Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Lhynn

Arcane
unknown.png

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gregz beat me to it,
fakenews.png

Seeing how woke the nuBlizzard is it would take a miracle if they change Amazon into anything resembling an actually attractive female.

If there is a chance to make the amazon younger (but not necessarily also beautiful ), I think there are zero chances to make the negro with more Caucasian features.
cafu.jpg

Imagine the shitshow it would ensue if they did this. BLM activists will take to the streets and New York Times will write on the front page how Vicarious Visions conceded to racists and Dildolos aka Daedalos will cut his "penis" on live TV in sign of protest.

Citizen

Now that I think of it, the amazon's face is a classically good-looking face of a middle aged white man. Maybe the art team made it as a head mesh for some male character, but after a woke manager told them they are not allowed to make handsome white men characters they just slapped it onto an amazon body out of spite?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Quick reminder that warrior womens is a fantasy to begin with.

You were being slowly boiled for years and you never noticed.
Yeah, I dont think any men that has working neurons believe women can fight to save their lives in real life, most are too lazy to not be obese, let alone fight. However, athletic, fit women on sexy clothing jumping around is still amusing. On a certain way, traditional warrior women heroic stereorypes are the dreams of males, women that arent lazy, fit, disciplined, responsible, loyal, useful, not so dependent and sexy at the same time, basically unicorns because women cant achieve those things. On a way, many males since Ancient Times wished for women to have some men's qualities but still remaining feminine and fuckable. Warrior women myths are part of that fantasy.

However, the SJW version of warrior women is pretend discount men, SJW did more of a hijacking of the stereotype than really created it, they gone from making idealistic dream women to sub male trannies. Traditional warrior women were basically made for male ideals, now they are making them like trannies for the mythical female audience that doesnt play video games but supposedly would if they could play as trannies, it is just ideology. Most women dont respond well to challenge, competition , violence and they are much more interested on social group interactions, the stuff women like is very hard to make video games for assuming women would like to be alone doing something that isnt social what they really hate, most will ever play video games males play because the basic game loop on those games dont appeal to their Nature.

So, leftist ideology creates this strange world where publishers cant afford to not make games for the male audiences as males are pretty much 95% of gamers so all those games and have game loops focused on what males like but at same time they believe that having those trannies would make women want to play videogames because, based on ideology, women are the same as men and they arent playing because of toxic masculinity, male gaze or similar nonsense and not that maybe just their Nature is different.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

Ever since this idiot claimed missing assets (the same assets locked inside game files and easily accessible via third party software for the past 20 years) I disregard everything he says.

Oh, too bad they didn't have you on the remastered team to tell them that all the assets they crave are "locked" inside the game files and instead they went on a half a year detective trail to speak with present and former devs, look into the archives, dig up old hard drives etc
Stupid people... the amount of money you could've saved them.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
upload_2021-2-22_16-39-47.png

upload_2021-2-22_16-38-15.png

someone ask nicely this degenerate, that projects in games the objects of his sexual desires (according to retards around here), to give nuBlizzard_North (former Vicarious Visions) the max files on the amazon :)
Cx-2IofUkAAr8Nr

Last edited:
I remember enjoying Grim Dawn the most out of the clones, but haven't played it in years and haven't tried any DLC. Is the full version overall improvement or decline compared to main game?

Duralux for Durabux

I cannot understand how you can extract fun out of Diablo 2's clones or even DIablo 2. Click (with a touch or 2) on the mob till it dies and eventually drop something interesting, rise and repeat, story adds nothing of value. That's the whole point of the game, Repeating the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again until you become overwhelmingly borred to death of making the same thing. Diablo 2 should'nt even gross a tiny bit of hope of something remotidly good.

Testownia

I cannot understand how you can extract fun out of Diablo 2's clones or even DIablo 2. Click (with a touch or 2) on the mob till it dies and eventually drop something interesting, rise and repeat, story adds nothing of value. That's the whole point of the game, Repeating the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again until you become overwhelmingly borred to death of making the same thing. Diablo 2 should'nt even gross a tiny bit of hope of something remotidly good.

Meditation is based around repetition, as are rituals. They cleanse the soul. That's the point of most "simple" video games. That's what many people define as "fun" - that feeling of cleansing one's spirit.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
I remember enjoying Grim Dawn the most out of the clones, but haven't played it in years and haven't tried any DLC. Is the full version overall improvement or decline compared to main game?
Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods are both great expansions and add quite a good deal to the game, improving it a lot. Definitely worth replaying Grim Dawn with them.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Carrot on a stick with killer art style and atmosphere.

It's the same principle that makes people addicted to raiding in MMOs except the Diablo formula is more immediate and direct.

PoE understood this while D3 didn't, hence why boss fights in PoE last 2m while they last five hours in D3.

The Diablo formula is essentially an RPG spreadsheet with a fine gloss. The fun is watch numbers go up, dopamine rush from getting rare loot, and the pleasure of watching the performance of your character build.

It is what RPGs would be like without any pretention. You say you care about story or interaction in Baldur's Gate but the truth is that you just want to loot shit and see that plus sign next to your character.

If conventional RPGs are fruits Diablo is refined sugar.

At the highest level, the game becomes an exercise in autism as the theory crafting takes over everything. In games like Diablo or WoW, eventually the numbers war against the enemies become so elevated you end up being forced to rely on fine tuning provided by whoever figures out every theoretical nook and cranny first.

Thus, eventually it means you MUST use a certain build and you MUST use a certain combination of items and PoE strived to get out of that trap with their unique skill tree and other means. Whether they succeed or not i can't say but i got to level 90 when the game came out and i thought the effort to keep the game varied even at the end game was commendable. PoE was clearly made by people who understood Diablo 2 in and out.

TL;DR version: dopamine addiction and numbers autism.

Last edited:
It's why I laugh at these dear button monkeys shitting on TQ, Grimdawn or what have you - claiming they are "boring", as if the basic formula was somehow changed from Diablo 2 - it was merely expanded upon and elaborated further. TQ shits mechanically all over Diablo 2 judging by the sheer technical variety you have at your disposal, but no one will admit it because slaying some of the sacred cows of past times isn't that much of a "monocled" behavior, innit. Sure, you can argue about atmosphere and we can discuss our preferences in it, but many of the clones have an identical or improved gameplay formula.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
upload_2021-2-22_17-54-39.png

so I've showed this cropped image to an attractive 40 years old female and asked her whose face does she think it is, male or female.

the answer was male.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Grimdawn or what have you - claiming they are "boring"
Grim Dawn's gameplay is superb and the game's a boatload of fun, but for me at least, what makes it feel boring sometimes is the dreadfully mediocre and uninteresting soundtrack coupled with the, at times, muddy graphics and non-existent atmosphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom