Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For all of you guys complaining about Bloodborne not being on PC and still waiting, wanting to play it, explain me one thing. Why don't you just buy a cheap, used PS4, get Bloodborne (and maybe God of War, or bunch of other games), play it, and then sell PS4 for the same price you got it? It's such a simple process, and instead you whine and complain for the last 6 FREAKING YEARS! The game was released on: 3/24/2015. You could have played it 10 or more times by this point. I just don't get it.
Have you ever played an action-oriented game at more than 30 fps? Once you do it's hard to go back, especially if you are a little bit autistic.

Jinn

Arcane
For all of you guys complaining about Bloodborne not being on PC and still waiting, wanting to play it, explain me one thing. Why don't you just buy a cheap, used PS4, get Bloodborne (and maybe God of War, or bunch of other games), play it, and then sell PS4 for the same price you got it? It's such a simple process, and instead you whine and complain for the last 6 FREAKING YEARS! The game was released on: 3/24/2015. You could have played it 10 or more times by this point. I just don't get it.

The point is that if we wait, don't buy into their console exclusivity game, then buy it on PC - where it will inevitably sell like hotcakes - it'll hopefully show if not them, then all other developers, to just release on PC from the get-go. It's already happening, as a matter of fact.

Fuck rolling over and buying a system, fuck all of that bullshit. It's about bringing good games to PC for good, and getting rid of this entire exclusivity mindset. You're a console player/buyer, so you wouldn't really get it. But those of us who own and invest in our PC as our main source of entertainment want it to stay that way. Beyond that, PC is the superior system to play pretty much everything on. Why wouldn't you want to play all your games on it if at all possible?

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Because it's sort of silly to buy a console just for one game? Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but that's the general perception I get based on other people here when it comes to interest. Personally, even something like a Series S/X would offer more for me at this point since at least I'd get a backlog of backwards compatible stuff for it. All a PS4 would do for me at this point is Bloodborne and (maybe?) Spiderman 2018 to which I can say, I'm almost 100% certain the latter will come to PC at this point given Sony's announcement of future PS Exclusives coming to PC down the line.

Also, it's just nice to have it on PC for the sake of extra game preservation and even if it's still locked at 60 FPS, a proper PC port will be able to run it a lot more stable than the PS4 version seemingly fails to run it at.

ADL

Prophet
Ultrawide support, 4K, better performance and most importantly preservation and mods. Go take a look at that Dark Souls: Nightfall thread and just imagine the kind of shit people could do with Bloodborne on PC.

ADL

Prophet
After thinking hard on this i think we might never see BB on PC.

I previously was hopeful but i forgot one important thing. From Software is not Sony studio and they have history of finishing game and moving on other than some small patches. Which means that Sony would have to rehire From to do PC port which seems unlikely.

There is also Sony Japan studios which helped a bit in BB production so maybe there is a hope.
One of the more believable rumors I saw about BB on PC was a studio like QLOC doing the heavy lifting with From's limited supervision so they could not only release a "remaster" on PC but PS5 as well. The profit motive is definitely there for a relatively small investment.
https://q-loc.com/about-us/

Perkel

Arcane
yaah the main point here is that in order for PC version to be released it needs first remaster on PS5.

praetor

Arcane
oh Perkel, please stop with your inane bullshit nonsense. nobody has ever needed either a "remaster" or the original studio to release a PC port (the contrary is actually the norm, not the exception)

and exclusives will never stop. they sell extra consoles, which in turn sell extra games which in turn might generate even more sales of consoles etc etc... not to mention the whole playstation+ etc. when you hit "gold", it's a significant revenue boost to "hook" people into the "ecosystem". they're not going away, deal with it (and the bullshit is already on PC with the digital store [timed] exclusive stupidity. fuck that shit. that's 100 times stupider than platform exclusivity)

CyberModuled

Arbiter
and exclusives will never stop. they sell extra consoles, which in turn sell extra games which in turn might generate even more sales of consoles etc etc... not to mention the whole playstation+ etc. when you hit "gold", it's a significant revenue boost to "hook" people into the "ecosystem". they're not going away, deal with it (and the bullshit is already on PC with the digital store [timed] exclusive stupidity. fuck that shit. that's 100 times stupider than platform exclusivity)
I don't think temporary exclusivity will stop (aka, I don't expect any PS5 exclusives to come out any soon) but given the generally bad financial situation Sony has been in for almost a decade now as well as HZD being very successful in PC sales despite being a borked port on launch, they absolutely are going to start dumping out PS4's backlog (Jim Ryan basically admitted more PS4 games are coming then just Days Gone). Hell, I'm sure as time goes on, the PS5 backlog will come to PC as well in the long run so long as ports keep selling well. Makes sense that Microsoft and Sony would start homogenizing their games onto other platforms anyway when their systems are just budget PCs now.

praetor

Arcane
I don't think temporary exclusivity will stop (aka, I don't expect any PS5 exclusives to come out any soon) but given the generally bad financial situation Sony has been in for almost a decade now as well as HZD being very successful in PC sales despite being a borked port on launch, they absolutely are going to start dumping out PS4's backlog (Jim Ryan basically admitted more PS4 games are coming then just Days Gone). Hell, I'm sure as time goes on, the PS5 backlog will come to PC as well in the long run so long as ports keep selling well. Makes sense that Microsoft and Sony would start homogenizing their games onto other platforms anyway when their systems are just budget PCs now.

what? the fuck? from where do you get your financial information? the mickey mouse club?

yeah, more and more ports will be made, but people shouldn't expect all exclusives to be ported eventually. they might have plans for a remaster down the line (for the PS6?), like they did with DeS (which would be seriously hurt by a PC port any time between now and then), particularly if From maintains the "Souls hype" between now and then. it's really not an easy of a decision for them as people make it out to be (i.e. "it's an exclusive for an old console that's not selling anyway 'cause the new one is hype!! just port it maaayn!")

Ventidius

Arbiter
Try Sekiro next, Ventidius . Sek is not as good as BB in my opinion, but it does some things REALLY well. It's combat is superbly good (despite Demon of Hatred), world traversing and exploration feels great, and the way the story branches out depending on what you do is neat.

I've played Sekiro. It's alright (I mean, it's a From game), but I frankly prefer the Soulsborne games. That said, I think it's cool that From is experimenting with different approaches to game design, and I am rather curious of what Elden Ring will end up being like. Not that I'd have a problem with them churning out Souls-clones indefinitely either. Despite the explosion in "Soulslikes" as of late, From still seem to be the only ones in the industry that can get the formula right.

ADL

Prophet
oh Perkel, please stop with your inane bullshit nonsense. nobody has ever needed either a "remaster" or the original studio to release a PC port (the contrary is actually the norm, not the exception)

I'm under the impression that Sony finally realizes that even if PC players buy their exclusive box, they're likely not going to be valuable customers to them so why bother?

1.) You'd have to be a cucked retard to pay for peer2peer multiplayer and cloud saves when you've seen greener pastures where that shit's free... And that's disregarding the fact that the overwhelming majority of their exclusives are single player-only. Specific to Bloodborne, I doubt anyone buying a Bloodborne machine is going to pay for multiplayer. Far more likely that they get a 14 day trial off the internet, invade a couple people and move on. Assuming there's still an invasion scene of any significance. Not sure about that.
2.) They're not gonna buy third party games. At least with the Switch you have people soyfacing over the idea of playing Skyrim while taking a shit on a handheld but a Playstation is presumably just a less powerful box than the one you'd rather be playing on.
3.) The profit margins on consoles are pretty pathetic and it's only third party licensing and the "ecosystem" that makes it worth it to the platform-holders.
4.) Sony leadership is on record saying they want to put multiplayer games on PC to boost their playercounts so they don't even have that going for them anymore. Literally anything is fair game.

Under these circumstances, the consoles are just a $400/$500 barrier to access a couple singleplayer games that they'd make just as much if not more on just by selling them directly on PC. Selling a $400 console only to make slightly more money off first party, single player titles digitally is a really roundabout way to do business.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Can't recall if I've ever posted in this thread before now but Bloodborne is the best console-exclusive game ever made. And might be the best action rpg ever made, regardless of platform. It is a masterpiece.

Also, Church Pick is better than Whirlygig, if you disagree kill yourself.*

*By transforming the Chikage and standing around like an idiot

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't have anything against the Chikage, it's the standing around like an idiot in trick mode that causes problems.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
If Bloodborne 2 happens, which most likely will, should Sony make it all platforms inclusive? My guess is development already started since From has three things running.

Ravielsk

Magister

I did exactly this a few years ago and while I can say that the time I have spent with the game was great I somewhat doubt it was a worthwhile investment. Besides Bloodborne I did not finish any other PS4 game and in fact the most use I got out of my PS4 is via hacking it to play PS2 games. When I did this I was assuming that the PS4 library will shape up over time to be... well more like the PS3 library where the initial start was lame but later beefed up with a lot of unique titles but that did not happen, in fact the PS4 library is aggressively mediocre and small on top of that.
While my PS3 turned from a Demons Souls machine into a gaming beast, the PS4 remains a bloodborne machine that I might bust out to play some PS2 games. I was happy with my purchase back when I made it but I cannot honestly recommend the same thing to anyone without a crapton of asterisks. I honestly got more use out of my PSTV if I am being honest.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like BB PC leaker gets a lot right. So BB PS5 remaster + PC will be coming.

unknown.png

Dodo1610

Arcane
Yeah I certainly believe a guy who tweets garbage like this

:deathclaw:

There wasn't a single real insider who ever mentioned a Bloodborn Remaster for PS5 and PC, the rumour was always fake. If Sony planned a remaster it would have been PS5 exclusive, what we will probably get is a simple PC port at some point in the future

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah I certainly believe a guy who tweets garbage like this

:deathclaw:

There wasn't a single real insider who ever mentioned a Bloodborn Remaster for PS5 and PC, the rumour was always fake. If Sony planned a remaster it would have been PS5 exclusive, what we will probably get is a simple PC port at some point in the future

One of Sony heads says openly that more PS exclusives are coming to PC and Horizon was not the end at the same time announcing Days Gone will go to PC. This isn't only one guy saying BB is going to PC. There have been multiple leakers and "game journalists" that claim it. Obviously port is not made by From Soft.

It was supposed to be released at the end of the last year but covid fucked up shedule.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Can't wait.

-60+ FPS
-Mods
-Randomizers
-Revitalized multiplayer/PVP

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Fear the old blood.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom