Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Walking simulators aka "Notgame" Thread

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

this

One of two reviews on Steam goes like this:

TALENTED, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, SHOW STOPPING, SPECTACULAR, NEVER THE SAME, TOTALLY UNIQUE, COMPLETELY NOT EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, UNAFRAID TO REFERENCE OR NOT REFERENCE, PUT IT IN A BLENDER, ♥♥♥♥ ON IT, VOMIT ON IT, EAT IT, GIVE BIRTH TO IT.

I mostly agree.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
The Space Between

https://chrstphfr.itch.io/the-space-between

Short arthouse walking (suicide?) sim (<1 hour, hence not on Steam) that is about an NPC incapable of connecting with other NPCs. Or something like that. Very nice soundtrack, and a narrative that's open for interpretation.

It looks really interesting and disturbing even from screenshots, reminding me of Paratopic and somehow The Beginner's Guide.

I would buy it if it was $3, not 6.

J9mTZf.jpg

5x8cah.jpg

6Irfus.jpg

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Played through this one. You play as some chick who works for a motel (?) to go out every night and chase monsters away from the neighboring towns. Each titan has a different trick to make them leave which amounts to a simple puzzle. There's some hints at backstory with her parents, it doesn't go very far but I may have missed something

Jank - there's a lot of it. Most of the game is spent driving and the driving controls and physics are absolute zero effort Unity junk. The game is probably 2 - 3 hours long if you're not rushing. Environments generally look like pasted together Unity store assets, but it there is some nice atmosphere and finding the titans is pretty cool. The soundtrack is surprisingly good. The voice acting is hilariously bad, sounds like the girl doesn't understand what the english words she is saying mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom