Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The necromancer is the only one that seems to be an improvement over the original. It's well done. Maintained the same character/style, less goofy looking(and more thematically fitting in a Diablo game)
D2-R-Necromancer.jpg

Druid is also pretty alright.
I don't know whether he isn't too old. In the sense that the Necro in Diablo 3 is the same guy, so would he be like 80+ years old then? I don't know whether they can artificially extend their life, though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Every single character looks old and tired. Which, again, is against the ~*lore*~ since the characters are all younger less experienced people sent to investigate what's going on in Tristram.

Perkel

Arcane
I mean, I get the righteous hate directed at the weeb freaks, but the fact you use 4chan to make some sort of a point, which quite literally originated as a place for weebs to congregate in and jack over Asuka with the m00t on the helm of this coom ship just seems bizarre.

The reason why you have reinhart and other weebs here arguing is because there is currently 4chan hate thread started by weebs like them and they got shit all over in that cesspit of weebs. So they go cry here. Which is typical behavior of filthy degenerate like them. Filfy degenerates seek attention.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You could make the argument that making him subsaharan is also racist as it indicates the developers think some non-white people are more important than others.

To be honest, he doesn't really look SSA either. Dunno what the fuck he is. Australian aboriginal/Bantu mix?

Dravidian would fit thematically and some of them look very much like Abos. But they generally don't have crinkly hair.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I mean, I get the righteous hate directed at the weeb freaks, but the fact you use 4chan to make some sort of a point, which quite literally originated as a place for weebs to congregate in and jack over Asuka with the m00t on the helm of this coom ship just seems bizarre.

The reason why you have reinhart and other weebs here arguing is because there is currently 4chan hate thread started by weebs like them and they got shit all over in that cesspit of weebs. So they go cry here. Which is typical behavior of filthy degenerate like them. Filfy degenerates seek attention.
No, bitch, it's because of your corporate cocksucking in this thread. If you can't understand such simple thing you are even more retarded than i thought.

Suicidal

Arcane
This r/incels tier discussion about the Amazon's perceived gender is much more entertaining than this remaster will ever be. Please carry on.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't know whether he isn't too old. In the sense that the Necro in Diablo 3 is the same guy, so would he be like 80+ years old then? I don't know whether they can artificially extend their life, though.

Necro from D3 is not the same necro from D2. Same as barb from D3 is not the same one from D2. D3 happens i think decades after 2 but who fucking cares about that train-wreck of a story.

Every single character looks old and tired. Which, again, is against the ~*lore*~ since the characters are all younger less experienced people sent to investigate what's going on in Tristram.

bullcrap. Everytime you interact with any npcs he outright is amazed by you. All D2 characters were had some form of glory to them already usually by being in some elite order/group not some random rookies like rogues from encampment. imho it is just a nod from devs to 20 years old between d2 and remaster because each character looks like 20 years older then hey were in D2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The necromancer is the only one that seems to be an improvement over the original. It's well done. Maintained the same character/style, less goofy looking(and more thematically fitting in a Diablo game)

Any self respecting Necromancer extends their life. :D

Codex Year of the Donut

It fits with his lore.
From the D2 manual
Long hours of study in dank mausolea have made his skin pale and corpselike, his figure, skeletal.

Perkel

Arcane
if i remember correctly necros in D2 aren't typical necros. They are more of a religious cult than immortality/litchlife seekers. If you play D2 you can hear necro often commenting about death and life cycle and how demons disrupted it.

i confused it with some other game

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Necro from D3 is not the same necro from D2. Same as barb from D3 is not the same one from D2. D3 happens i think decades after 2 but who fucking cares about that train-wreck of a story.
Huh, you are right, I had the false impression that both the male Barb and Necro are the same people from Diablo 2.

Wunderbar

Arcane

D3 allowed you to play as a female necromancer. Are you trying to tell me that he can change his sex too?

Codex Year of the Donut

D3 allowed you to play as a female necromancer. Are you trying to tell me that he can change his sex too?
The gender shit also ruined the barbarian's story. He was originally meant to be the same barbarian from D2.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
bullcrap. Everytime you interact with any npcs he outright is amazed by you. All D2 characters were had some form of glory to them already usually by being in some elite order/group not some random rookies like rogues from encampment.

How does that contradict what I said you mong. Of course they're all members of some sort of elite culture or other, but novices regardless. The sorceress and the necro took on apprentices later on because they became incredibly experienced from their adventures.

Codex Year of the Donut
The necromancer definitely wasn't young.
289295-diablo-ii-render.jpg

From "Necromancer - How He Was Built" artwork CD by Blizzard North included in an edition of Game Developers Magazine.

The Jester

Cipher
Infinitron Crispyㅤ Can we please have racists and bigots like Reinhardt banned? Possibly also rusty.

Serves no other purpose than to spew anti-semetic and racist remarks without any purposeful arguments and only hate speech. Spamming 4chan shit.
Nah, it's better to have this shit in the open to know which person to ignore. You don't want to find out about these things on the third fuck. I'm not a misogynist, but women in media should be objects for my sexual pleasure. I'm not racist, but what is this yellow ching chong chink and the monkey-man doing in my video game.

I'm not a misogynist
But I am.
women in media should be objects for my sexual pleasure
Yes.
I'm not racist
But I am.
what is this yellow ching chong chink and the monkey-man doing in my video game
Yes.

Your buzzwords have no power here, racism and sexism is completely natural and there is nothing wrong with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom