Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well u get the base station,the thing is to upgrade it to a better facility, that's the annoying bit.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well u get the base station,the thing is to upgrade it to a better facility, that's the annoying bit.

It's useless apart from research. Much better to build actual factories where you need them.

Oh and research needs a fuck load of resources now. Wonderful. Luckily I did everything at the beginning when it cost a few minutes and nothing else. :lol:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Research is so annoying, it's best to mod out the resource requirements.
I know right. Mod the game back to how it was when it came out.

It seems Egosoft is listening to people like Perkele. Removing jump drives, adding a lot of shit from Stillbirth and generally making the opposite of "quality of life improvements". I.e making the game more of a pain in the ass.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
The new research enables teleporting the HQ anywhere in known space.....

Does this mean Perkel is on suicide watch?

Oh no, cant warp myself or my fleet in anywhere I want anymore? Nerftards won?

How about my goddamn pentagon shows up wherever?? :lol:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

What you're saying is... i can strap a shitload of turrets on my HQ.. and teleport it anywhere??

Perkel

Arcane

I remove both PHQ and superhighway with mods anytime i play.

What you're saying is... i can strap a shitload of turrets on my HQ.. and teleport it anywhere??

Each sector has "plots" so no you can only tp it in one of those plots.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

I remove both PHQ and superhighway with mods anytime i play.

Each sector has "plots" so no you can only tp it in one of those plots.

Why not just mod all the ships' speed to 1m/s and attach a knife to the pc that stabs you every 5 seconds? You absolute autistic loser.

Perkel

Arcane
Funny.
X4 at its current state is way better than X3.

Vanilla yes. But vanilla X3 was trash. X4 is contending with overhauls and bit by a bit it gets very close to beating them. Imho next expansion and the one after it and then i think it should stand equal imho. Feature wise it will still be a bit behind but share amount of QOL changes, AI and other stuff makes up for it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
ITT: playing in a tiny universe with only like 8 basic ships, almost no variety between races and one major race not even present after 2 expansions, is better because muh interface.

cw8

Cipher
Someone playing around with the new Terran battleship:

cw8

Cipher
The main beam took out the destroyer in seconds:

Now it will make sense for the to add battleships for all major factions.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
The main beam took out the destroyer in seconds:

Now it will make sense for the to add battleships for all major factions.

Inb4 perkele mods out the main weapon and replaces it with a peashooter :lol:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
z0oIuyX.jpg

So what, does this game not self-identify as a 'Space game' or something? Why even have a Space forum if the two biggest threads on space games, this and NMS, aren't even in the damn thing?:outrage:

Infinitron , explain yourself!

Jinn

Arcane
So what, does this game not self-identify as a 'Space game' or something? Why even have a Space forum if the two biggest threads on space games, this and NMS, aren't even in the damn thing?:outrage:

Infinitron left this thread here as a concession to Perkel. I'm sure he wanted to move it, but Perkel insisted it would gain more traction in General Gaming, which I don't think he was necessarily wrong about. No one looks at the Space forum, unfortunately.

praetor

Arcane
but Perkel is just the polish engrish version of Wrong_Carlo, so why would anyone ever listen to him?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
If I never played it, should I wait for patch 4.0 or whatever else is coming?
I think you would have a lot more fun with modded x3. x4 has some really good points but it feels bland and generic, I think it needs a huge overhaul mod before becoming a really good game. And btw, vanilla x3 station building is the biggest piece of shit ever.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I think you would have a lot more fun with modded x3. x4 has some really good points but it feels bland and generic, I think it needs a huge overhaul mod before becoming a really good game. And btw, vanilla x3 station building is the biggest piece of shit ever.

I've had some fun with X3TC back in the day, to the point of getting a few automated traders and getting a mining outpost that later got destroyed because the AI built a station that clipped into it. But the underwater combat physics are annoying, SETA gate travelling gets boring after a while, and the UI doesn't support HIDPI. Also there are no real wars between factions, and the player taking or nuking stations exposes fakeness of the world. The things that the AI builds have no cost at all.

Is X4 better in these aspects?

cw8

Cipher

Have fun with the Xenon. There are active wars in X4. HOP should be arggoed to Paranids and the the Argons right at the start. There are threads asking for help on how to deal with the Xenon invasions because their maps are getting overwhelmed by them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/comments/ef817y/hop_is_too_strong/
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=429508
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/comments/gdn03z/xenon_taking_over/

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
z0oIuyX.jpg

"Space Game" is an absolutely retarded way to classify games and should die of super-aids. Space is a setting, not a genre. There is no forum for "WW2 France games" or "Island Games" or "Alternate History Russia" games.

There are RPG's, FPS, 4X, side scrollers and pretty much every type of game set in space.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

I've had some fun with X3TC back in the day, to the point of getting a few automated traders and getting a mining outpost that later got destroyed because the AI built a station that clipped into it. But the underwater combat physics are annoying, SETA gate travelling gets boring after a while, and the UI doesn't support HIDPI. Also there are no real wars between factions, and the player taking or nuking stations exposes fakeness of the world. The things that the AI builds have no cost at all.

I have to admit that it is. Ships and stations take resources to build and there are faction wars and invasions. I'd still rather play x3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom