Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Kitten is spotty currently yes. Also Galfrey wants the precious.
Galfrey will have to wait.

Most playthroughs yes. This one wavering. She's taken a liking to young master Infinitron. Love triangle brewing with the Lannster.

Do have trouble caring enough to get it right so probably won't amount to much. Can confirm kitty not working for Shield Bash or Pet attax I think? Something else. Was giving +1 Spell Pen too on Archon's maybe? Was kind of random.

Also once Daeran is fixed every playthrough will be about getting Galfrey back in the grave where she belongs so got to strike while the iron is lukewarm.

Desiderius

Patron
In any event Bless Weapon does the job and autoconfirm on x3 weapons and classes with lots of rerolls is good.

Getting reroll/level/rest is nuts.

Also Holy Vitals Azata-flavored first Mythic Ability (Bolt of Freeeedom?) works very well too. Should get like twelve shots worth out of it right away and only goes up from there.

As for MWG, Vestment, Armor still stacks while finally working Vestment, Shield doesn't so who knows what the hell they're doing.

Salvo

Arcane
In any event Bless Weapon does the job and autoconfirm on x3 weapons and classes with lots of rerolls is good.

Getting reroll/level/rest is nuts.

Also Holy Vitals Azata-flavored first Mythic Ability (Bolt of Freeeedom?) works very well too. Should get like twelve shots worth out of it right away and only goes up from there.

As for MWG, Vestment, Armor still stacks while finally working Vestment, Shield doesn't so who knows what the hell they're doing.

Does Bless Weapon work with Improved Critical? I know it doesn't with Keen weapons, but it doesn't say anything about Feats.

Desiderius

Patron
It just autoconfirms, shouldn’t affect crit range.

Desiderius

Patron
What's this kitten you're talking about?

The better you are at the game the more precious the Precious:
The Precious.jpg

Giving Up the Precious.jpg
I'm sure this gives you some awesome blessing like at level nine or something but it's going to be awhile until I find out. We've all been dying for the Spell Pen and the DR thing is also kind of a pain. Good kind of pain but you're not giving away something that just makes it go away.

Parabalus

Arcane
If you see (reduced) after his damage that's a big issue. Cold Iron Arrows are for sale for a reasonable price at your local arms vendor. You get them for free at level 7 if you stay ZA. DR/Good* is less common but once you get to +5 you bypass it. Magic Weapon, Greater + Hunter's Assurance (Swarm Queen Short Bow) does this at level 8 and lasts several hours.

You can also get the Belt at the start of A2.

Err, by that logic Cam should also be evil.

Class is great. Learn it.
Zen is just a fighter with bow with all feats selected for u to not mess it up. It's a nobrain class with nothing to learn. They don't even play the WIS thing much.
Monks suck
:shittydog:

Yeah well they had to idiotproof it since early and you don't get the Wis to AB until lvl 3 so for multiclassing just as well.

Second Flurry at lvl 11 is big. Free Speed and AC as you level is big (as is WIS to AC of course). Ki Arrows (saves feat for Clustered Shots and is better than Clustered Shots against all but DR/-) and increasing dice and turning Short Bow Long are big.

Spell-like abilities not ignoring SR like for instance Bombs do blows and hope they change it but realistically with a Perfect Strike per level and all those attax with increasing dice and free Weapon Specialization etc etc you want to stay attacking anyway, but that leaves you with Abundant Step (see: Tactical Retreat, Evasive Shot), Disease Immunity, True Strike (probably best with Urban Hunter), Extra Attack, Full Barkskin, some Relics that use Ki, free Restorations, etc...

Currently get Manyshot (which you theoretically shouldn't) and Point Blank Master without Prereqs, as well as Improved Precise which will be good once Cover is in via mod or not.

Manyshot bugged extra attack (good to know!) seems like the only step up compared to a straight ranger/hunter. Losing the pet is a big deal.
The WIS stuff is kinda meh, especially since Owlcat seems to be handing out less +X items.

Desiderius

Patron
I just listed ten steps up! What is it with people? Hurr durr I don't understand so sux. Kanz do math on rerolls? I've posted like five screenshots already where Perfect Strike got there while anything else wouldn't.

Ranged Rangers get naice spell selection but will probably duplicate Aru at minimum there. Combat Style not nearly as good for Ranged as Melee. Usually just extra Feats but you also get more extra Feats with ZA. Ranged Fighter obviously inferior to melee Fighter.

Obv pet is obv but you only want one pet and there are other ways to get one.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Paizo's Unchained monk doesn't suffer -2.

To add, the archetype for Monk in KM and WotR is actually helf-homebrew. I think nearly all the archetype was released as Chained Monk but Owlcat implement them as Unchained Monk.

Generally speaking you can use most of the "chained" archetypes with the unchained classes by RAW. There was an errata about it a while back.

There was just some vague suggestion that DMs consider how an archetype is balanced when used with the unchained class.

Parabalus

Arcane
I just listed ten steps up! What is it with people? Hurr durr I don't understand so sux. Kanz do math on rerolls? I've posted like five screenshots already where Perfect Strike got there while anything else wouldn't.

Just listing all class features isn't really convincing. Shadenuat has the right of it.

What's this kitten you're talking about?

You get a belt buckle next to the brimorak in the market square, you need 5 magic boxes from A1 to make it immediately at the start of A2. There are more boxes later (but also other artefacts), but the storyteller bails so you'd have to wait longer.

They are in Cam's house, tower and 3 in GG at the end.

Why just one?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
So the other things you want to pick up in camp at beginning of ch 1 are also very good:
Smite Ring.jpg

Gwerm gives you Amulet which is kind of funny joke since almost certainly intended for daughter but she can't wear it. Ember can. Ring is essential if you take Seelah in another direction. Touch of Lawl coming through again.

Lann shooting his shot.jpg

Lann shoots his shot. Yeah, ok man I play chix sometimes to troll a mod or because they're nice to look at. Can't blame the game for this one but not really what I'm here for.

But thx for the thought though.

Drovier Charge.jpg

This is what I'm here for. Seelah is Charging the Glitch Boss all the way across the screen with Help from Drovier Lann's Raptor Aura (Speed determines Charge range). You can barely make out the green dotted line showing her target. So is Infinitron. You can see the aura help her finally get the lead out.

So is Crispy. Leopard so good. She's in the back because when you add a new companion to your line up it puts her there for some reason (Sos is along for his companion quest here) so make sure to check your formation before big battles.

Start of Battle.jpg

This is a fun fight to do on Hard to see where you are. Six or seven Babau teleport in to join the Quasit and you need to come up with a plan to deal.

1) We're at lvl six here. How Infinitron got 7 Spell Pen is a mystery. Maybe leveling up twice at once isn't a good idea.

2) Color Spray is a nice one but the positioning is dicey. On the other hand Illusionist so Mirror Image. Alot of tricks up that sleeve but getting a Shield on her will be a bummer because Abjuration is Opposition school.

3) Archon's up to a Healthy 20 DC already. Don't leave home without the Owl's Wisdom.

4) Abundant Casting means Blurs on strategic targets from the Illusionists. Those things add up.

Seelah Safe.jpg

Feeling pretty good at this point but can't count on Skellies to hold right flank so Wolj Charges over. Charge is really good for him because it gives him another +2 to land his Debilitating Strike which makes all subsequent attacks +2 for everyone and +4 for him. Early combat perfect time to put Perfect Strike on Autocast to snipe key targets. None better than annoying Quasit. Seelah's chance of getting hit here exactly 4%.

Wolj Charge.jpg

When I decided to Charge with Wolj I had Ember put Protective Luck on him for just this situation. Works like a charm. Wolj should always have Mirror Image up (you can even Empower it at this point or Maximize it later) so bad oversight.

Seelah unlucky.jpg

And... 4% got there. Thanks Russ. She still punishing though. Protective Luck cued up just in case. MC done with her Prayer and wants to finish off the Demon in our backlines (probably should have Dazzling Displayed).

Turning Point.jpg

Seelah ate another cheese hit (looks like even a crit) before Luck Hex hits home and can breathe a sigh of relief. Head over to try to heal her with Ember since everything else seems to be going fine.

Infinitron taking off with the AB and just hit lvl 7 and Outflank shortly after this fight. To got with Shield Bash. Another attack at lvl eight and this is probably last big fight without Haste as well. As buffs/defenses get better will start Enlarging for these outdoor fights as well. Have been crafting Mirror Image scrolls for Seelah.

Wolj goes really big to establish Debilitating and that guys dead.

DRGood bypass WoljCrit.jpg

Haven't decided whether to make MC or Seelah main Dazzler. Seelah's on combat Style Menacing so she'll have Dreadful Carnage but MC could really use Mythic Two-Weapon.

Things that weren't getting the DR bypass from the Precious: nonmagical Weapons, Claws, and a Shield bash (from a Magical Shield).

Ember gets a lot of casts. Might as well give her some heals. May think about the Reach Heal Mythic.

Based Elan.jpg
Last time based Lann, this time based Elan. If you can make yourself read some of the walls of text (sort of obv when to click through, too much clicking thru) there are some highlights among the cringe.

Desiderius

Patron
Just listing all class features isn't really convincing.
Lann Improved Crit.jpg

Lann Manyshot Carnage.jpg

Lann on Balor.jpg

Lann Rerolls.jpg

Lann the MannII.jpg

Lann8 Nearing 100.jpg

Lannhits100Disarmed Wolj.jpg

LannTank.jpg

LannOwningStoneGolems.jpg

Half of these I didn't even know what I was doing yet. I've explained and illustrated. Shad was trolling me, not you.

Parabalus

Arcane

Desiderius

Patron
Rerolls are at their best when you’re around 50% to hit. Instead of 50% you’re 75% so the equivalent of +5 AB as a Free Action. Those fights are where you need it most since you should usually be higher than that.

The free Rapid with no penalty really is a big deal as well especially since another kicks in at 11. I’d say hitting level eleven and picking up two more attacks is a helluva feeling.

Parabalus

Arcane
Rerolls are at their best when you’re around 50% to hit. Instead of 50% you’re 75% so the equivalent of +5 AB as a Free Action. Those fights are where you need it most since you should usually be higher than that.

The free Rapid with no penalty really is a big deal as well especially since another kicks in at 11. I’d say marine hitting level eleven and picking up two more attacks is a helluva feeling.

But it's effectively only an extra attack since it's bugged and works with Manyshot.

But that's def very big.

Desiderius

Patron
But it's effectively only an extra attack since it's bugged and works with Manyshot.

No Flurry of Blows gives you a free extra attack at level one, and another one at level eleven. You're saying you'd get those anyway from Rapid and Many but Many doesn't get Sneaks and other effects like that, of course Rapid is -2 to all attacks, and they cost two Feats you don't have to pay.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hm why is there an SR ignoring polymorph in hunter book, which states it's oracle spell, but I think it's a witch spell or hex from pnp.

Parabalus

Arcane
Any DD hidden stuff before the spider boss in Leper caves?

That's after you get the DD wand in Nenio's quest, so it makes sense, but wouldn't be surprised if Owlcat hid something away in the earlier maps.

Desiderius

Patron
Hm why is there an SR ignoring polymorph in hunter book, which states it's oracle spell, but I think it's a witch spell or hex from pnp.

There are various little nuggets here and there to get around the SR I Win Button protection. I approve.

Desiderius

Patron
Rerolls are at their best when you’re around 50% to hit.
drop the lowest is best when you need to roll the maximum of the die :M

There are various optima but the biggest in terms of AB I believe is the one I described. And people like to put things in terms of AB. My guess is that also produces highest gain in expected damage value (raw not percentage) which is of course everyone’s holy grail and maybe in hardest fights appropriately.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the logic behind the Desna music altar on the Lost Chapel map?

I got the right combination (axe and the ?unmarked quest?) but through trial and error.

So, I managed to do the ENTIRE Siege of Drezen without resting, and am feeling like a proper player for once. Luckily I had a lot of health pots stashed away.

Which of the 3 ways to enter is recommended?

I guess one is a trap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom