Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
Well like I said, as long as you Enlarge Person him, you'll be fine. I will say that some archers do like to pick our your low AC characters quite frequently so be prepared for that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Interesting, can you specify all the sources of +damage you were able to find? I presume at least one of them is the Sorcerer element-associated one.
I wanted to do lightning themed nuker, so I've only done my research on that element and here's how you get to +5 bonus:
Kingmaker-2021-02-06-00-38-37-11.png

Kingmaker-2021-02-06-00-38-44-09.png

Kingmaker-2021-02-06-00-39-55-31.png

Kingmaker-2021-02-06-00-39-59-24.png

Kingmaker-2021-02-06-00-40-11-53.png
  1. Is a bloodline feature for primal sorcerers (dragon sorcs get a similar thing), this is acquired automatically on level 1;
  2. Is a bloodline ability that you can get on level 1, I honestly don't know if this ability is unique to primal sorcerers or other archetypes can get it too;
  3. Is an amulet crafted by Mim, it's a tier 0 item so there are no requirements for it to be crafted;
  4. Is a cloak that you can get if you finish Regongar quest line;
  5. The robe is Sharel's masterpiece item.
I only have the first 3, I spawned the other items via bag of tricks just to show their descriptions.
Look at what I found.

6gZQzyl.jpg

I had no idea it even existed, it's not in any of the online databases.

Context: this guy is a travelling salesman you can encounter when roaming the map, I encountered him in Chapter 4 (Varnhold Vanishing). I don't think you can get it before CH4, he specifically opened dialogue on this occasion by telling me he had new items.

Shame it's not fire.

Sjukob

Arcane
Look at what I found.
Yeah, I know about it. I roomaged through kingmaker wiki before making my post about "+1 damage per dice rolled" stuff. The questions is, what are you going to do with acid damage? There are like 2 spells that synergize well with it - acidic spray and caustic eruption. Acidic spray is basically dragon breath + additional DOT, which is fine, but acidic eruption would require either elemental protection spell spam or some insane positioning if you are running a party and not playing solo. Of course, elemental bloodline would give you acid hands and acid ray, but it's still not good enough compared to what fire and lightning elements offer.

Delterius

Arcane
If only Blood Arcanist made it in.... you could have Arcane's bonuses to DC (+3 with metamagic and chosen school)... together with Exploit's (+2 with Potent Magic several times a day). Throw in gnome's illusion (+1) or foxfolk's enchantment (+1 as well), School Focus (+2). Why even give the enemy a fighting chance?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If only Blood Arcanist made it in.... you could have Arcane's bonuses to DC (+3 with metamagic and chosen school)... together with Exploit's (+2 with Potent Magic several times a day). Throw in gnome's illusion (+1) or foxfolk's enchantment (+1 as well), School Focus (+2). Why even give the enemy a fighting chance?

Now read Eldritch Font. Add in Mythic abilities and Gear and you'll get there fine. And will need to.

There's a ring (you can get it two places) from an early hard optional Army fight that gives +5 UMD and +2 Illusion DC. Both Nenio and Sosiel have extra Illusion spells.

Delterius

Arcane

Now read Eldritch Font. Add in Mythic abilities and Gear and you'll get there fine. And will need to.

There's a ring (you can get it two places) from an early hard optional Army fight that gives +5 UMD and +2 Illusion DC. Both Nenio and Sosiel have extra Illusion spells.
Eldritch Font's surge can't stack with the Arcanist's standard DC increase.

Desiderius

Patron
We’ll see about that.

Owlcat likes ‘em stacked.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Restarted the game and going to play as Sage Sorc in turn based. Think stats were 10 str, 13 dex, 12 con, 20 int, 10 wish, 10 cha.

Took improved initiative and spell focus illusion as the feats. Seems like the major questions for a full Sorc build will be what spells to take. Took Grease and Shield for now.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Restarted the game and going to play as Sage Sorc in turn based. Think stats were 10 str, 13 dex, 12 con, 20 int, 10 wish, 10 cha.

Took improved initiative and spell focus illusion as the feats. Seems like the major questions for a full Sorc build will be what spells to take. Took Grease and Shield for now.
> specializes in Illusion
> doesn't start with any Illusion spells

At least take Color Spray instead of Grease if you care about the RP, bro.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

> specializes in Illusion
> doesn't start with any Illusion spells

At least take Color Spray instead of Grease if you care about the RP, bro.

I'm averse to picking up spells that become less effective on higher hd enemies with a Sorc. Grease is working well enough for now.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm averse to picking up spells that become less effective on higher hd enemies with a Sorc. Grease is working well enough for now.

It does always Stun (very underrated condition, and if you use an extend Rod it extends the Stun duration), but then you've got DC problems, but same there for Grease.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tabletop Pathfinder doesn't have this issue. It allows you to retrain lower level spells in addition to gaining new spells on level up. It's unfortunate Owlcat did not implement this system.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Guys, could you suggest good metamagic feats? I know about Quicken spell and Extend spell being good, but I am very confused about other, since one guide tells you that Dazing spell is shit and other tells you otherwise, saw people praising maximize spell - all guides shitting on maximize spell like hell. I know about rods existing, but not sure if cotw added rods with new metamagic into the game + arcanist have specific "metamixing exploit" and I don't know would this work on rods or not. Problem is that in the end I went with four man party and my arcanist school savant is main caster in the group (blast, cc, some buffs like haste and energy/aligiment protection and divination buff) and hedge witch is secondary (planned or her to use necromancy and enchantment on her, but she ended up spamming hexes only and some heal/support spells not available to arcanist). My group is doing well, I think,(probably thanks godlike martials in my party) but I have uneasy feeling that every time I ended up picking metamagic feat - it's a trap and dead weight in feat list.

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys, could you suggest good metamagic feats? I know about Quicken spell and Extend spell being good, but I am very confused about other, since one guide tells you that Dazing spell is shit and other tells you otherwise, saw people praising maximize spell - all guides shitting on maximize spell like hell. I know about rods existing, but not sure if cotw added rods with new metamagic into the game + arcanist have specific "metamixing exploit" and I don't know would this work on rods or not. Problem is that in the end I went with four man party and my arcanist school savant is main caster in the group (blast, cc, some buffs like haste and energy/aligiment protection and divination buff) and hedge witch is secondary (planned or her to use necromancy and enchantment on her, but she ended up spamming hexes only and some heal/support spells not available to arcanist). My group is doing well, I think,(probably thanks godlike martials in my party) but I have uneasy feeling that every time I ended up picking metamagic feat - it's a trap and dead weight in feat list.
I feel like the issue with Maximise and Empower is that they're a little bit 'win more' and blasting isn't a particularly efficient way to win encounters anyway.

Unless you're an Arcane Trickster... and then you just use rods?

Desiderius

Patron

Main thing is you can only use one Rod at a time. I know he has all meta rods at the Depths vendor. Maximize tends to be necessary to make the various nukes worth it but I usually use Rod for that since it tacks on three levels? There's a Robe that gives you six per rest as well.

CotW has some nice feats where you mix and match meta or get special benefit from having three. Don't just read guides to tell you what sucks or not, read to see their reasoning then test it to see if it's right. Daze is bad on things that are immune obviously but control + damage is what makes Kineticist so good so against things with weak Will it's great.

Yosharian

Arcane
On a related note I wasn't able to get the Quicken rod working properly. Dunno why. Just seems to cast things like a regular spell.

Parabalus

Arcane
You can also get free extends with the perfect component belts and with Oculus for all spell levels.

EA has selective spell which I found to be the most useful one, felt very OP though.

Yosharian

Arcane
You can also get free extends with the perfect component belts and with Oculus for all spell levels.

EA has selective spell which I found to be the most useful one, felt very OP though.
Yeah Oculus extending ALL spells is like... damn I wish I'd told Tristian to go fuck himself and taken that thing, Lawful Good playthrough be damned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom