Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Just woke up and this news basically made my day. The only thing that could make it better is if we start getting leaks from an ex-Hardsuit staff member who might've been just a bit less woke than the rest and discussed the dumb shit they planned to put in the game (and given 2020, no way they wouldn't have crammed something that would've been outdated by 2021).

Which of these has experience with Unreal Engine development? Maybe Harebrained, since they're also from Seattle and could maybe absorb some of the people that worked on it for "experience"?

This looks like a logical choice to me. Can somebody check LinkedIn for names that might have moved there ;)? I never played a game from them though, so I wouldn't know if they could manage it...
Nah, Harebrained have only used Unity for both Shadowrun and Battletech so unless they've been training their staff with it recently, I doubt they'll take the reins. Also BL2 was considered "AAA" to Paradox so that alone makes me somewhat doubt they'll be taking over (because giving it to a studio who did UE3 shovelware and some F2P shooter was clearly the AAA path to go in the first place...)

Larianshill

Arbiter
You people should cool it with mocking comments, think of every poor consumer who preordered this game for the stop sign and Jeanette's miniskirt. What do you think they are going through now?
DOoyyJf.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm spiders will be a good march studio the game.

For Action RPG there is.. Spider? The team has experience of getting game out with limited budget but with decent enough result.

I like Spiders' games but their main strength is coming up with random weird worlds, however the stories they tell in these worlds aren't that great and a VtMB already has an established world while it'd need some good story. It'd be a bad fit for them.

Though TBH i can't think of any studio that could make a VtMB-style game, it isn't like games like it are common in the first place.
Well actually their writing is pretty decent,not amazing but still above anything kwan could produce. Their main problem...if we could say that,is the lack of resources aka small budged. Their visual environment is pretty good. The strength of bloodlines were the setting and not the writing or the combat. The important part is the world/level design and the exploration for a good bloodline game. Also a bit of creepy gory shit like the snuff film part and the haunted hotel. I think that spider could do a good bloodlines set in night paris,running around killing marocans and shit.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Oh man, thank you all for a great thread on this begotten version of the game's rise and fall. No matter what form this frankenstein ends up taking under new development, there needs to be some marker immortalizing what it once was.
Hopw-Damsel-Ne.png

sser

Arcane
Developer

For Action RPG there is.. Spider? The team has experience of getting game out with limited budget but with decent enough result.

I like Spiders' games but their main strength is coming up with random weird worlds, however the stories they tell in these worlds aren't that great and a VtMB already has an established world while it'd need some good story. It'd be a bad fit for them.

Though TBH i can't think of any studio that could make a VtMB-style game, it isn't like games like it are common in the first place.
Well actually their writing is pretty decent,not amazing but still above anything kwan could produce. Their main problem...if we could say that,is the lack of resources aka small budged. Their visual environment is pretty good. The strength of bloodlines were the setting and not the writing or the combat. The important part is the world/level design and the exploration for a good bloodline game. Also a bit of creepy gory shit like the snuff film part and the haunted hotel. I think that spider could do a good bloodlines set in night paris,running around killing marocans and shit.

I think Spiders/Cyanide have top tier writers, they're just operating within the constraints of what little resources they have. I'd love to see them get a shot at a huge title like this (though I imagine they'll just hand it to Harebrained).

Delterius

Arcane
You guys know the last time you started listing rational choices for studios we ended up with Hardsuit Labs, right?

Every time someone says 'they'll probably give this to the shadowrun bunnies studio' the chances of a little estonian company increases tenfold.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I think Spiders/Cyanide have top tier writers, they're just operating within the constraints of what little resources they have. I'd love to see them get a shot at a huge title like this (though I imagine they'll just hand it to Harebrained).
Oh yeah,they will give it to those sjws for sure. Which is really stupid because they won't be able to do a third person open world rpg for sure. Their forte is making top down TB rpgs with trannies in them. It will be a huge mess if they give it to harebraindead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You guys know the last time you started listing rational choices for studios we ended up with Hardsuit Labs, right?

Every time someone says 'they'll probably give this to the shadowrun bunnies studio' the chances of a little estonian company increases tenfold.
Come one mate,we do it to entertain ourself. We all know that it will be a hot mess.

Delterius

Arcane

Come one mate,we do it to entertain ourself. We all know that it will be a hot mess.
Point is we can tempt fate the other way. Case in point:

I'm pretty sure Bloodlines 2 is gonna be developed by koreans. Please look forward to rolling gacha machines for the super rare 2003 version of Damsel.

See? Now we might get [good company that shall not be named] instead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I'm pretty sure Bloodlines 2 is gonna be developed by koreans. Please look forward to rolling gacha machines for the super rare 2003 version of Damsel.

But where is the fun in that? We all know that it ill suck as much as duke forever,if not more. At leasts lets enjoy the thread for the circus that it is lol.

Delterius

Arcane

But where is the fun in that? We all know that it ill suck as much as duke forever,if not more. At leasts lets enjoy the thread for the circus that it is lol.
Every time someone says duke nukem forever the betting markets invert. STOP!!1

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Every time someone says duke nukem forever the betting markets invert. STOP!!1
:smug:
I never said that,but you just did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom