Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck Demo feedback loop (SPOILERS)

Alphons

Cipher
Is there more than one communal room below deck ? I have ingrid with me, says i need to find his locker, went there and there's nothing to be found there,no acces card in any locker , she offers no new dialogue option

Tablet in one of the lockers gives you access to VR suite where you can get a keypass.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Is there more than one communal room below deck ? I have ingrid with me, says i need to find his locker, went there and there's nothing to be found there,no acces card in any locker , she offers no new dialogue option.

There should be one communal room - with lots of beds and lockers. There's no key card but there is some other clue.

Also found another bug , using the VR program brings her in too .

Awkward. Thanks for reporting!

I got the keycard to the fuel bunker, disabled the bots myself, but the other quest doesnt update either, even carrying a fuel cell .Got one ending however.

Ah, makes sense to update it, good point.

Congrats! You managed to complete the run even with the issues!

What kind of character did you play?

Meanwhile, I uploaded a fresh version last night.

I swear i wasnt even trying to break it...It doesnt show but controls get inverted too. I bet you cant wait for me to discover new bugs.

I added some checks there. I hope it fixes the problem, let me know if you still experience it.

Alphons said:
Error 529 (prompt to contact developer)- I gave Ingrid fuel terminal pass, but couldn't get her to use the terminal so I tried pickpocketing it from her and the game froze

This is supposed to be fixed now, I really hope Steam just did not update on time. Anyways, if pick pocketing causes any more bugs, let me know!

Alphons said:
I found the valve for scavengers and gave it to Janka. He took it to his buddy near the ship. He still gave me a quest to look around for it.

This whole B5-21 story arc has been majorly revamped last night. I expect there to not be many major flaws at this time. Of course, let me know if otherwise.

Alphons said:
Still had a good time with what I've played, I'll be starting new playthrough later.
So happy to hear that! Good luck!

What kind of character did you play, what are you planning to play next?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
It's unclear what the first number on the dice rolling screen means. Am I supposed to surpass it? To go below? Would be easier to get if there was any feedback, i.e. a sound or color for un/passed checks

I slightly adjusted the design of the skill check so now it shows both the difficulty of a check and success or fail. I think it is not breaking metagaming aspect, because I think it makes sense if your character can estimate how complicated the check is going to be and whether you succeeded or not.

quote]

Alphons

Cipher

Played with guns and sneak with 2 points in Speech. I plan to check out Scitec and Tinker and maybe Melee.

Mortmal

Arcane

Played with guns and sneak with 2 points in Speech. I plan to check out Scitec and Tinker and maybe Melee.

Used the tech/sneak guy to complete the game, next i'll use the diplomacy heavy one. Despite the bugs its very good, hope you add many new areas for final version.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Mortmal said:
Used the tech/sneak guy to complete the game, next i'll use the diplomacy heavy one.
Nice! Bear in mind that truly social character relies on PERCEPTION, CHARM, and speech and you'll probably won't be able to max all out them out.

Alphons said:
Cool! What kind of weapon did you use? Did weapon condition come into play?

hmm Kamaz

no matter what char i roll with when i go down the first ldder everything is upside down and cant be fixed.

tried with all premade chars and a few custom chars too

i would have a few screenshots but F12 doesnt seem to be working either for me

pity, i was getting right into this

can you please fix, or do i have to uninstall and reinstall?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
no matter what char i roll with when i go down the first ladder everything is upside down and cant be fixed.
Arrrgh! I thought I had a fix for this :(

Anyways, this is zoom related issue. Try
1) scrolling with the mouse wheel
2) press + / - keys
3) Alternatively, 0 should reset both camera position and scale.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if any of this helped!

no matter what char i roll with when i go down the first ladder everything is upside down and cant be fixed.
Arrrgh! I thought I had a fix for this :(

Anyways, this is zoom related issue. Try
1) scrolling with the mouse wheel
2) press + / - keys
3) Alternatively, 0 should reset both camera position and scale.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if any of this helped!

it is still happening but thankfully your suggested fix is working and i can continue

:bro:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I am planning to release Space Wreck Demo itch.io version sometime tomorrow (if all goes well). It includes many (most?) of the fixes for problems mentioned here and then some.

Because I don't have a QA department on standby, any help in checking the build before launch would be appreciated. If you want to opt-in:

https://kamazs.itch.io/space-wreck

If it asks for a password, enter `testdemo`.

-The idea of splitting intelligence into perception and work is interesting, might not be entirely intuitive for someone expecting Fallout
-The fact that prebuild characters are placed above custom character creation may trick someone into picking them and not create you own character. I thought for the second that you went for a Warband route (go through a few rounds of background choices, then distribute points in character creation)
- BUG: Work attribute doesn't update exp rate automatically, you need to click other attribute then click again Work
-Change the name of damage stat into unarmed damage bonus
- Dice rolling animations is tooooo sloooooow
-Graphics are pretty
- You see what bonuses an armor gives only after equipping it. That's bad.
- I like the lore info that visitors without money should stay out of the ship :)
- Scrolling down to see item descriptions is tiresome and makes comparing weapons difficult. The worst thing is that you can't scroll when you loot.
- Walking is too slow. This REALLY hurts replayability! Fly to is still to slow and doesn't work when encumbered
- It's funny how my combat character is a master of reading people, but can't speak with them.
- AP counter is too small, took me 2 fights to find it :)
- I don't know how much exp I need for next level.
- It's too easy to be encumbered
- You should add manual save.

I liked the game overall :)

How to get out of VR? I am stuck. There is no way out.

-The idea of splitting intelligence into perception and work is interesting, might not be entirely intuitive for someone expecting Fallout

How to get out of VR? I am stuck. There is no way out.

Have sex.

Or get into the closet.

I had so low social skills that the girl didn't want to speak with me. And this was supposed to be my fantasy.
:rpgcodex:

Get upset and killed her.

I know about shift flying, but it is still too slow. An don't work when encumbered. Double both walking and flying speed.

BTW what happened to the old beginning? You know, the one when you started in a ship as a captain and was talking with passengers.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
BTW what happened to the old beginning? You know, the one when you started in a ship as a captain and was talking with passengers.
That content is still in the game, though it has evolved a bit. I wanted a cold start and drop players on an abandoned wreck right away. After all, you will have to get back to your ship anyways. (Well, in most scenarios at least.)

Played some more. I think that putting HP number and AP bar at opposite sides of a screen is a grave sin against UI usability. You eyes are constantly going through one place on the screen to other.
Bug: If you find Casimir keycard before going with Ingrid into security room quest will bug out and she will be talking about searching locket even after you disable bots.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I can't use the SE Skywalk access ladder on the main floor. Clicking on it makes me use the terminal right next to it.

I got into combat when a cambot saw me, and despite sneaking multiple rooms away I can't get out of combat. The cambot isn't chasing me.

I'm overencumbered and can't find a way to drop any items.

Combat seems to start randomly. I'm sneaking around an empty hallway so nothing should have seen me.

I'm trying to exit the game and pressing Esc doesn't do it. The Esc button seems to reset the sound effect for cambots walking around. If you mash it it sounds like an army of them are coming.

CanadianCorndog

Learned
Played about 20 mins so far.

When I first land and the blue screen comes up, not really clear than I need to click on the small bar under the portrait. I got the ".... CHOOSE-SEX ..." message until I figured it out.
Shadows under the players and NPCs are too light/noisy and square.
The noisy boxes to block visibility look terrible.
Cambots could use some more animation variety

Love the art direction
The overall feel of everything is great
Pace is good, interesting stuff to examine, explore, rooms, environment, etc.
I will buy this game

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Played through with speech build and did the 'join' and 'find depot keycard and get fuel' endings. I assume the other two are 'steal fuel' and 'steal ship', either by sneaking or killing crew in combat or decompressing (hacking).
I don't know if this has been patched, but on one run I had and NPC in tow (the one who wants help with the terminals/find security/etc) and happened to talk my way into her ship. She went aggro and killed her crewmates.

Enjoyed. Will buy.

Talked to Edzus and tried to play a round of F.A.G with the cards I found, after I played my lizardmen card and got the dialog box message that the card was removed from my inventory, I wasn't able to advance the dialog (by clicking "End Your Turn"), close the UI ("You must finish your interaction with Edzus"), or move my character at all.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Talked to Edzus and tried to play a round of F.A.G with the cards I found, after I played my lizardmen card and got the dialog box message that the card was removed from my inventory, I wasn't able to advance the dialog (by clicking "End Your Turn"), close the UI ("You must finish your interaction with Edzus"), or move my character at all.
Dang it. I am sorry. How many cards (approx, more than 1?) did you have when started the round?

I had 2, lizardmen and goblins I believe. I started the conversation via his d20 pin and ended up starting a game, was kind of clicking random dialog options so I don't totally remember what I did/didn't say unfortunately. I replicated it by loading a save and taking roughly the same path through the conversation again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom