

Bara

Arcane
Well they're bringing critical role on blizzcon to sell themselves out for a diablo one shot adventure. They seem to always do these one shots as promotions for announcememts or games like shadow of war.

So blizzard either is desperate to fill in blizzcon time slots or they think they've got some hot news this year.

Betting its diablo 2 remaster unless its something really out of left field and announcement of a official 5e version of Diablo like back in the day.

51WSZBSRRAL.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't games that are this old get released on sites for free?. I suppose this one is too much of a classic.

Zlaja

Arcane
All characters are ugly as fuck now. Especially females (of course). And amazon is now a straight up tranny.

:dead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom