Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've always thought they are older in general, though. The youngest looking for me was always either the sorceress or the assassin, which are indeed younger in the remaster too. I never thought the women are like 18, though. You need to have some experience in battle to be able to single-handedly take on the entirety of hell's forces.

As for the sorceress' underboob, I never noticed that. Do people, like, jerk off to these characters in order to notice stuff like that?

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Another great reason to not buy this.

IT is not like you would buy it in first place regardless of what they would do.

I've always thought they are older in general, though. The youngest looking for me was always either the sorcereress or the assassin, which are indeed younger in the remaster too. I never thought the women are like 18, though. You need to have some experience in battle to be able to single-handedly take on the entirety of hell's forces.

Yeah it fits the tone of game better. D2 was often criticized for cartoon graphics compared to D1 which was more dark and gritty.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wait... am I getting this right? People don't like it because a few of the models in the character selection screen don't look attractive?
Sexy women is always a plus but the question isnt that but what they are adding/improving to charge 40 dollars is smaller than the hobo skirt they placed on Andariel. So far, the only thing truly noticeable is the haram modesty skirts to protect land whales fragile egos. Paying 40 dollars for some slightly better effects seems like a ripoff for me, this assuming this thing even works what isnt a given based on Blizzard previous remake. I'm not a teenager anymore to care about first place on ladder bs and why should I play Diablo 2 without sexy women?

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's obviously a rip-off. AoE2: DE is 20 Euro, has added content, and is even cheaper for people who owned HD. I doubt people who own Diablo 2 will get a discount or we'll get any new content. Look at Starcraft 1 remastered - they dropped it like a hot potato the moment it released.

Bara

Arcane
It's obviously a rip-off. AoE2: DE is 20 Euro, has added content, and is even cheaper for people who owned HD. I doubt people who own Diablo 2 will get a discount or we'll get any new content. Look at Starcraft 1 remastered - they dropped it like a hot potato the moment it released.

Well there was Starcraft: Cartooned and then after that dropped

Lacrymas

Arcane

Was that made by Blizzard themselves, though, or the studio that makes the Carbot animations?

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
It's Blizzard. They have legions of mindless retarded drones ready to purchase whatever low effort garbage they spew out. They could've asked for 60 dollars and the dullard drones would still pre-order and defend this zealously.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's Blizzard. They have legions of mindless retarded drones ready to purchase whatever low effort garbage they spew out. They could've asked for 60 dollars and the dullard drones would still pre-order and defend this zealously.

"What, baby can't afford 60 bucks? :smug:"

Codex Year of the Donut
Wait... am I getting this right? People don't like it because a few of the models in the character selection screen don't look attractive?
I don't like censoring past projects for modern soy sensibilities.

Making a less appealing face for a single model on a single screen is... censoring?
So far from the short gameplay video alone they have censored the assassin ass, Andariels ass, and corrupted rogues ass. Where will it end? Clearly somebody at Blizzard hates ass.
DalekFlay will be here soon to inform us that it's not actually censorship.

Bara

Arcane

Was that made by Blizzard themselves, though, or the studio that makes the Carbot animations?

Unsure if nothing else it's content blizzard paid for production of... and then sells for 10 bucks as a separate thing that still requires the remastered.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Unsure if nothing else it's content blizzard paid for production of... and then sells for 10 bucks as a separate thing that still requires the remastered.
I wouldn't exactly call it "content", but yeah, I guess they did invest some resources into it. I guess I compare every remaster with AoE2 now, which nothing can really come close to, even AoE1 (which is still a disaster and needs urgent patching).

Perkel

Arcane
As for the sorcereress' underboob, I never noticed that. Do people, like, jerk-off to these characters in order to notice stuff like that?

You are talking about trolls who never would play it in first place. They are just here because it is something fairly popular and like fat kids in school they seek group acknowledgment between fat kids in rejecting what is popular regardless of its merits.

That was 4chan thing that became mainstream in last 3-4 years. The taletale is always retarded insignificant arguments making out of them game breaking arguments and if there is some history using that history as point of criticism. Since they don't care about playing game they don't even know what are arguments so they latch on any meaningless shit that they can latch on.

This doesn't have name yet. Concern trolling doesn't cut it and doesn't contain selffellatio agenda which is true motive, just trolling also doesn't cut it because trolling is doing something to make someone angry on purpose for lols while those losers do it because they are losers. It is super popular among young kids which is mostly 4chan these days.

Codex Year of the Donut
As for the sorcereress' underboob, I never noticed that. Do people, like, jerk-off to these characters in order to notice stuff like that?

You are talking about trolls who never would play it in first place. They are just here because it is something fairly popular and like fat kids in school they seek group acknowledgment between fat kids in rejecting what is popular regardless of its merits.

That was 4chan thing that became mainstream in last 3-4 years. The taletale is always retarded insignificant arguments making out of them game breaking arguments and if there is some history using that history as point of criticism. Since they don't care about playing game they don't even know what are arguments so they latch on any meaningless shit that they can latch on.
Faggot.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The greatest travesty of the new models really has to be the barbarian.. What the hell happened?

He went from freak beast to your average gym rat who isn't even taking his "supplements" regularly. Is that supposed to be some superhuman idealised version of a musclebound barbarian or someone you walk past semi-regularly on the street?

Sad.

Perkel

Arcane
The greatest travesty of the new models really has to be the barbarian.. What the hell happened?

He went from freak beast to your average gym rat who isn't even taking his "supplements" regularly. Is that supposed to be some superhuman idealised version of a musclebound barbarian or someone you walk past semi-regularly on the street?

Sad.

Apparently all of characters are baased now on real world people. Reason unknown probably they will shot some introduction cimematics for each class character before you start actually play game. Necro is for example Charles Dance known from his role as Lanister in Game of Thrones.

Probably they will have to redo a lot of voices for game too considering it has been 20 years and getting rights to reuse a lot of voices is probably impossible as some of cast members could be dead or long after their carriere. Voice of Deckart Cain is still alive though.

Testownia

Sad.

Apparently all of characters are baased now on real world people. Reason unknown probably they will shot some introduction cimematics for each class character before you start actually playing game. Necro is for example Charles Dance know from his role as Lanister in Game of Thrones.

Probably they will have to redo a lot of voices for game too considering it has been 20 years and getting rights to reuse a lot of voices is probably impossible as some of cast members could be dead or long after their carriere. Voice of Deckart Cain is still alive though.

Paladin - Keith David
Necromancer - Charles Dance
Barbarian - Fulgencio Batista
Sorceress - Diane Guerrero

Those are the one I've identified so far. I KNOW I've seen that Druid guy somewhere, but I still can't pin a name to this face.

Testownia

Sad.

Apparently all of characters are baased now on real world people. Reason unknown probably they will shot some introduction cimematics for each class character before you start actually playing game. Necro is for example Charles Dance know from his role as Lanister in Game of Thrones.

Paladin - Keith David
Necromancer - Charles Dance
Barbarian - Fulgencio Batista
Sorceress - Diane Guerrero

Those are the one I've identified so far. I KNOW I've seen that Druid guy somewhere, but I still can't pin a name to this face.

HA! Found the most interesting one.

Amazon - Rhea Seehorn

Only Druid and Assassin left.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I wouldn't exactly call it "content", but yeah, I guess they did invest some resources into it. I guess I compare every remaster with AoE2 now, which nothing can really come close to, even AoE1 (which is still a disaster and needs urgent patching).

Is AoE2 DE worth playing?

eXalted

Arcane
ZpY4CSh.jpg

They replaced the face of the in-game model of my favorite assassin chick with a generic asian. How could they.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's a fucking travesty. The assassin is some filthy dirty chink cunt, the amazon is a tranny, the druid is a dirty hopeless hobo (and don't you give me any of that "HURR DURR HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY XDDDDDDDDDDDD" nonsense; he looked determined and ready to fuck your shit up in the original, you fucking nigger), the paladin went from a presentable shitskin hero to a disgusting bix nood that'll burn your neighbourhood and chimp out when his masters demand it, the necromancer isn't rocking his Hot Topic manager look anymore and just looks so much older and hopeless, the barbarian is soyed up, less imposing and just generally looks like a larper and a joke and finally the sorceress had her underboob censored, of course.

Fuck you and every single subhuman filthy niggerfied mongrel that looks upon this and sees nothing wrong. Everyone behind this mockery needs to be thrice curse and damned to hell for all eternity. Oh and you worthless trash that exist only to consume whatever shite your masters decide to defecate on your plates, you all deserve to hang high as well. Goddamn.
Pure codex and already my favorite post of 2021 :love:

Perkel

Arcane

Also i forgot the most important part. They fat kids do this on multiple boards at the same time. So the same kind of arguments are everywhere repeated as if to make them more viable.

Nice thing about codex was always that it followed its own path not caring what rest of internet thought about subject. Unfortunutelly in recent years i see codex being more mainstream with its opinion. You can see exact same type of argument made on 4chan. Basically subhumans from 4chan are spitting out their mongoloid arguments.

There should be some nice gas chamber to fill those retards and fix that problem. Alas they are mostly kids and if you kill those new ones will either way pop up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom