Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Perkel

Arcane
Speaking of char maker graphics. Imho the biggest dongrade is barbarian. Somehow they made him look weak. Like some regular dude with extra paint on it rather than bulky dude.

Next defend sapping all the design identity out of the Assassin and making her the most generic asian woman ever made please. It doesn't even matter if she was originally asian or not before you go down that route, just that they literally took nothing from the original design and call it the same character.

Never played as her, never cared for her. Because never liked WEEB playstyle even back then. The could make out of her 2 meter tall jogger and i wouldn't care.

Perkel

Arcane
Stamina isn't going away. I hoped for QOL here but guess they are autistic enough to not fix it. For those who don't know:

- there is bug(feature?) with stamina where if you run your armor doesn't count
- no one ever liked limited run and i never heard anyone defending it ever so what is the point.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes this would really fit with gothic horror D2 game. Shitty anime makeover for amazon.

Im not complaining about armor and colors but the character looking as a man. You can have any setting and have a attractive female character even in gothic horror. Case in point Diablo 1 and 2.

K9DQbN.jpg

J9Vmb9.jpg

The problem is the pattern of censorship and uglification of art in the West, Amazon looking as a man is completely intentional.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They added turning animations, check how weird it looks at 5:05. Also, it seems there are quite a few FPS drops. And the new UI is terrible.

Lol, they covered andariel's ass. And corrupted rogues are now in skirts. Come on, Perkel tell us more how everything is the same as 2d.

I knew there was something off. I bet they removed the bare tiddies on rogues and succubi too.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You don't understand! Technology was so bad back then they couldn't give clothes to everyone. Now every demon is wearing skirt, like in proper gothic horror!

Perkel

Arcane
Expect downgrades.

That is how it runs in D2 and it is reason why it seems to lag here. Because underlying D2 engine that runs in background with 2D art have issues with those monsters. Game runs at whatever framerate you set but game speed is based on underlying D2 simulation running responding to your clicks.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
The problem is the pattern of censorship and uglification of art in the West, Amazon looking as a man is completely intentional.

Uglification is something you want in gothic theme and is part of theme. Times have trully changed. Apparently every game needs to have cute big butted 16 year olds. I guess when you know that game is 1:1 diablo2 and you can't harp on gameplay you still need to nitpick something.

Can't wait for 4 pages long errata on meaning of amazon jawline because i saw one 3d marketing artpiece and ignore 10 others because it doesn't fit my argument. Also let me tell you about my expert knowledge of diablo and how they niggerfy paladin despite him being nigger since release because apparently russian mongoloids didn't have access to internet or shitty gaming mags and couldn't read that he was black since start as intended.

Or is it just impotent rage because you know you will have to buy it due to online check instead of pirating it ?

:positive:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Uglification is something you want in gothic theme and is part of theme. Times have trully changed. Apparently every game needs to have cute big butted 16 year olds. I guess when you know that game is 1:1 diablo2 and you can't harp on gameplay you still need to nitpick something.

Can't wait for 4 pages long errata on meaning of amazon jawline because i saw one 3d marketing artpiece and ignore 10 others because it doesn't fit my argument. Also let me tell you about my expert knowledge of diablo and how they niggerfy paladin despite him being nigger since release because apparently russian mongoloids didn't have access to internet or shitty gaming mags and couldn't read that he was black since start as intended.

Or is it just impotent rage because you know you will have to buy it due to online check instead of pirating it ?

:positive:

Uglification is not something you want in gothic themes, you want dark themes and visuals which can still be aesthetically beautiful. There are no Western game that has "cute big butted 16 year olds" barely any has even cute ones, women in today games are all ugly. So having ugly character in this game is keeping with the trends. Again Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 had attractive female characters, yet somehow having them look like a man is a upgrade.

Divinity: Original Sin
54286.png

This is how I remembered her. To tiny to to actually care or complain about... Show me the tiny 3d version then I'll judge.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Good mod potential.
They added turning animations, check how weird it looks at 5:05. Also, it seems there are quite a few FPS drops. And the new UI is terrible.

it's not the "turning" it's the stutter + footslidee..ee..eee.eeeee

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Why's the assassin a discount Asian now? She was a cute pale white woman in the original. The assassin NPC you meet in the Kurast Docks is also called Natalya. That ain't a chink name.

Nathir

Liturgist
Imagine being excited and buying a "remaster" of a 20 year old game you already own, made by a company who hasn't released a great product since 2007. And after their last "remaster" of a classic was a complete shitshow that ended up being one of the lowest rated games of all time.

Now check the WC3 reforged announcement and the final product. So many lies. And you still have retards like Perkel telling you everything will be the same and how gud this shit is on day 1.

To be fair this doesn't look that bad overall. But D2 is a great game I can play whenever I want. No reason to spend money on this shit company for a game I already own but worse.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Retards will buy anything and everything so long as it's marketed enough and there are "influencers" soying out about the product. Should come as no surprise that they're incapable of learning.

Nathir

Liturgist
Well they are making another Diablo 2 called "Diablo 4". Maybe you should wait for that instead. From looks it seems to be mish mash between 3 games. D1 artstyle and atmosphere, D2 gameplay, D3 combat feel.

D4 looks nothing as D1 as far as artstyle and atmosphere go.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I just find it amusing more than anything, if you're inferring anything deeper that's on you man.
He's just 'gaslighting'.

To even entertain the idea that they totally don't care about any of this while angrily changing it in every 'remaster' and pushing it in every new game is beyond retarded. They attack anyone stepping out of line, and then turn around and accuse their opposition of caring too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom