Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crowfall

Mortmal

Arcane
Going to try it tommorow i guess, i dont play this cause of resets as well, no time for grinding endlessly.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I logged in for less than a minute today. Just couldn't bring myself to want to play. I'm going to wait for Dregs and Guild vs Guild

ADL

Prophet
Going to try it tommorow i guess, i dont play this cause of resets as well, no time for grinding endlessly.
Supposedly this is the last major release before polish+bug fixing and then "soft launch" = no wipes release.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Personally I think it's kind of shit. Not hardcore enough for me as a Shadowbane player and not enough good PvE content for me as an Everquest player. If you like doing Guild vs Guild zergs it's probably ok but I'm more into roleplaying as a bandit and backstabbing people who are trying to do PvE content for their loot.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The game is officially in beta as of Tuesday but I'm not sure if I give enough of a shit to play. If anyone from here wants to play hit me up and maybe that will motivate me. Honestly I'm more interested in Pantheon at this point. Pantheon feels like our only hope for a decent MMO now.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/beta

grimace

Arcane
The game is officially in beta as of Tuesday but I'm not sure if I give enough of a shit to play. If anyone from here wants to play hit me up and maybe that will motivate me. Honestly I'm more interested in Pantheon at this point. Pantheon feels like our only hope for a decent MMO now.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/beta

Tell us when it's free to play.

kreight

I tried the beta or whatever it was. September or was it August? I dunno man. What have they been doing all this time? It's just soo outdated. I suppose it will find its audience. Very niche.

ADL

Prophet
By the time this launches, Ashes of Creation might be playable to backers and New World will certainly have launched. Doesn't really stand a chance and Camelot Unchained even less so.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Sooo what is going on with this game? I had hopes for it, it seems to be shit?

ADL

Prophet
supposedly launch this year
https://massivelyop.com/2021/02/19/...e-details-on-the-6-400-transformation-launch/

I wouldn’t be worth my salt if I didn’t at least ask about release. Leading up to this update, you’ve mentioned that the team still has launch planned for this year – is that still the case?

Coleman: Yes, we’re very close now. The team has (mostly) shifted from adding new things to the game to fixing bugs and achieving the level of polish that we need for launch. We have a few more things coming, but the game is nearing – well, I can’t say “completion” because it’s an MMO and these games are never done. The game is nearing the point where we will wipe the database for the final time and transition from “in development” to “live.”

grimace

Arcane
The game is nearing the point where we will wipe the database for the final time and transition from “in development” to “live.”

This is a great way to make a promise that will seal the fate of the project.

Plan ahead for data wipes and seasons and such so that corrections can be made!

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
supposedly launch this year
https://massivelyop.com/2021/02/19/...e-details-on-the-6-400-transformation-launch/

I wouldn’t be worth my salt if I didn’t at least ask about release. Leading up to this update, you’ve mentioned that the team still has launch planned for this year – is that still the case?

Coleman: Yes, we’re very close now. The team has (mostly) shifted from adding new things to the game to fixing bugs and achieving the level of polish that we need for launch. We have a few more things coming, but the game is nearing – well, I can’t say “completion” because it’s an MMO and these games are never done. The game is nearing the point where we will wipe the database for the final time and transition from “in development” to “live.”
good interview, the ideas seem ok, i wonder how they'll be implemented.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
koala.png
what? x 1

I played the beta of Crowfall, maybe it could grow into something in a year or three but for now it is low budget jank that doesn't know if it wants to be an MMO or a MOBA and is designed like ass. It feels like a mod for some other game that never got designed properly (like MOBAs). It has all the tedium of an MMO like running huge distances, grinding for xp, buying and selling stuff from towns every 5 minutes, etc... And none of what made real MMOs good. It has the typical MOBA columbine massacre playerbase, and a design that makes sense only to those sorts of people. Wish I didn't waste my time. YMMV.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like someone ran out of money and needs to put this shit out a year or two before it's ready

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Crowfall will never be ready. I'm pretty sure the original idea is flawed to its core. I can't believe I actually bought this shit a couple of years ago

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Game released today. I haven't had time to give it a shot. It's probably still shit.

ADL

Prophet
I was playing it for a couple hours today before my power supply shit the bed. Can't comment on the PvP because I'm still in the tutorial at level 16 but the launch was super smooth and lots of people playing.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Can't create an account, no verification code. Oh well.

PanDupa

Educated
It's a guild game, and he plays it like any other single player mmo never joined dregs which is main PVP campaing. Crowfall has a lot of problems, but the base game is really good and has a lot of potential. You just need to find active guild for game to open up.

Review which is way better than the one from peon:
https://www.pcgamer.com/crowfall-review/

ADL

Prophet
Doubt TheLazyPeon plays anything for more than ten minutes before shitting out his awful first impression videos. He couldn't come up with a more fitting name if he tried. Saw his "The Elder Scrolls Online revisited in 2021" video he did a couple weeks ago and he was only CP130 despite "covering" the game for seven years on an annual basis. Out of curiosity I browsed his channel and none of his characters in anything are at a decent level.

Not saying he's obligated to play anything in particular but you'd think he'd have a high level character in something given that his whole channel is about MMOs and it sucks that he's considered a major personality on the subject.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom