Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm just waiting for them to announce the Barbarian as gay and just savor the tears of people who realize they've been playing a gay guy for 20 years.

He does look a bit like a gym queen admittedly.

Robber Baron

Savant
I'm even the one that posted that image from the original game.

I was using Grotesque's post as a reference if you're not insisting on artistic integrity of this "remaster" then have my apologies

my take on paladin
pala.jpg

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm just waiting for them to announce the Barbarian as gay and just savor the tears of people who realize they've been playing a gay guy for 20 years.

Imagine believing someone with that much muscle not being extremely homosexual.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine believing someone with that much muscle not being extremely homosexual.
I guess China are down yet another character. Necro because skellingtons, Paladin because black man, Barb because gay. It's almost as if pointlessly hating everything leaves you with precious few allies.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Video game character design is all about having badass guys and sexy women. It's not ROCKETS, folks. Look at what "non-sexualizing" has done to characters like Lara Croft. This woman used to be an icon, a video game duchess. At one point she was the face of magazines everywhere.

Now? Who is Lara Croft? They tried to make her realistic and "appeal" to women the world over by showing great strength. Didn't turn out that way because she's just a bland, witless, dullard that looks like an over-the-hill-and-down-she-goes single mother roastie that constantly carries this haggard and disheveled look to her. Lara Croft used to have edge to her, she had moxy, and she had WONDERFUL tits. I can't stress enough how back in the '90s just how stunningly immaculate her tits were to us boys. If they pulled modern day Lara on us back then nobody would have bought that shit, game would have been landfill material.

Video games are supposed to be MAN LAND. You can't just come waltzing in to the castle and start demanding changes. The women that look like sex objects are the women that carry more charisma and presentation value and they should. Most of these invaders that come in demanding ugly women are bitches that are too lazy to use make-up and can fit in guy jeans. Sloppy, slovenly dime a dozen pieces that don't deserve your cock in their decrepit folds and that's HARD FACTS.

FAhvQl2.jpg

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It is 1:1 remaster not remake. Old engine runs in background. So there is nothing really to show because everything will be as you remember from D2 aside from graphics.

Old engine is nowhere to be found. Diablo 2 source code has been lost, according to David Brevik and others. Vicarious Visions is taking Diablo 3/4 engine and upgrading it so it can handle per-class items, real town portals, dungeon randomization, and all the other superior features that were missing from Diablo 3, at the same time as they try and match Diablo 2's visuals and approximate its damage/armor/weapons/spell timings/etc.

It is a tremendous and almost heroic task.

Turns out I was wrong. Those fuckers at Blizzard had Diablo 2 source code all along. Which is actually great.

Bladderfish

Augur
I'm sure this has been said already, but fuck me the Amazon looks bad. Not only does that face say twenty years older, haggard and unattractive, but there's an utter lifelessness there that is frightening. It is almost like Blizzard want me to play a washed-up, post menopausal female who is dead on the inside and just didn't give a shit anymore.

I mean, it's unique, I'll give them that. But it doesn't really scream empowerment, does it?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Preach, brother. Else why would most transgenders use anime profile pictures? That shit is poisoning people's minds: at the inability to bang the anime girl, they have decided to become the (poor imitation of) anime girl.

Sorry, but that's your opinion based on "character ugly, fucking SJWs ruining muh games".
It's pretty much the current punching game in videogames. If anything is changed in a way that reduces sex appeal, then surely there must be an agenda going on! And yet, people tend to change their mind on things they have worked on in the past, because times change and people change too. I dislike games I used to think were great, and I enjoy games I used to think were shit. Likewise, back then the devs must have thought "this Amazon chick is banging!", and now they may have thought "this character looks retarded".

How many times should something be uglified before people like you admit that there is agenda.

brrjIe.jpg

6LpiJH.jpg

xZItwR.jpg
PkYbuj.jpg

jehPnQ.jpg

In the future, we will end with every character in videogames looking like an anime girl because that's all gamers seem to care about. And like those gacha games, the gameplay will be shit but since you can coom to the games, all's fine.

We are not talking about Asian games but Western ones, this is how female characters look in them.

8iKtxJ.jpg

Rvx7RT.jpg

8xUkPE.jpg

hZP91V.jpg

68uyp5.jpg

wVPpge.jpg

9IQIz9.png

92hFsP.jpg

A7UNa4.jpg

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I'm even the one that posted that image from the original game.

I was using Grotesque's post as a reference if you're not insisting on artistic integrity of this "remaster" then have my apologies

my take on paladin

Maybe show this on Reddit or wherever the devs take feedback. They said they are listening. Who knows, it might work. I mean it's lorefriendly but D2 Pala had a different ethnicity. What was it by the way? Egyptian? Indian?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The talk about them making the Paladin black is stupid given he was black before. I can kind of get missing this in the in-game model, but he's very clearly a black guy in the art for the magazine ad.

full
That doesn't look like official Blizzard artwork to me, lots of ads outsource the art. For a rather infamous example, look at the hairy mutant ad for Fallout.
For reference, these are official Blizzard depictions at the time.
Diablo-10-Things-Fans-Need-To-Know-About-The-Paladin-featured-image.jpg

Looks like some kind of north african/arab/indian/possibly Ethiopian.
You are right rusty, we do need a cope button badly. Also the pic on the left looks almost exactly like Cafu the soccer player.
You'd have to be blind to think that looks remotely like this
image.png
The original paladin was black, even though his skin tone was not as black as the new one. So what? Are you some closet racist? And just for the record, the low poly drawing on the upper picture is full on black, so there is no big difference anyway.

There are countless exampless for diversification and uglification in gaming, even in this game (the women FFS), but it's ridiculous that for some people just sawing a black person in a game is triggering.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
It's disgusting to see this argument unfold as if WE made race and gender an issue when in fact it was Blizzard and Vicarious Visions who deemed it necessary to change these things in order to fit their modern views.

It's not us making a big deal out of this, its them. They decided these things were problems that needed fixing.

But hey, if you don't like it you're just a bigot and a racist, right.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
At least we get to have all the racists revealed and coming out of the woodwork right here in this thread. They should be banned from the codex.

A BLACK MAN IN MY COMPUTER GAME. HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG:: OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Perkel

Arcane
There are countless exampless for diversification and uglification in gaming, even in this game (the women FFS), but it's ridiculous that for some people just sawing a black person in a game is triggering.

There was a reason why codex hid political discussion in wake of gamergate and made it members only. Shitload of weebs hoped on here from 4chan in that time as if we would support those sad fuckers in their retardation and muh anime tities.

4chan weebo sperm refuse are even worse than SJWs. SJWs at least are retarded but they did less harm to normal people that those weebs popularizing trannies and other garbage now they claim they are against but furiously masturbate in their spare time to.

So much butthurt. "BOOHOO! HOW DARE YOU TO NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT SHITTY REMASTER!"

Am i hearing it right ? Weeb tranny loser is crying in corner.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Am i hearing it right ? Weeb tranny loser is crying in corner.
Said known whore who will suck any dick in sight. "you dont's like shitty store - steamtard!" "you don't like trannies - weeb!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom