Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
There's only five magic essences in Act 1, not six.

One is in the Tower of Estrod.
One is in Gwerm's Mansion.
One is in Blackwing Library.
Two are in the Gray Garrison.

The Belt Buckle is found in the Marketplace, in the southern part, the house with the Brimorak.

Salvo

Arcane
I got Haste on first playthrough without finishing Desna quests, but telling Inquisitor to leave them alone. But finishing it made them put demons to sleep.

Haste comes from the guys you rescue from the Library, not the Azatas. They're easy to miss if you just talk to Storyteller but they also open doors and Dispel charm from the Succubus recruits.

I did the Desna quest but didn't get the Sleep. I think I might have gotten it once? Do you have to kill Hulruun?

You can either get Hulrun OR the Desnans. If you don't kill Hulrun, no matter the outcome of Ramien's and his adepts quest, you get the Inquisitors to help you in the Garrison. (Provided you ask him to come along.)

If you do slay him then you get the Desnans. Other help you can get are the Thieflings that show you the secret way in and the Knightly Order from the Library, which are the ones casting the Haste ritual.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Heh, the Ember thing got me again with Blood Kinetic. If you autocast their alternative attak thingie while having no weapons (kinetic duh) they come to punch the enemy pretty often.

I did the Desna quest but didn't get the Sleep. I think I might have gotten it once? Do you have to kill Hulruun?
I mean you should be able to persuade him by picking [Angel].
That's what I did this time but didn't go to tower yet so don't know what boni they will give me.

I was thinking of doing something like sorc 6/signifer 4/EK 10 for my lich run but if you can do enough melee damage without EK I might skip it since sorcerer already has delayed spell progression.
I'm not sure I get this, you won't reach spells as free for eternity and Lich giving you arcane spells naturally makes you want to pick class that uses divine/natur selfbuffs, not another arcane class.
Lich gives you arcane buffs and Shield +6 +immunity to criticals and +5 ab dmg all saves haste prebuff (power from the dead), vampiric weapon and no spell resist, no enemy save, Slow (siphon Time). I would build around this and pick some +15 ab casting class, or magus, or whatever.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How do you get past the rubble in the basement in the market square?

The one where a shadow demons deals cold damage when you try to clear it.
Aside from using light of the heaven, you're given a see invis scroll and a scroll of faerie fire on the corpse there. Use the scroll and the shadow demon becomes visible to fight.

What I did wrong was using them near the door, the demon is right next to the corpse itself.

Interesting... I've used the see invis scroll right by the cave-in and it still revealed the shadow demon even though it was back by the corpse. Might have just barely been close enough, I guess.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I always pick Angel. Just started fully resolving quest before heading to Daeran's Place. You have to keep repeatedly talking a couple times. Still didn't get sleep I don't think. Which Demons do they do it to?

BTW, yes that Cambion Alchemist place is tough. I cheesed it with you know, the thing.

but I think key is burning down the Mimic instead of trying to run by it. It's just too fat and will ranch you with AoOs.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Mostly those solitary groups of fatties who cast Inflict Wounds. And I think 2 babaus too.
idk how many monster groups look without extra mobs=On but in one encounter at least it makes it less annoying on Hard because out of 4 dudes say 2 babu go sleep.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes but on Hard there sometimes extra monsters between u and them.

generally extra monsters very disappoint me because they often don't add variance but literally copy same monsters. in tutorial dungeon room with 1 stronk barbarian mongrel, you get 2 mongrels.
in Ember quest, instead of 1 glabrezu and 1 dude you get 2 glabrezu 2 dudes 2 minotaurs, afaik.
during swarm rush instead of vrok you get 3 vroks (or is it 1 vrok/2 vroks/3 vroks depending on difficulty?).

it's kinda :abyssgazer:

I expected that it adds like, instead of 2 smilodons u get 2 smilodons and 1 undead druid well you know, meaningful shit. instead it's just 3 undead smilodons. [kitten. gif.]

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
What mythic path would you take for Zen Archer PC?
They all seem meh.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
What mythic would you take for Zen Archer PC?
They all seem meh.

You can’t be serious. All the Ranged ones are insane.

It’s all about stacking bonuses and all that shit is untyped. Cleaving wasn’t working when I tried it but both halves of that would be nuts too.

Mythic Feats six of one half dozen of the other. I took Deadly Aim since it gives you a little up front and really adds up over time with all your Perfect Strike Crits.

If you want to go hardcore Mythic Initiative is probably the strongest.

Parabalus

Arcane
What mythic would you take for Zen Archer PC?
They all seem meh.

You can’t be serious. All the Ranged ones are insane.

It’s all about stacking bonuses and all that shit is untyped. Cleaving wasn’t working when I tried it but both halves of that would be nuts too.

Mythic Feats six of one half dozen of the other. I took Deadly Aim since it gives you a little up front and really adds up over time with all your Perfect Strike Crits.

If you want to go hardcore Mythic Initiative is probably the strongest.

Ah, not the feats, meant the path itself.

The feats looks pretty nutty. Good to know cleaving might be bugged.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
So, I managed to do the ENTIRE Siege of Drezen without resting, and am feeling like a proper player for once. Luckily I had a lot of health pots stashed away.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, there’s not many ways to remove corruption so it may be even more stringent that P:K on that front.

Make sure to remove all corruption before you start!

Desiderius

Patron
Oh he’s playing MC?

Trickster gives you some sneaks. Azata a melee companion.

Seems like Aeon is most Zen tho. You win a fair fight so make it fair.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not sure I get this, you won't reach spells as free for eternity and Lich giving you arcane spells naturally makes you want to pick class that uses divine/natur selfbuffs, not another arcane class.
Lich gives you arcane buffs and Shield +6 +immunity to criticals and +5 ab dmg all saves haste prebuff (power from the dead), vampiric weapon and no spell resist, no enemy save, Slow (siphon Time). I would build around this and pick some +15 ab casting class, or magus, or whatever.

Can't you only merge spellbooks/get access to the 10th level spells if you have a full casting arcane class or was I misinformed?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'd answer u if it wasn't bugged. I was satisfied with Shaman with lich spells

There's only five magic essences in Act 1
nein there are 3 in bastion: Perception stones, some other place I just forgot even tho I just got it, and place where you jump with check near demoness cutscene, there is crate to the left.

Meanwhile I finished ch1 with arcane trickster. Felt like I was playing on life support (that being Ember). Most useful attacking spells were still pits.
I picked Azata ray to continue fruitless effort to kill something with magic (enemies have even p high touch armor here), ignoring immun to Ice on me and Fire on Ember :shitposting:we are two Sailor Queens of Elements :M
I also turned Lann into full Sword Saint and dragged him on my own life support of Fox Cunnings :shittydog: good news for ppl who hate microing magus: in this game your touch spells won't go through enemy SR anyway! But Perfect Strike + Saint would be p chunky and abundant casting slots him with 5 mirrors already.
Since I'm not using Woljif more next I thrown 1 level of Fighter on him which qualified him on L5 to Outflank & Dagger Focus.
I thrown 1 level of Fighter on Daeran and gave him Outflank and Glave focus to SHAME SOSIEL:shitposting:
and armed all my melees with Ever Ready (although that really needs a tripper in party or something).

I also sent Qwan away to try and throw swarms on Drezen :positive:

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Oh he’s playing MC?

Trickster gives you some sneaks. Azata a melee companion.

Seems like Aeon is most Zen tho. You win a fair fight so make it fair.

Won't monk's lawful alignment conflict with Trickster and Azata?

That why I asked, looks like it severely limits the options.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably Angel (LG/NG) or Aeon (LN, technically LE exists for Devil but not in-game yet) or Lich (LE). The thing with Aeon is that a lot of its Mythic Gaze requires the enemy to be within medium range of you so you probably don't want to use Longbow for that.

Not sure about Angel Mythic Abilities.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Yes but on Hard there sometimes extra monsters between u and them.

generally extra monsters very disappoint me because they often don't add variance but literally copy same monsters. in tutorial dungeon room with 1 stronk barbarian mongrel, you get 2 mongrels.
in Ember quest, instead of 1 glabrezu and 1 dude you get 2 glabrezu 2 dudes 2 minotaurs, afaik.
during swarm rush instead of vrok you get 3 vroks (or is it 1 vrok/2 vroks/3 vroks depending on difficulty?).

it's kinda :abyssgazer:

I expected that it adds like, instead of 2 smilodons u get 2 smilodons and 1 undead druid well you know, meaningful shit. instead it's just 3 undead smilodons. [kitten. gif.]

This part here is important in Ember quest, instead of 1 glabrezu and 1 dude you get 2 glabrezu 2 dudes 2 minotaurs, afaik.

Its not just hardcoded increase in number of monsters which means mods can fix this because unlike kingmaker there are now monster variations based on difficulty that can be modified by mods. its not just hardcoded +1 monster based on difficulty. Honestly all that this shit is missing is quest modding we seen stuff like Call of the Wild etc.

Parabalus

Arcane
Cleaving shot doesn't work, both components are faulty.

Is there a respec guy? It's not the one who makes mercs.

Salvo

Arcane
My tips for Blightmaw:
-)Spam Web in the middle of the room while the cultists are being sacrificed. Might buy you time.
-)You HAVE to dispel his True Seeing. He has high Spell Resistance so I hope you did the right thing and got Spell Penetration.
-)He has extremely high AB, so much that you probably won't be able to tank him unless you have a pet with AC north of the 40s. Still, without his True Seeing he's extremely vulnerable to the Blur/Mirror Image combo.
-)If you have Grease, you can try to blanket the area instead of using Web. His weakest save is Reflex.

Cool lewts from the fight:
lEy2ViB.png

UwWP56j.png

Desiderius

Patron
Probably Angel (LG/NG) or Aeon (LN, technically LE exists for Devil but not in-game yet) or Lich (LE). The thing with Aeon is that a lot of its Mythic Gaze requires the enemy to be within medium range of you so you probably don't want to use Longbow for that.

Not sure about Angel Mythic Abilities.

That's kind of feature rather than bug on Drovier Lann. Men stuck near the back get the speed boost where they need it (or for the range of their initial Charge). Those who don't need it near the front don't.

Shadenuat

Arcane
idk if it's just Saint but enhance weapon gives me 1 point more than should. My 1/5 Lann already has a +4 total weapon (+1/+3). I noticed it early when fighting shadow demon where clicking made his sword +3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom