Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Pink Eye here s painting for u.

iepEfEe.jpg

As our new (?) rulers like to say, Let Fweedom Wing!
OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

Shinros

Learned

iepEfEe.jpg

OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

Here is my problem with the succubus,
it happens with no other character, whoever wrote her character seems to want you to have sex with her. Her descriptions, the options your character often has around her. I think this is merely a symptom, a microcosm of those who play the tabletop and who have romanced her on the adventure path, it seems geared towards that angle. Anyway, that's just my opinion. To me, it's weird to want to romance a succubus that's clearly struggling and attempting to recover from her past life of dark degeneracy, but again this is just my opinion.

Shadenuat

Arcane
tbh Nura path feels the most effective to me. instead of running under armtillery u wipe shits, grab -1 difficulty step girl, make a bunch of hop hops with +25 bard skills, kick 3 roks from the walls, press lever and kill giants. then you can explore.

You can even shoot some enemies from walls while they're stuck under walls.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The holy mission of the player is to stop her self-destructing redemption path and turn her back to blissful dark degeneracy.

Sucking dick for Desna is no redemption. Her class is pretty cool for MC (although it inexplicably lacks the Camouflage that would be perfect with it. Too good with Trickster Stealth I guess).

Shadenuat

Arcane
I wish I did more those 100 dmg empowered snowball crits.

unless Im mistaken, these Gloves of Neophyte seem to count Empowered level 1 spell as still a L1 spell, and add +5 damage to total, and it is multiplied on crit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

iepEfEe.jpg

OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

it happens with no other character, whoever wrote her character seems to want you to have sex with her. Her descriptions, the options your character often has around her. I think this is merely a symptom, a microcosm of those who play the tabletop and who have romanced her on the adventure path, it seems geared towards that angle. Anyway, that's just my opinion. To me, it's weird to want to romance a succubus that's clearly struggling and attempting to recover from her past life of dark degeneracy, but again this is just my opinion.

:hmmm:

It is a fucking succubus....their whole existence is about getting to have sex with you. You can't be serious!

Shinros

Learned

It is a fucking succubus....their whole existence is about getting to have sex with you. You can't be serious!

And you're clearly missing the point of her arc, my issue is the quality of writing drops for her specifically, since how her character is expressed and your responses to her veers into almost a bad teen romance novel. Look, I'm not expecting high-grade literature here but it's jarring to read her lines and the PC's responses at times. When the whole point of her character is to get away from that lifestyle, I made the point that to me she seems specifically written for tabletop players who always romance her and thirst after her. It's not to say her arc isn't good, it is, but my problem is how it's written.

Shinros

Learned
oh please
nearly all the companions have shit writing, they need to fire whoever they hired to do it this time and start over from scratch

As I said I'm not expecting high grade literature, I've seen better written characters in other games. Yet, none of the other companions save perhaps one other character make me stop and roll my eyes like the succubus. My issue is I can see the clear intentions of her writer and what they're trying to do and it feels like to me they're assuming everyone is going to thirst for her. It's jarring, at least to me, as I said. Again, I've said this many times, this is just my opinion. Tons of other people can feel the other way and I doubt she will be changed considering the game is coming out in the summer.

Codex Year of the Donut
oh please
nearly all the companions have shit writing, they need to fire whoever they hired to do it this time and start over from scratch

As I said I'm not expecting high grade literature, I've seen better written characters in other games. Yet, none of the other companions save perhaps one other character make me stop and roll my eyes like the succubus. My issue is I can see the clear intentions of her writer and what they're trying to do and it feels like to me they're assuming everyone is going to thirst for her. It's jarring, at least to me, as I said. Again, I've said this many times, this is just my opinion. Tons of other people can feel the other way and I doubt she will be changed considering the game is coming out in the summer.
They wrote her for simps.
They get off on the idea of "saving" damaged women.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
All these complaints about the quality of writing make me think MCA did a lot more work polishing everything up than we'd previously assumed and Owlcat is gonna regret not having him do the same for Wrath.

Either that or the Russian-Eng translation is still rough and will get better before release. Though that's less likely imho.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

And you're clearly missing the point of her arc, my issue is the quality of writing drops for her specifically, since how her character is expressed and your responses to her veers into almost a bad teen romance novel. Look, I'm not expecting high-grade literature here but it's jarring to read her lines and the PC's responses at times. When the whole point of her character is to get away from that lifestyle, I made the point that to me she seems specifically written for tabletop players who always romance her and thirst after her. It's not to say her arc isn't good, it is, but my problem is how it's written.
From what i have seen those are options,you could simply ignore her lol. Did you want her to be written as some fat blue haired strong independent tranny ? The whole idea is that succubus are lustful creatures that have magical glamour that seduces humans/mortals. Thus you are given the options of talking to her like you are under her charm. It seems like very solid writing to me. Clearly the character is not written for you,maybe you should try and change the party member.

Codex Year of the Donut
All these complaints about the quality of writing make me think MCA did a lot more work polishing everything up than we'd previously assumed and Owlcat is gonna regret not having him do the same for Wrath.

Either that or the Russian-Eng translation is still rough and will get better before release. Though that's less likely imho.
Wouldn't surprise me, Avellone does seem a bit humble.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
oh please

They wrote her for simps.
They get off on the idea of "saving" damaged women.
LoL you are such a butthurt kwanza. Go simping fargo and stop your insensate bitching in this thread,it is pathetic.

Desiderius

Patron
Drovier Auras are nice (the +4 CMB one was particularly good for my Brown Fur Tranzfurry and Student of War MCs in Alpha) especially the speed one for MC Dwarf, but this might be might favorite feature:
Spontaneous Summoning.jpg

Instead of Spontaneous Spells you get Spontaneous Summons. This lets him memorize a bunch of situational spells like Resist Energy, Communal then turn them into something useful when not needed. Don't do a lot of healing so much more valauble than Spontaneous Healing. This frees up Divine Caster to focus on their outstanding buffs and nukes (in this setting).

Law Domain lvl 4.jpg

On the other hand you don't get a choice with Law Domain since the fourth level spell it gives you is Protection from Energy, Communal. But that's a nice one to have on tap in a pinch too (I've gotten owned buy this bomber before on Hard) and Fourth Level is the best Spontaneous Heal (Critical).

Marauder Leader.jpg

This whole set up can get a little tricky on Hard since the boss starts out Invis, you can easily get Outflanked by his buddies and there are several other threats offscreen at the top including an Alchemist. You can see Nenio leading with Rainbow Pattern, one of the real advantages of having her along (she's an Illusionist).

Perfect Rainbow.jpg

Four foes fail their saves and are mezzed unless they accidently get hit, which happens. Lann with another Perfect Strike, another key element of our success so far. Missed or lost a Cat's Grace there looks like.

Archer Harassment.jpg

Lann's pet Charges Archer to top right. You'll see this a lot when I don't need him to tank. Leopardds especially good at this.

Opening Sneak.jpg

Wolj with same on Alchemist. Started Invis for scouting, positioning, and alpha strike. Both Crispy and Wolj now in position for AoOs if those threats try to attack. Pure ZA can do this with Abundant Step and Snap Shot.

Bad Concentration.jpg

Here's a case where I made a mistake. MC just picked up Outflank herself so idled up to the boss hoping to pick up an AoO. Instead she got her Prayer picked off. 32 AC with Displacement from Nenio isn't awful, but it's not great. Will need to cast a spell before entering the fray. No tanking yet.

Bad Positioning, good AB.jpg

On the other hand PalFreebooter hits whatever she wants to. She can now use Mirror Image Scrolls crafted by Nenio, will need to use those and Enlarge her soon. Notice bad guys with Question Marks. That's Rainbow Pattern.

Save reduction.jpg

They're sitting ducks to get utterly abused. Should be an advisory on this one. Yes, this is still Hard.

MCTieflingRacial Bonus.jpg

Getting there on MC. Outflank is a big pickup. Didn't know that Tieflings are Goblinoids. Will help to find a decent Sword in SwarmCave.

Personal Favs.jpg
Good to see Personal Favorites are back, discovering and making use of those is a personal favorite of mine.

Shinros

Learned
From what i have seen those are options,you could simply ignore her lol. Did you want her to be written as some fat blue haired strong independent tranny ? The whole idea is that succubus are lustful creatures that have magical glamour that seduces humans/mortals. Thus you are given the options of talking to her like you are under her charm. It seems like very solid writing to me. Clearly the character is not written for you,maybe you should try and change the party member.

As I said in my last post, maybe she's not for me, if you like how she is, more power to you. Just giving my opinion that's all.

Desiderius

Patron

As I said in my last post, maybe she's not for me, if you like how she is, more power to you. Just giving my opinion that's all.

Yours is perspicacious. He’s missing an entire culture.

Reformed whores are a thing (as are reformed rakes). They’re some of the best people around and often key contributors to their communities.

What they don’t turn into are ingenues. More like the exact opposite.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Ahh fair enough. I don't know if i like her or not,waiting for the full game,don't want to spoil meself with the unfinished thing. From what i have seen from screenshots it seems fine. For all i know it could be total shit when it comes out. At this point bitching about that shit seems pointless to me.

Yours is perspicacious. He’s missing an entire culture.
Go suck some flaccid cock,you cunt!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom