Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
There is only one man who can save this doomed project. In fact, that's his specialty.
ETfERoAUMAEa51q.jpg

Best boi

Delterius

Arcane
There is only one man who can save this doomed project. In fact, that's his specialty.
Josh Sawyer is the world's foremost authority on taking broken unreleasable things, such as NwN2, and ensuring the company can't be sued for shoddy work. That is why dumpsterfire is what it is. If by God's decree you are destined to be a salvager, then the median quality of your work shall forever be 'could be worse'. This is what Bloodlines 2, the World of Darkness and the entirety of dark urban fantasy needs: a savior who can made things that are good enough.

Plus he earns 200k+ a year on obsidian to do literally nothing rn so why not?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Microsoft decided to skip Bloodlines 2 and make Bloodlines 3. A third game in the franchise gives more credibility to it's inevitable host: the microsoft cloud gaming confederacy.
:hmmm:
Actually this is the third game,since the franchise is vampires:masqurade,Bloodlines was sub title. Sadly paracux are pretty retarded.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
ITZ HAPPENING

Good morning, @everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a resu
lt, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.

Immeadiately after reading this I scrolled page up - and saw VAPORWARE above! :lol:
There is nothing above but the stars, above...

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I would say it different - people were shown that if they took the rigth side, Management (tm) will be more condescending to their fuck ups.
It's not people who is smart here, it's those who showed them how to sell the soul for banal little things, for trifles.

purupuru

Learned
You guys know the last time you started listing rational choices for studios we ended up with Hardsuit Labs, right?

Every time someone says 'they'll probably give this to the shadowrun bunnies studio' the chances of a little estonian company increases tenfold.
Come one mate,we do it to entertain ourself. We all know that it will be a hot mess.
Point is we can tempt fate the other way. Case in point:

I'm pretty sure Bloodlines 2 is gonna be developed by koreans. Please look forward to rolling gacha machines for the super rare 2003 version of Damsel.

See? Now we might get [good company that shall not be named] instead.
Let's go, team miHoYo!
:brodex:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You people should cool it with mocking comments, think of every poor consumer who preordered this game for the stop sign

Taking this time to appreciate the comedy of Paradox putting up a stop sign as a preorder bonus while the devs themselves talked about how the stop sign dialogue was insensitive to the mentally ill and they weren't going to include anything like that. P'dox should take this time to consider which direction they want to go in.

I think Spiders/Cyanide have top tier writers, they're just operating within the constraints of what little resources they have. I'd love to see them get a shot at a huge title like this (though I imagine they'll just hand it to Harebrained).

I imagine Cyanide's in the doghouse now on account of Earthblood doing so poorly. The writing was also received quite poorly here.

Oh yeah,they will give it to those sjws for sure. Which is really stupid because they won't be able to do a third person open world rpg for sure. Their forte is making top down TB rpgs with trannies in them. It will be a huge mess if they give it to harebraindead.

Before Bloodlines, Troika had only ever done pseudo-isometric turnbased RPGs and they had never worked with Source before (or anyone else for that matter). I'd have more faith in them shipping a decent RPG than any other Paradox-owned studio. That being said, I doubt it's going to them.

Duraframe300

Arcane
You people should cool it with mocking comments, think of every poor consumer who preordered this game for the stop sign

Taking this time to appreciate the comedy of Paradox putting up a stop sign as a preorder bonus while the devs themselves talked about how the stop sign dialogue was insensitive to the mentally ill and they weren't going to include anything like that. P'dox should take this time to consider which direction they want to go in.

I still remember that first interview with Brian & Co trash talking the first game including stop sign and tourette. Then go full *we only punch up* rhetoric.

Lost all hope then. Other games at least manage to deceive until release.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyway the Mass Effect Andromeda writer is now claiming she barely had anything to do with this.

Thank you for reaching out to me :) I didn't work on that game much and was hired for other things but I do feel for my colleagues who worked so hard on it.

Guess she's the narrative lead on another project after all? And those other art leads too. I imagine Paradox wasn't thrilled Hardsuit was putting in all this work on hiring for something new when their previous project was an overdue mess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom