Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Aemar

Arcane
I always thought he was a Saracen. Saracens wearing medieval armor makes sense. Zulus in medieval armor is retarded.
Whatever his shade of black was, the original paladin definitely looked the part as far as I'm concerned. The current paladin looks like a participant in the 2020 Lut Gholein Peaceful Protests who just grabbed a full suit of shiny armour while looting the local armoury store.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Would someone here explain what people's complaints with LoD are? I remember thinging Act 5 was pretty great, and liking nearly everything LoD brought to the table. Did the Nephalim bullshit begin with LoD? I don't remember that getting going until D3. It's been a very long time since I played.
I played Diablo II for months and months and even picked it up and played it again years later, I think I had various Lvl ~93-97 or even 8 characters on B.Net and I owned LoD, but I don't think I've ever actually played the fifth Act. One of the main reasons for buying and installing LoD for me was that it improved the Base resolution of Classic Diablo II from 640x480 to 800x600. It's a really long time ago now, but I remember thinking that the Runes are wank and Gems were good enough for improving Rare weapons, the looting game seemed worse and I never liked the additional characters that LoD added with the Assassin and Druid as opposed to the iconic Barbarian/Sorceress/Necromancer/Amazon/Paladin. They always seemed like a kind of lame addition.

I didn't like Bhaal. Diablo runs were much more visually appealing Bhaal was in some boring snow land. Felt anti-climatic.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always thought he was a Saracen. Saracens wearing medieval armor makes sense. Zulus in medieval armor is retarded.
Whatever his shade of black was, the original paladin definitely looked the part as far as I'm concerned. The current paladin looks like a participant in the 2020 Lut Gholein Peaceful Protests who just grabbed a full suit of shiny armour while looting the local armoury store.

Shiieeeeet, we wuz knitz?

Perkel

Arcane

Don't look at original wizard from D1. Which looks the same.

unknown.png

Codex Year of the Donut

Don't look at original wizard from D1. Which looks the same.

unknown.png
wow it's weird how they were capable of perfectly depicting that in diablo 1 but suddenly technology prevented them from doing so in diablo 2

Perkel

Arcane
wow it's weird how they were capable of perfectly depicting that in diablo 1 but suddenly technology prevented them from doing so in diablo 2

Because this is character portrait with upclose face. No such a thing in D2. But i like how those goal posts are moved constantly.

D2R paladin is a nigger --> This is wrong kind of nigger ---> anyways problem is nigger not staying true to d2

Amazon looks worse than D2 ---> Well it is about age not about looks.

Blizzard wasn't woke when they made D2, now this woke shit ---> ok they did stuff back then ---> No stop showing me George Floyd in Diablo1 i can't take it.

Citizen

What is the difference ? I don't see one. Nigger is a nigger.

Guys do you believe the nerve of that RACIST? What an absolute FREAK, some one need to pass these DISTURBING posts to blizzard for his key to be revoked!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Do I need to be a raging coomer to be upset that the Druid looks like he's been shooting H in a hollow tree and just heard the news it's his high school's 20 year reunion? Or the fact the trailer showed werewolf form, and he went from having a sleek white coat to yet another shade of brown? Enemies no longer seem to have striking color palettes, like that white glow of horrors, or the bright red of burning dead. Will magic packs have a bright blue hue? Will Ghosts' casting their bone spirit-like spell be a huge glowing orb of white? Will the corpse spitters fire huge bright green loogeys at us?

What does any of those have to do with being a coomer?
The point is that the only reason people are complaining is because a character whose face you see clearly ONLY in the character selection screen is not hot enough. And make 40 pages about it. This is coomer behavior. It already happened with Mass Effect's remaster and Miranda's ass. It is happening now. It will happen again, because many people here are cover coomers.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Hard to pay attention in last 50 pages sperging out about some faces. When original is this:

unknown.png
Nice try, using a picture where Amazon is not selected and therefore standing in darkness.

Here is a picture where everybody is selected (the upper row):

3d4481b5343c55535a687d885e75ddf2.jpg

And a special bonus, a picture from a blog of somebody who's named Lilura1:

1.jpg
Honestly, trying to argue that the Amazon can be 50-years-old matron instead of mid-20-years-old fighter is retarded, but at this point it is obvious that you are arguing in a bad faith. It's either that or you're really stupid.

Can't see shit, captain. Only thing that matters about the Amazonian are her gigantic boobs. That's the thing that stands out the most about her, not her near-indistinguishable face.

Citizen

Devs did a shitty job at GRAPHICAL remaster of the cult classic game, fanboys in full damage control mode "BRO why u so mad you see this graphics like once a playthrough xD, fucking coomer lol"

I would love to see the resetera's reaction if they made paladin white and someone went "Bro xDDD you see his face like ONCE BRO! RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING! Just pretend he's black for the rest of the game LMAO!"

Melcar

Arcane
Only reason I picked the Amazon was because she looked hot in the character selection screen.
That was pretty much the main reason people included women in their games as playable characters. Eye candy. I guess with the current times there is no need for said eye candy.

Harthwain

Magister
Can't see shit, captain. Only thing that matters about the Amazonian are her gigantic boobs. That's the thing that stands out the most about her, not her near-indistinguishable face.
The third picture. Not the first.

Harthwain

Magister
The third picture. Not the first.

Which seems to be a blurry, upscaled picture of the original. Kind of me posting this

s9bnoa8hote41.png

And talking about how handsome the Vault Dweller's face is.
Here you have not an upscaled picture, with good lighting:

204347.1073736910.gif

Edit:

Ismaul
Chippy
Lokiamis

Link for people who can't see the image above for some reason: L-click me!. Coincidentally it seems to have models for all heroes, so you can take a good look at the Paladin as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom