Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fucking hackers. This is why we cant have nice things.

Fuck uu

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Regarding future DLCs...

I wonder how they are going to deal with them, I mean if V has to be the protagonist it's gonna be quite an issue, unless they go for the time with Jackie but then you'd be like level 1 or something, dunno.
Future DLC is likely to be the multiplayer stuff.

I mean I would just do it as New Vegas did. Someone calls you up, they have a new job. New locations open up. Go to it right before the Point-of-No-Return.
In New Vegas you didn't have few weeks left though, I mean you can do it sure but with the relic malfunction getting worse every day it'd make absolutely zero sense. That's why chronologically speaking it'd only make sense during the Jackie period. But then it'd be even more weird because you would expect people to acknowledge what you already did.

Honestly I'll never understand why developers put theirself in this weird position with the story, if you have story DLC in mind you can't just always go for a fucking prequel or something completely unrelated. Like we want to know what happens AFTER, who cares about before. It's like they never want to acknowledge the post ending world, same with every other RPG out there, unironically the only game that went further was Fallout 3 lol.

The Relic doesn't get worse?

Time means absolutely nothing in game. I'm level 50, 160 hours in, 50 street cred, Act 3. My char is more powerful and alive than ever. There's no internal clock like in Fallout 1. It's a non issue. The Malaria in Far Cry 2 was more of an issue than this chip.

They absolutely can shove in Mainline DLC and all you have to do is just...go to it. Even if you're on the gates of Hanako. Get a phone call, turn around, get on the arch, drive off. Simple as.

Prequel DLC makes no sense. Especially not when the Trauma Tower, the Spaceport, the Oil Fields, and Biotechnica are so god damn empty. They're yearning to be used.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am surprised how the code is not in github or some other online version management tool. Everything is jira, confluence and github... How they lost it?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Jason Schreier

s7rj95863imz.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I am surprised how the code is not in github or some other online version management tool. Everything is jira, confluence and github... How they lost it?
they arent saying that they lost it, but rather that they were unable to work for a while, collaborate if you will

Paul_cz

Arcane
The invaders may have had access to their personal information including Polish identification numbers and passport details, leading the company to tell staff to freeze their accounts and report the security breach to relevant parties, said the people familiar with the matter. Workers were also asked to ship their computers to the company’s IT staff to be scanned for malware or other intrusions, the people said.

Yeah that must have been a pretty giant pain in the ass.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
People in the thread about the hack predicted CDPR will use it as an excuse to delay patches :D Good job!
They should have used the covid scamdemic to delay the game into q4 2021 now its game over for them by the time they fix (if that's even possible) the game nobody will give a fuck about it. Their only choice if they want to survive is to bring back Geraldo for Glitcher 4 but looking at current dvd project blue they will probably set it in Wakanda I mean Zerrikania.

Why bother? They made their money....sure it's not what they expected, but at least it's enough to cover everything and now maybe they can shake off their hubris and get back to Twitchering and not fuck up again. Sometimes it takes a fuck up(or several in the case of Piranha Bytes) to go back to your roots and start redemption.

typical user

Arbiter
They have asked everyone to come to office and leave their laptops for security check-ups. Prolly 10 people from cybersecurity checking hundreds of machines during 2-3 weeks hence why they couldn't work and caused the delay.

Still they could've said about the delay immediately. Also let's be honest patch 1.1 changed jack shit.
The game still runs like an ass.
Has strings like {damage} on cyberware mods.
Test messages in end credits.
The Arasaka main-lobby has no character shadows programmed (starting point for Corpo also final level for all endings).
Fucking Keanu T-posing in secret ending.
Also 20+ perks do not work, stop working after reloading a save or cancel each other.
The item duping is still possible.
Johnny/V dialogs are mixed in Mikoshi.
Or dead characters send you texts or people reference consequences of the decisions you didn't make.
Ozob quest is initiated twice - second time if you complete Beat on the Brat.
Then there are half the sounds missing.
Player dies from janky world geometry randomly.

And what about underdeveloped features?
Where is enemy and pedestrian AI?
Why this game plays like a Far Cry or Watch Dogs?
Why level-design is a linear shit with illusory optional paths?
Why the economy of this game is direct copy of Witcher 3 with collecting shit-ton of weapons worth jack shit?
Where are side-quests instead of same old kill-loot-return copy-paste fixer jobs?
Where is the RPG?

Testownia

As always, my practice of waiting a MINIMUM of 10-12 months before playing a game is paying off immensely.

If you haven't noticed yet, Ladies and Gentlemen, you should treat the launch of a Definitive/Enhanced/Ultimate/Sexy Edition as the REAL release date.

Paul_cz

Arcane
As always, my practice of waiting a MINIMUM of 10-12 months before playing a game is paying off immensely.

I agree that it is always best to play games only when they are fully abandoned and no more updates are coming; that said in some cases where I know I will play the game more than once, I prefer to get it at launch, play the early version and then replay it once all the updates and new content is out. Cyberpunk is one such case.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Thing about not working sounds kind of true. The internal QA branch wasn't updated from first week of February through to literally just before they announced they were delaying the patch. If they had any sense they'd use the time now to set some expectations on what they're hoping the patch to do, even in general terms, especially on PC where it won't be as 'simple' as saying 'look, 30fps solid'.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The patches means jack shit because they won't add anything new into the game, only bug fixing.

They still haven't announced anything content related at all.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
ww9mQPh.png

I beat the game. 66% achievements, 167 hours. The Star ending. Maybe V won't live long, maybe he will, but fuck Arasaka, fuck Johnny, fuck Night City.

Screen looks terrible because :shittydog: my damn computer didn't grab the screenshot but luckily I streamed it.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe V won't live long, maybe he will, but fuck Arasaka, fuck Johnny, fuck Night City.

Yeah. Fuck Night City. That place is more alienating than the modern world. Having said that, it's an accomplishment in itself on part of the developers.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Maybe V won't live long, maybe he will, but fuck Arasaka, fuck Johnny, fuck Night City.

Yeah. Fuck Night City. That place is more alienating than the modern world. Having said that, it's an accomplishment in itself on part of the developers.

It really is. But still reminded me of home some times.

az2liYE.png

Could be right now in Brooklyn.

Ain't that terrifying?

Wish they didn't rush this game, or added more tiers of content. Once the gigs was done, the city fell dead. Side characters were really under utilized. Still, had fun. Lets hope the DLC adds it up.

Expanding on the Nomad Ending: it's almost like a 80s movie. Named characters die, a small band of rebels fuck over the megacorp, and V leaves it all behind. But he leaves Johnny behind, he leaves the city behind, he leaves Arasaka in ruins...I heard the other endings might be similar, I'll look into them of course, but damn The Star feels *right*. Like the end to a pnp campaign.

Big NPCs or even other PCs bite it but you pulled off something big and grew in the process (as in, fuck becoming a NC legend, who the hell cares? Jackie died. Evelyn died. Judy got fucked. Claire got fucked. Rogue and Kerry became sellouts. Sure Alt is unleashed on the company net but big whoop. Fuck NC. I wouldn't nuke it, but it's a shambling monster best avoided, a full corp city through and through).

I'll go for Afterlife and Suicide soon, I guess.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No need to kick somebody lying down.

We all want a better product, so cheering for some fag hackers to ruin the company isn't gonna give you what you want.

Fuck the hackers. roll on patch 1.2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom