Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
L3UdPgK.png

(Kowloon high school chronicle)

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Today on the wildlife channel, some shmups

A very big fish,

A flying farm,

Some peaceful cows grazing the the quiet contryside,

And a wild pig that distracted me, causing my demise.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
More Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. An amazing game with Shakespearean writing.

Even the larvae are cute!

0kWuqbA.jpg

XlojNEo.jpg

IBflnrl.jpg

zJWwCEF.jpg

l3Gh3sF.jpg

z2ImKUg.jpg

RVbxWNz.jpg

Help! These two dancers are hopelessly in love!

hniNSTL.jpg

Hl6CiUc.jpg

k6rRQIb.jpg

dvm0QmJ.jpg

Th1X9Gd.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer

Necromancer getting necked while his raised skeleton gleefully watches. Barbarian already down. Womenfolk hiding behind a phallic object.

Big, strong, manly and unambiguously black Paladin coming to save the day. Just as I remembered Diablo 2, as I did play the Hammerdin and he's already got that faint golden glow of having spammed the same skill button for the past 90 hours.

Necromancer getting necked while his raised skeleton gleefully watches. Barbarian already down. Womenfolk hiding behind a phallic object.

Big, strong, manly and unambiguously black Paladin coming to save the day. Just as I remembered Diablo 2, as I did play the Hammerdin and he's already got that faint golden glow of having spammed the same skill button for the past 90 hours.

Was that artwork done by the same person who made all of the Everquest art I'd see in gaming magazines back in the day? Man I used to love those spreads.

Drop Duck

Learned
fUGMSfF.png

Can you keep your weird cuckold fetish posting to yourself, mate? This is the screenshot thread and there might be kids reading.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Alright alright I'm

97D55E99DC649006B73996E5F986D4EFF80F82F4

PBEM game. Guy rage quit or something after this turn cause I never heard from him again.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Was that artwork done by the same person who made all of the Everquest art I'd see in gaming magazines back in the day? Man I used to love those spreads.
Yes, both Keith Parkinson (I think). He did some D&D art, too.
Keith Parkinson was employed at TSR from 1983 to 1989 and was one of the four main D&D/AD&D artists of that era, alongside Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley. and Clyde Caldwell. Some of his more iconic color artwork includes "Lord Soth's Charge", "Lankhmar: City of Adventure", "The Great Red Dragon" (for the cover of Dungeon Magazine #1), and "The Temple of Elemental Evil".

SW1MUCx.png
D1xjbcY.png
1p8l2tr.png
c3OSlez.png
QjtMcI1.png
bzR64kD.png
cE4aTde.png
RT1IAOk.png
1PVb3Hp.png
itHYsEA.png
UaBiNIy.png
2gCN2Xz.png
aFbUu23.png

lordsoth_product_001.jpg
tumblr_oxpsfc6e6A1wb3uelo1_500.jpg

61b5b00ac8684db5a963547f1d04c7cb.jpg
Temple_Of_Elemental_Evil.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Man, that era of D&D artwork (even fantasy art in general) was so fucking good.

It was the time when you wanted to read a book (or buy an LP) just because the cover was so good.
Nowadays covers are nearly always ultra boring with no artwork at all, or just meh with some characters posing.

Beowulf

Arcane
Man, that era of D&D artwork (even fantasy art in general) was so fucking good.

It was the time when you wanted to read a book (or buy an LP) just because the cover was so good.
Nowadays covers are nearly always ultra boring with no artwork at all, or just meh with some characters posing.

Yeah. I'm guilty of buying some shitty TSR novellas just because the cover art was so evocative.
But this art worked also well for p&p RPG's, albeit I was more of a WFRP story fag, than D&D combatfag back then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom