Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whoever said "non-consenting Kindred" was onto something, I think. In the latest version of VtM, vampires will be polite good bois who dindu nuffin and ask for consent. Didn't Lestat do that in Interview? That's homoerotic enough to be palatable to the woke.
What part of "vampires have to be invited in" did you not understand for 100 years?

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would take you over the game any day.

:shredder:
I will keep you in me dungeon/basement and make you entertain me on the codex nugget! 100 funny posts per day or no food for you!

ev2.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What precedent is there for a developer being fired after years of work and a completely new developer coming in and salvaging a decent game out of their mess
Prey (originally kinda sorta Prey 2) would probably be the closest analogue... and it came out 12 years after originally announced. Not sure that's a positive act to follow.

Indeed, because Arkane's "Prey" had nothing in common with the original except for the name to trick naive players not being aware that they made System Shock 3 ;)!
Really? I don't think that the original had any fanbase that wanted a sequel. Most likely they just liked the name and decided to stick with it.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I had the impression Ka'ai Cluney has/had a serious drinking problem. I mean, as I was "researching" his social media presence, it was like 99% of his jokes were about booze (some even included MCA). Hell, even when talking about the origins of Bloodlines 2 (something along the lines: "I was drinking in the pub, you know, texting with Brian, so I shared my ideas for a sequel, then he told me his own ideas for it, yadda yadda, time passed quickly, I went home and had Brian join me for a few drinks and to work on a pitch in my living room, and then we drank to that.")

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I had the impression Ka'ai Cluney has/had a serious drinking problem. I mean, as I was "researching" his social media presence, it was like 99% of his jokes were about booze (some even included MCA). Hell, even when talking about the origins of Bloodlines 2 (something along the lines: "I was drinking in the pub, you know, texting with Brian, so I shared my ideas for a sequel, then he told me his own ideas for it, yadda yadda, time passed quickly, I went home and had Brian join me for a few drinks and to work on a pitch in my living room, and then we drank to that.")
Well,to be a good writer you have to be a drunkard....but not every drunkards is a good writer.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Now with source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-th...vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-interview

PCGN: Why did you decide to go with Seattle as the location for Bloodlines 2?

Ka’ai Cluney: In late 2015, I saw that Paradox had acquired the World of Darkness IP. For a long time I’ve been friends with Brian Mitsoda, who was the writer on the original. So, maybe a little recklessly, I texted Brian and asked him if he would be interested in putting together a pitch. He said, ‘Okay’. Well, he was a little more excited than that, and probably within the first couple of hours I was at a bar, he was at home, and we were texting back and forth.

It probably took us about half an hour to come up with Seattle, and then maybe an hour and a half to come up with the major conflicts. Then it all went from there. That weekend, I went over to Brian’s house, drank a bunch of whiskey, and came up with basically the core plot of the game. Well Brian did, I just drank.

deuxhero

Arcane
Just listened to an interview with that female writer - an older one, of course - where she has a pouting fit over the fact that the translation team told her to stop putting genderqueer pronouns into the game, since only fucking English acknowledges those fantasies, and it's impossible to implement them into other languages. Apparently other languages aren't progressive enough. Racist.

https://www.rebind.io/the-rebind-po...on-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii-4799/

Wow, this game still manages to look worse every time I see it. Only other game I saw accomplish that was Cyberpunk 2077. Difference being Cyberpunk I started mildly optimistic about, but this I was horrified from the start. I wonder if they've reached center of the Earth in expectations or if the new team will dig deeper.

Tao

Savant
Whoever said "non-consenting Kindred" was onto something, I think. In the latest version of VtM, vampires will be polite good bois who dindu nuffin and ask for consent. Didn't Lestat do that in Interview? That's homoerotic enough to be palatable to the woke.
Louis, not Lestat.
"I'm going to give you the choice I never had." Something like that's Lestat's line. I didn't remember it before.
Dude, it's not even close to be the same.

Lestat was toying around. He is a whimsical character not a human right activist, wtf are you talking about xd

Besides in the books is Marius who sire that writer. The movie took a few licenses.

edit:

I'm sorry I failed a lore roll for your favorite homosexual vampire thriller.

It's not only that you failed the lore check, it is that you also failed your own point. But you're welcome.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Anyway the Mass Effect Andromeda writer is now claiming she barely had anything to do with this.

Looks like Short-Time Samantha's gotta make sure everyone knows she's in the clear, gotta wash your hands of that other icky project so you can put your stain on something else!

I wonder if they'll keep her partner there if they have nothing to do, since Waaaaaaananen is quite the quivering spineless cunt as well - and well, there's no longer any system design to worry about since the design was so amazing the entire studio got fired.

On Mitsoda: (Since Wesp5 posted and others), it seems like Mitsoda's writing is pretty good, but I'm not so sure about him working with teams, that might be more the issue. Mitsoda seems like one of those writers where it's best if he's the only writer and no one else on the team cares about the story.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's kind of a long shot, but in hindsight, maybe there was something to Ka'ai sharing (on his second Twitter profile) a song that goes:

Captain, there are doubts
Regarding
Your ability
To lead them

The men
Lead them
There are doubts in your ability
There's too many blanks in your analogies

("Brave Captain" by fIREHOSE)

That was early 2019 IIRC

Edit: Sarkile Martin Ka'ai Cluney, the Creative Director for Bloodlines 2, was fired (with Brian Mitsoda) one and an half year later this tweet, give or take.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
It's kind of a long shot, but in hindsight, maybe there was something to Ka'ai sharing (on his second Twitter profile) a song that goes:

Regarding
Your ability
To lead them

The men
Lead them

That was early 2019 IIRC
Kinda too on the nose now. Your third post will be something like 'i didn't notice how important this was but now that i think about it there was this one time cluney shared a video of himself screaming THE GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT HELL ITS NOT COMING OUT for 20 hours'.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Regarding
Your ability
To lead them

The men
Lead them

That was early 2019 IIRC
Kinda too on the nose now. Your third post will be something like 'i didn't notice how important this was but now that i think about it there was this one time cluney shared a video of himself screaming THE GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT HELL ITS NOT COMING OUT for 20 hours'.

dd0.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cara Ellison has uploaded a graphical presentation on Instagram stories. You can read it with an account or story reader. Or just rely on these images:
5x3GKEm.jpg

MiBHilB.jpg

pktzi6I.jpg

IOHpXYo.jpg

Ca0DBgO.jpg

aUsEiRD.jpg

3aHYmrR.jpg

The subtext is obvious; like Avellone updating his linkedin when Mitsoda was fired, she's saying the writers aren't to blame for this mess. :P Self-preserving, yes, but accurate; they weren't the ones in charge of the project or responsible for the code.

Mitsoda seems like one of those writers where it's best if he's the only writer and no one else on the team cares about the story.

That's Dead State. On Bloodlines, Boyarsky was the creative director and he had co-writers with TJ Perrillo and Chad Moore though their contributions were much less than his.

Elaborate pwease

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/vampire-the-masquerade-–-bloodlines-2-vaporware-vtmb-sequel-from-paradox-interactive.126124/page-440#post-7088802 is the summary

It's a Pole.

I've been told that Outstar is an outlier among Polish women, most of them aren't like that.

And nothing of value was lost. Stopped caring as soon as the dangerhairs entered the picture.

What I can't believe is how badly both Activision and Paradox wasted Bloodlines, you'd think they hate money.

As a first/third person action rpg with fully voiced, well written and well acted dialogs, small areas and big vampire titties, Bloodlines already had the "AAA multiplat action rpg of the late 2000s" formula down more than a year before oblivion ever cornered the digital horse armor market. Even if Activision lacked the foresight to figure out that console ports of Bloodlines could easily multiply the game's sales/fanbase and allowed Troika to go to hell, by the time oblivion, mass effect, fallout 3 and dragon age sold so well they certainly knew that formula worked.
And then you had the fucking gay sparkly vampire craze of the late 2000s/early 2010s. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing ads for gay vampire movies and tv shows. Yet none of these publishing assholes who salivate at the prospect of cheap movie tie-in videogames and consoles with hundreds of millions of AAA customers figured to even put out a vampire videogame? Let alone putting out ports of their perfectly fine AA vampire action rpg whose only sin was launching a couple of weeks before a game-unbreaking patch and being sent to vanish under the media avalanche surrounding valve's big launch of their discounted DRM platform with hl2 to lube you up for it?

And then you have Paradox, who -in an era where publishers are making more money than ever before selling full-priced remakes of classic games that far outsell the originals- decide that instead of finally giving a diamond in the rough the chance to shine&sell it never had before with a remake, they'd rather just use its brand to slap a more marketable "2" on a random vampire game made by an unproven studio.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hello gamers

Anne Rice vampires are fucking gay

That's all

Proceed
They are disgusting gays that participate on gay vampire orgies but they probably have more testosterone than the vampires those soy infused cucks were making. Pff... "Consent based feeding" for vampires? Nigga, were they even trying?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom