Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Codex Year of the Donut
If I had to place money on who the project is being handed off to, it's probably HBS.
Hmmm they haven't been active in the last twoish years,i assume that they are making something at the moment. Most likely their hands are full at the moment.
They also provided support for Battletech well after release, if they're working on something it's likely still in very early development.
HBS is also coincidentally located in Seattle.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If I had to place money on who the project is being handed off to, it's probably HBS.
Hmmm they haven't been active in the last twoish years,i assume that they are making something at the moment. Most likely their hands are full at the moment.
They also provided support for Battletech well after release, if they're working on something it's likely still in very early development.
Come one,there is no way paradox will be that stupid lol. They just stop subsidizing one degenerate band on larping communists,i doubt that hey will begin subsidizing the degenerate band of larping communists in the next hood. I am sure that the peaceful nigger protests played a big role in them cutting off the retards lol.

Fargus

Arcane
Can't say this is unexpected. But seeing this clusterfuck crashing and burning fills my heart with joy. Though they should just euthanize it instead of prolonging the suffering.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Come one,there is no way paradox will be that stupid lol. They just stop subsidizing one degenerate band on larping communists,i doubt that hey will begin subsidizing the degenerate band of larping communists in the next autonomous zone. I am sure that the peaceful nigger protests played a big role in them cutting off the retards lol.

FTFY

Bara

Arcane
The release was updated in the steam library page...
pc3t4cJ.png

And so am I :bounce:

I want to give them credit for not having the gall to say "coming soon" but to suggest the game is coming out at all is a bit too generous

Cross

Arcane
As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.
:lol: Yeah, good luck with that. What precedent is there for a developer being fired after years of work and a completely new developer coming in and salvaging a decent game out of their mess? None that I can recall. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Paradox quietly moved on from this and wrote it off as a loss.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.
:lol: Yeah, good luck with that. What precedent is there for a developer being fired after years of work and a completely new developer coming in and salvaging a decent game out of their mess? None that I can recall. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Paradox quietly moved on from this and wrote it off as a loss.
Prey (originally kinda sorta Prey 2) would probably be the closest analogue... and it came out 12 years after originally announced. Not sure that's a positive act to follow.

The success of the original Prey led to the announcement of a sequel Prey 2 in August 2006, with continued development by 3D Realms. However, the project faced a number of issues, including the transfer of the intellectual property (IP) rights to Bethesda Softworks (under ZeniMax Media) sometime by 2011. In March 2011, Bethesda announced that Prey 2 would instead be developed by Human Head Studios using a modified id Tech 4 engine.

On 31 May 2013, Kotaku reported rumors that development had moved to Arkane Studios and that the development had been rebooted, scrapping all of Human Head Studios' work on Prey 2 with a targeted release of 2016. After about a year of further rumors, Bethesda cancelled Prey 2. Arkane had started working on a Prey game that would be considered a reboot rather than a sequel, using none of the Prey concepts and none of Human Head's previous development.

On 12 June 2016, Bethesda announced the Prey reboot at its E3 press conference. The game's development was led by Arkane Studios CEO and director Raphaël Colantonio and his team in Austin, Texas. The new Prey is not a true sequel but instead "a re-imagining of the IP", according to Colantonio. The teaser trailer shown during E3 2016 showed the game's protagonist in something like "a space horror version of Groundhog Day", according to CNet's Seamus Byrne. Bethesda's vice president of marketing Pete Hines explained that the new game has no elements from the cancelled Prey 2 outside of the player facing against aliens.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think Paradox already set themselves up for failure by keeping Hardsuit's work as a basis for anything that may come out of this. It has "sunk cost fallacy" all over it.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This has got to be a first for a major release like this no? Usually they'd just release it anyway, hoover up the pre-order money and be on their way.

jungl

Augur
What a train wreck. I mean its not paradoxes fault they don't know how to judge how good a studio is. Their in house studio produces amateur text based map games with little programing skill involved. When hardsuit said to them "ya we are like you guys but don't worry we know make fps games lol". They took hook line and sinker to their financial losses. Very sad but paradox should of never owned the WoD license considering their record.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
hiring soy producer guy from ubisoft

Professional Ubisoft Hatchet Man is probably the Cleveian hero of this story who told Paradox that there was zero hope Hardsuit would be able to shape this up into something shippable. Stones of Arnhem part 2.

No Mitsoda, no Bloodlines.

I don't see them hiring him back, so it's dead. Irreversible damage to the brand and the game. I have no interest in playing the salvage operation of Mitsoda's game. His characters are what made the original good.

They'd better call whatever game they make something else than Bloodlines.

Mitsoda's the guy who wrote the terribly bland Dead State and insisted that they hire Cara Ellison. His abilities as a writer have deteriorated considerably since 2004.

Wesp5

Arcane
What precedent is there for a developer being fired after years of work and a completely new developer coming in and salvaging a decent game out of their mess
Prey (originally kinda sorta Prey 2) would probably be the closest analogue... and it came out 12 years after originally announced. Not sure that's a positive act to follow.

Indeed, because Arkane's "Prey" had nothing in common with the original except for the name to trick naive players not being aware that they made System Shock 3 ;)!

Wesp5

Arcane
It has one of the largest cast of companions with actual dialogue in any RPG I can think of. All of them are unique, I don't remember any of them being poorly written.
There was nothing wrong with the writing in the game.

I never played this, but I can neither imagine Mitsoda to do such bad writing that you need to fire him, nor to delay a game or make it a mess just with his writing alone!
He was a good friend of Cluney though and I can picture him not recognizing that the latter lost control of the project from the gameplay side of things...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mitsoda's the guy who wrote the terribly bland Dead State
fuck you

It has one of the largest cast of companions with actual dialogue in any RPG I can think of. All of them are unique, I don't remember any of them being poorly written.

it's right up there w/ Kingdoms of Amalur and Fallout 76, huh?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mitsoda's the guy who wrote the terribly bland Dead State
fuck you

When I stopped playing Dead State, I had found 13 allies and the only one I can remember is Dwight Schrute. It's pretty bad when the only memorable dialogue from the entire game is from a rip-off of a sitcom character.

grimace

Arcane
1260773367-00.jpg

This man never ages.

Is he...
immortal
???

LOL at wanting Brian Piss-soda back, when he and his company were the problem.

The release was updated in the steam library page...
pc3t4cJ.png

And so am I :bounce:

Big Brain Brian Mitsoda cover model for Bloodlines 2 alpha project and published author.

Please, Brian, write us an Anne Rice vampire story and publish it as fan fiction telling the true story of the failed development of BloodlessVines.

Tell us who sucked the project dry and left it to die!

Testownia

Duke Nuk'em Forever...

Caim

Arcane
Duke Nuk'em Forever...
I'd say that I'd love to see Duke Nukem in the World of Darkness, but then I realize that I already have since I have gone through the Hunter: The Reckoning core rulebook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom