Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Dycedarg

Learned
I would say it different - people were shown that if they took the rigth side, Management (tm) will be more condescending to their fuck ups.
It's not people who is smart here, it's those who showed them how to sell the soul for banal little things, for trifles.
It really depends of the company. In some cases, the managers seem very unwilling to fire incompetent employees for fear of a PR backlash. And there are quite a few games journos who made their careers by simply pandering to the woke crowd and pretending they don't hate all the games they cover. But enough about Jim Sterling.

They're too hipsterish to pick up such a project even if they'd be offered it imho.
Also in ZA/UM's only game, they got rid of the combat to focus C&C and writing. There's nothing wrong with that choice, but it would be weird to hire them to salvage an action rpg that's been in development hell.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Let's go, team miHoYo!

unironically some of the bigger Chinese devs could probably be making better games than AA murican studio

besides CCP propaganda at the very least the devs got their feet on the ground on actually making a game instead of busy hiring incompetent people at high turnover rate

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
ITZ HAPPENING

Good morning, @everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.

Part of me almost feels bad for Paradox and what they stuck their dick in with Bloodlines 2. Almost. Then again this may be less outlandish than people maybe think because you have to remember the Chechenya fiasco with the roleplaying game itself. Paradox is NOT above directly assuming control/putting a tight leash if they don't like what's going on.

Wesp5

Arcane
:hmmm:
Actually this is the third game,since the franchise is vampires:masqurade,Bloodlines was sub title. Sadly paracux are pretty retarded.

Indeed, when they showed me the intro and tutorial before it was announced, one of my first suggestions was to choose another name. Because Bloodlines 2 sounds like a sequel and playing years later in another city and basically another PnP ruleset it just couldn't be...

It's funny how the press statement tries so hard to sugarcoat it, while still making blatantly obvious that Hardsuit Labs got the boot because it turned out to be painfully inadequate for the job.

For how I see it this is just good news (for anyone who doesn't work at HSL, at least). Of course it could still take a hilarious turn for the worst as soon as the new studio is confirmed, but when you were setting your expectations to zero, it's hard to be disappointed anyway.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
From the start i knew this will be a mockery of another one of my favorite games. But development of this... fine masterpiece was one of the most entertaining fuck ups i've ever seen. I give it 10 Mitsoda's fingerless gloves out of 10. You can't make that shit up.

All these tards who preordered screaming "muh classic returns i coom in my pants" when this piece of digital abortion was announced. An sjw travesty from a dev team with almost no portfolio other than some defunct PVP trash. From the devs so pathetically cucked that they thought lips icon was sexist :lol:
Inclusion is part of the accessibility process as well, we have been very conscious about creating iconography that is non-gender specific and considerate of cultural sensitivities. The icons are designed to not rely on gendered tropes (such as pouty lips for seduction or a man’s dress shirt to represent wardrobe), and we use straightforward ideas for icons that can be interpreted no matter the native language or culture.

Turns out Bloodlines was sexist for using man and woman lips icons while talking to them respectively.

Luckly all these people who pre ordered still have an option to refund it.

There was this suspected PR guy posting in the thread about a year back and he did a very good job of getting people excited.

The funny thing is I never said the game would be any good.

I was overtly enthusiastic at the prospect of a new first-person RPG, and it's a shame it didn't pay off. But, hey, at least in the mean time we got Fallout 76, The Outer Worlds, and Cyberpunk 2077, huh? :lol:

Aemar

Arcane
4z5v2k.jpg

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
hiring soy producer guy from ubisoft and some tumblr dyke as the lead sure payed out for you hardsuit labs! game might be shit or not even come out but at least you're on the right side of history with a 70% diversity quota

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I got some info from Russian beta-tester, according to him it was a disaster. Hehe.

Look earlier in this thread, I don't know how to search threads for post of exact poster sorry.
My first post itt is with screenshoots from this betatester.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Before Bloodlines, Troika had only ever done pseudo-isometric turnbased RPGs and they had never worked with Source before (or anyone else for that matter). I'd have more faith in them shipping a decent RPG than any other Paradox-owned studio. That being said, I doubt it's going to them.
:hmmm:
We are not talking about humans,but about millennial sjw trannies.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There are practically no independent AA(A) studios with RPG experience left. THQ Nordic/Embracer (how many?), Nacon (Spiders, Cyanide), and Focus (Deck13) absorbed most of them in Europe, and Microsoft did in US.

Tapping into companies specialized in co-development is probable imo. Like Certain Affinity, Behaviour Interactive, Sumo Digital, and Asobo. They may not be specialized in RPGs, but they at least have competency in execution and some have experiences with open world action things.

If they really want to tap into a studio with RPG experiences, doing partnership with publishers like THQ Nordic, Nacon, or Focus would be viable, I think. Before all these dramas, Bloodlines 2 was one of the most hyped RPGs in recent years after all.

They could go to an experienced giant like Keywords Studios. But first they should decide what they want.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i'd rather the game not come out than it being developed by focus interactive. just please no.
fuck it give it to larian or harebrained schemes, game might become isometric and be nothing like the other ones but at least it'll be some sort of rpg.
not a walking sim, not a ubisoft open world shooter. i just want an rpg.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No Mitsoda, no Bloodlines.

I don't see them hiring him back, so it's dead. Irreversible damage to the brand and the game. I have no interest in playing the salvage operation of Mitsoda's game. His characters are what made the original good.

They'd better call whatever game they make something else than Bloodlines.

Caim

Arcane
Tired of replacing lead developers, Paradox has made the economical decision to replace the entire damn studio in one go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom