Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Gregz

Arcane
Why would I want to play this instead of Path of Exile? PoE is free, gets a new league with new mechanics every 3-4 months, and is not owned by asshole corporate behemoth.

PoE plays like old people fuck, and the economy is owned by bot farmers.

Eisen

Learned
Why would I want to play this instead of Path of Exile? PoE is free, gets a new league with new mechanics every 3-4 months, and is not owned by asshole corporate behemoth.
all you do in path of exile is run around while everything explodes around you constantly with 3000 different auras and your entire screen turns white because of all the spell effects at the same time
that's the entire game
you forgot the part where you need to sperg about economy

DeepOcean

Arcane
Problem is that on D2, the Paladin looked like a Mulato Alpha dude, now he looks like an old black dude dying of colon cancer.

flushfire

Augur
Nv1zTST.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Was i racist then? No, what bothered me is that a black Paladin made no sense. It bothered me because it ruined the archetype.

You know what never bothered me? The sorcerer from D1 also being black. The sorcerer being black didn't even register in my brain but the black paladin did.

Sounds like a you problem you humongous larping faggot. Paladin in Diablo 2 wasn't about removing kebab in the middle ages.

Buuulshit if you didn't find it strange too.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Problem is that on D2, the Paladin looked like a Mulato Alpha dude, now he looks like an old black dude dying of colon cancer.

51386-diablo-ii-collector-s-edition-windows-inside-cover.jpg

the fun fact is that on the box cover of the D2 collector's edition, the paladin is so white that it barely passes as a negro/meso-whatever.
:)

the marketing department said... "hold on a second... let's make some last minute tweaks" :)

ahem

upload_2021-2-21_22-34-19.png

upload_2021-2-21_22-33-58.png

you should be ashamed of yourself for being so blissfully ignorant

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
1) a HD remake of a 2001 game is supposed to look like a 2001 game, just in higher res (not an easy thing to achieve, actually) isn't having it recognizably look like a product of 2021 a failure to achieve the basic idea?

2) D2 was never gothic fantasy like D1, it was always heroic fantasy - where the heroes are by definition larger-than-life, impossibly perfect paragons of their archetype: beautiful, intense, powerful, intriguing...

what's the point of having "heroic" characters that range from an ugly side of average to "why are you allowed outside without a paper bag over your head"? it's so very 2021 and damn pointless

is it a game about slaying legions of demons with an impossibly perfect hero avatar, or a "mature" game about overcoming mental issues and systemic oppression, and finally finding gainful employment in a society?

_sorc.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

51386-diablo-ii-collector-s-edition-windows-inside-cover.jpg

the fun fact is that on the box cover of the D2 collector's edition, the paladin is so white that it barely passes as a negro/meso-whatever.
:)

the marketing department said... "hold on a second... let's make some last minute tweaks" :)

ahem

View attachment 17868

View attachment 17867

you should be ashamed of yourself for being so blissfully ignorant

As far i understand it, Tencent doesn't usually give a shit in most cases.

Pressure comes either from the Chinese government itself or it's western companies cucking preemptively on their own.

flushfire

Augur
1) a HD remake of a 2001 game is supposed to look like a 2001 game, just in higher res (not an easy thing to achieve, actually) isn't having it recognizably look like a product of 2021 a failure to achieve the basic idea?
Current politics changes aside I think they did a pretty good job with the in-game look to be honest. D4 is what looks like every other 2021 arpg.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
what's the point of having "heroic" characters that range from an ugly side of average to "why are you allowed outside without a paper bag over your head"? it's so very 2021 and damn pointless
I think modern art in general represents what's going on in the world's psyche, and what's going on there is really ugly.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I remember Kripp back when he was in a room with zero furniture talking thirty-minutes about D3 while his giant head bobbled around a malnourished body. He's come a long way.

r/Diablo is an absolute shitshow right now. Blizz claims they hear everyone on the ugly character models though.

Of course, when Blizz acknowledges this, their post gets flooded by a barrage of posts from ResetEra troons begging them not to listen because the chain-smoking Tranazon looks totally fine.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Although it blows me away that many of the Codex's denizens don't get enough of this nonsense in GD and need it to spill into Gen RPG for some reason, I can't decide which is funnier: tranazon or ma'amazon. So at least the thread had one (sort of) redeeming thing going on in it.

Either way though, you literally never see your character's detailed face again after selecting a character unless they changed something. After that it's all your tiny icon. Who cares?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom